belcherboy

When do you push the "fire" button on Rich Rod?

"what have they done this year"

What haven't they done? Best Iowa and msu?

You asked the hypothetical of when he should be fired. You then assumed a bunch of losses because teams from years past did the same.

I almost wish they would fire him so I wouldn't have to listen to thus half baked ******** anymore.

"what have they done this year"

What haven't they done? Best Iowa and msu?

You asked the hypothetical of when he should be fired. You then assumed a bunch of losses because teams from years past did the same.

I almost wish they would fire him so I wouldn't have to listen to thus half baked ******** anymore.

I didn't mean to get you all fired up! Sorry! I guess he has earned another year because he beat Uconn, ND, Bowling Green, Indiana, and UMass. I think some Michigan fans have spent too much time with William Clay Ford and the Lions! :speech:

I can tell you what they haven't done....I don't think they have stopped anyone's offense this year. That is why I think RR's B10 record is in no danger of getting better (sorry, I guess I shouldn't judge him on his past :speech: )

The reason I say 3 to 4 years, if we fire RRod... they'll go with a Michigan man. That's what the whiners want... We won't play the offensive scheme we have now ... Denard won't shine in that scheme. I don't know if Forcier would either.

Plus, the defense is an abortion.

Through October 9, I see an offense rated in the top 10 according to football outsiders and a defense rated 59. These rankings adjust for schedule.

For reference, in 2009 the defense was ranked 63 and in 2008 ranked 42.

In 2009, the offense was ranked 32 and in 2008 it was 95.

Passes the sniff test and is about in line with what I am seeing this year.

Of course, the sample this year is small. That's why I will wait until they have played 12 games and judge their progress at that point.

Ah **** it. Unacceptable!!!!!

End of the year if they don't win 7 games, end of next year if they don't win 9 games tomorrow if he legally changes his name to Woody Hayes and rips off his shirt to reveal an ohio state jersey underneath

The reason I say 3 to 4 years, if we fire RRod... they'll go with a Michigan man. That's what the whiners want... We won't play the offensive scheme we have now ... Denard won't shine in that scheme. I don't know if Forcier would either.

Plus, the defense is an abortion.

If they hire the right guy, he can turn it around in 2 seasons. History has shown that in several cases at big programs.

Again, I know I look like the bad guy here for merely "suggesting" that they think about moving on from RR, but the fact is in a big program, if you are not a national champion threat, than you BETTER do well in your conference. If you don't do well in your conference, you've got to beat your rivals. So far, RR has failed MISERABLY in all categories. I just don't see how Michigan fans can prop him up by claiming victories over ND, UConn, and Indiana as reasons why this year is not an UTTER disappointment. I'm not sure RR has a signature victory here at Michigan. Anyone got one that comes to mind??? Maybe Wisconsin in 2008?

Denard is good, and RR deserves credit for that, but it is just a matter of time before he is REALLY injured IMO. I hope I'm wrong! RR should also be criticized highly for building a defense that would struggle stopping teams in the MAC!

Only thing to do is let the season play out. We just lost to two pretty good football teams one a top 15 team and both in the top 3-4 teams in the Big Ten.

Defensively no one should be surprised with the results, it is what it is. Little to no upper classmen and a bunch of youth learning as they go.

Offensively UM was able to move the ball against both teams, both of whom are among the better D's in the league if not the best two....that is encouraging. Iowa was in the top ten on scoring d in the country avg 10.2 a game or something like it.

I predicted 8-4 prior to the season and still think we can get to 8.

As I said, let it play out, what happens will happen nothing we can do about it.

For those thinking Jim Harbaugh to UM, he was mentioned over the weekend as a darkhorse candidate for a few "soon to be vacant" NFL coaching jobs.

Wonder if Brady Hoke would take the job?

Through October 9, I see an offense rated in the top 10 according to football outsiders and a defense rated 59. These rankings adjust for schedule.

Of course, the sample this year is small. That's why I will wait until they have played 12 games and judge their progress at that point.

Where is Michigan ranked against the pass? Last time I looked it was bottom 5 in the NCAA. (maybe it has improved to the middle of the pack)

Paint it all you like, but if you're sniffing something in the Michigan defense that smells good, you can pass what your smoking along to everyone else!

I judge it game by game. So far we've beat some CLEARLY inferior opponents, and lost 2 of three conference games, and looked VERY beatable by 3 of the last 5 opponents we play to end the season.

I honestly don't care if he stays or goes, but to act like he has done nothing to warrant at least a DISCUSSION about him being fired seems like an ostrich sticking his head in the ground to me!

As I said, let it play out, what happens will happen nothing we can do about it.

Is it just me, or is this living up to the stereotype of Michigan fans? I LOVE watching Michigan football and have grown up watching it, but it seems that when Michigan is doing well, fans want to talk about it. But when it comes to them not doing well, we hear things like "let it play out", "nothing we can do about it".

Isn't part of the fun of college football the fact that we can debate things "during" the season? Criticize and praise, during the season. How much praise would you give Boise State if they were 5-2 and lost to VaTech and Oregon State? I know it isn't the same, but Michigan hasn't beaten a team that I would deem above average. They are 5-2, and have lost two of the three games that mattered. I would rather they lost to ND and UConn, than MSU and Iowa. At least they would still have a shot at the B10!

