mrlmichael

2010-2011 Michigan Hockey Thread

Do they still have mini me at goaltender? That guy was awesome. I think he's like a 5'4'' walk-on.

I refuse to comment on his potential availability at slot WR across town....

Thought I would Post this for anybody who cares.(which might just be me, who knows)

So far this season:

October 2nd, 2010 vs Mercyhurst - Tie 4-4(0-0-1)

October 3rd, 2010 vs Western Ontario(ex) - Win 4-2(0-0-1)

October 8th, 2010 @ Bowling Green - Win 4-1(1-0-1)

October 9th, 2010 @ Bowling Green - Win 4-2(2-0-1)

Next up:

Michigan vs U.S. Under-18(ex) Tonight at 7:35 In Ann Arbor.

Record so far: 2-0-1 Overall, 2-0-0 CCHA

Do they still have mini me at goaltender? That guy was awesome. I think he's like a 5'4'' walk-on.

I refuse to comment on his potential availability at slot WR across town....

I believe you are talking about Shawn Hunwick. He is 5'6 166 pounds and a senior this year.

I believe you are talking about Shawn Hunwick. He is 5'6 166 pounds and a senior this year.

Thats the guy! Saw him play in the GLI last year after the starter played the role of sieve. Very amusing, in an otherwise lopsided contest.

Speaking of which, Colorado College returns to the GLI this year. I should get tix, watch my boys defend their title...

Will also be in AA the day of the outdoor hockey game, but don't have tix. That one should be fun.

Thats the guy! Saw him play in the GLI last year after the starter played the role of sieve. Very amusing, in an otherwise lopsided contest.

Speaking of which, Colorado College returns to the GLI this year. I should get tix, watch my boys defend their title...

Will also be in AA the day of the outdoor hockey game, but don't have tix. That one should be fun.

GLI is always a fun event. I am glad they put that on every year. Can't wait for the Big Chill at the Big House. If you are going to be in the area you should try to land tix outside close to the puck drop.

Michigan wins in a 3-0 shutout against U.S. Under-18 in an exhibition game.

Hogan Backstops Wolverines to Exhibition Shutout of U.S. NTDP - University of Michigan Official Athletic Site

Site: Ann Arbor, Mich. (Yost Ice Arena)

Score: #3 Michigan 3, U.S. NTDP 0 (ex.)

Attendance: 6,008

Next U-M Event: Saturday, Oct. 16 -- at New Hampshire (Durham, N.C.), 7:05 p.m.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan ice hockey team (No. 3 USA Today/No. 3 USCHO) defeated the U.S. National Team Development Program Under-18 team, 3-0, in exhibition action on Tuesday (Oct. 12) at Yost Ice Arena. Senior goaltender Bryan Hogan (Highland, Mich.) turned away 33 shots, including 14 in the third period for the shutout.

Over shadowed by the football team over the weekend. The hockey team also played. They tied No. 9 New Hampshire 3-3.

Hunwick, Power Play Shine in Tie at No. 9 New Hampshire - University of Michigan Official Athletic Site

The Wolverines are 2-0-2 Overall and 2-0-0 in CCHA play. Next up Michigan plays Nebraska-Omaha at Yost Ice Arena in Ann Arbor Friday night at 7:35.

Started this thread but nobody really seemed to follow the hockey team. Thought I would bump for today since the Big Chill is going to happen today. GO BLUE!

What happened to MSU hockey SV? They have been awful this year

What happened to MSU hockey SV? They have been awful this year

Yeah, we're awful. I don't know exactly why we suck so much, but the "Fire Comley" crowd is strong these days. The national title in 2007 was awesome, but this crappy play is starting to wear on all of us.

Yeah, we're awful. I don't know exactly why we suck so much, but the "Fire Comley" crowd is strong these days. The national title in 2007 was awesome, but this crappy play is starting to wear on all of us.

My sister is a freshman at MSU and hockey is the only sport she really likes, she was so excited to go to all the games, I kind of feel bad for her that they pretty much suck now that she is there. At least she saw a good football season, she was at all the games, but she really doesnt know anything, at thanksgiving when she was home I asked who the QB was and she said Le'Veon Bell...lol. At least she knows who Greg Jones is, she saw him at a party. :cheeky:

State just missed a goal there. Good call, puck was still on the line when the net got dislodged, so the no goal call was correct. Good officiating on the ice to see it live and review confirmed it. Couldnt have gotten much closer

its funny that they get 110,000 for this game and i've been able to get corner glass seats for the CCHA championship the night before the finals

Edited by Todd

Great time at the Big House. Had seats in the 24th row in the corner and the sightlines weren't bad. A day at Michigan Stadium is always fun. Go Blue!

I was there in section 40, row 32, seat 7. It was an awesome experience and the most lively crowd I've ever been a part of at Michigan Stadium.