My problem has ALWAYS been that I've expected too much out of Michigan. I really felt like Carr failed to win many "winnable" games his last 5 years of coaching. I was happy to see RR come along. I wasn't that critical the past 2 seasons, because he was building his team. This year, I'm not sure he deserves a "no criticism" season. The team hasn't shown why they should even be considered a top half B10 team. I think I'm getting ready to move on.

Who knows maybe they will surprise me and beat Wisconsin and/or OSU!! We can always hope! :smoker:

For those thinking Jim Harbaugh to UM, he was mentioned over the weekend as a darkhorse candidate for a few "soon to be vacant" NFL coaching jobs.

Wonder if Brady Hoke would take the job?

I think Harbaugh would take the Michigan job in a heartbeat....even over an NFL job.

NFL jobs come and go, but the Michigan job usually is not available...at least it has only been available a few time over that past 20 years.

I don't know if Harbaugh is the best candidate, so I wouldn't worry about if he takes the job or not. Plenty of people, even high profile coaches, that would love to have a shot at Michigan IMO. Especially with players like Denard Robinson on your sideline!

By the way Shelton

Michigan team defense ranks 105th out of 120 teams.

Michigan ranks 118th against the pass!

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2010&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Not sure why anyone thinks that is acceptable for a 3rd year coach at Michigan! That alone should have him fired IMO! ugh!

Is it just me, or is this living up to the stereotype of Michigan fans? I LOVE watching Michigan football and have grown up watching it, but it seems that when Michigan is doing well, fans want to talk about it. But when it comes to them not doing well, we hear things like "let it play out", "nothing we can do about it".

For me that is the approach with the topic of "is it time to fire RR". I have had this debate on RR over the last year and a half way too many times and am tired of it. So on this particular topic, for me anyways, it is the appropriate response

Label me however you want.

Especially with players like Denard Robinson on your sideline!

So you have Denard staying if RR leaves? Does that mean we are bringing in another spread coach? Are you sure Denard is staying?

Isn't part of the fun of college football the fact that we can debate things "during" the season? Criticize and praise, during the season. How much praise would you give Boise State if they were 5-2 and lost to VaTech and Oregon State? I know it isn't the same, but Michigan hasn't beaten a team that I would deem above average. They are 5-2, and have lost two of the three games that mattered. I would rather they lost to ND and UConn, than MSU and Iowa. At least they would still have a shot at the B10!

My problem has ALWAYS been that I've expected too much out of Michigan. I really felt like Carr failed to win many "winnable" games his last 5 years of coaching. I was happy to see RR come along. I wasn't that critical the past 2 seasons, because he was building his team. This year, I'm not sure he deserves a "no criticism" season. The team hasn't shown why they should even be considered a top half B10 team. I think I'm getting ready to move on.

Who knows maybe they will surprise me and beat Wisconsin and/or OSU!! We can always hope! :smoker:

Who said not to criticize RR? criticize away plenty to criticize him for.

So you have Denard staying if RR leaves? Does that mean we are bringing in another spread coach? Are you sure Denard is staying?

Why would Denard leave, and why would a coach not use his talent? He only needs one more year to go the NFL...it's not like he is a freshman. A new coach isn't going to bury the most explosive QB in the NCAA. He will work a system for one year, and then get his guy in there. I don't like the fact that Gardner and Tate would probably leave though.

By the way Shelton

Michigan team defense ranks 105th out of 120 teams.

Michigan ranks 118th against the pass!

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2010&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Not sure why anyone thinks that is acceptable for a 3rd year coach at Michigan! That alone should have him fired IMO! ugh!

It doesn't surprise me one bit that those are the rankings you would review.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that those are the rankings you would review.

Give me some rankings that you find valuable.

Who said not to criticize RR? criticize away plenty to criticize him for.

These two:

Wow, we just lost to two very good ranked teams .... damn, FIRE THE GUY!!

They lost to two very good teams. Big deal.

Sounds like they think being critical is not fair this year!

You think denard leaves early for the NFL? I will gladly trade what I'm smoking for your stash. You got the good ****.

Look, a smart coach may step in and see what he has on the offense and not immediately change it from the spread to something else. If it looks like the offense works, don't screw with it too much.

Rich Rod needs to go 4-4 in the Big Eleven to keep his job. The have to beat at least ONE team of some substance. 3 years is enough to show some progress, but you can't only look at the offense, he is the head coach and is ultimately responsible for the defense and special teams too - and there has been regression, not progress in both.

They won't make any decision until the season ends, but if he doesn't beat Penn State - he's in big, big trouble.

You think denard leaves early for the NFL? I will gladly trade what I'm smoking for your stash. You got the good ****.

I think he does if they bring in a new coach....you might want to read it in context!! :embar:

Bottom line is he isn't leaving Michigan....even with a new coach.

I never said don't criticize. I said don't fire based on ridiculously arbitrary things like record against msu and big ten wins in 2008-09.

I never said don't criticize. I said don't fire based on ridiculously arbitrary things like record against msu and big ten wins in 2008-09.

So you don't consider Rich Rod's record when determining if he is fired? Really? I've got a feeling that the people that actually do the firing will use his record against him if they do fire him. I think their record against rivals like MSU is also a HUGE determining factor.

Are you joking here? Cause my sarcasm meter doesn't always work right! :nervous:

Edited by belcherboy