From Spartan Stadium, in East Lansing, Michigan

4481878993_757b00cb2a_b.jpg

Homecoming 2010

logo-university-of-illinois.gif200px-MSUSpartans_Logo.svg.png

(3-2)(1-1) @ (6-0)(2-0)

Illinois Fighting Illini

AT

4913361860_d3dbc3e09f.jpg

150px-CapitalOneBowlLogo.png150px-Outbackbowl2008logo.png150px-GatorBowl.png150px-TempeInsightBowllogo.jpgTexasBowlLogo.png150px-DallasFootballClassic.PNG

Date: Saturday, October 16th, 2010

Time: 12:00pm EST

Television Broadcast Provided by:

BTN

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

www.spartansportsnetwork.com

aPvo5KCMp0Q

“Winner takes all”

After a recent break in the series, we again won't face the Illini for a while, as they cross over to OSU's division, and are not on the schedule in 2011/2012.

I believe MSU opened as a 9.5 point favorite. Don't feel great about this one...hopefully we can get the W.

The good news..Illini has some great film from the last 2 weeks..nobody will take them lightly..

The better news..this will be my game in the suite for 2010..

At least Illinois is struggling to throw the ball. The loss of Rucker shouldn't be too bad. Illinois has been better so far this year than many expected but I still don't see them beating MSU.

At least Illinois is struggling to throw the ball. The loss of Rucker shouldn't be too bad. Illinois has been better so far this year than many expected but I still don't see them beating MSU.

I'm not entirely sure. Yes it's correct that UI doesn't throw the ball effectively. or at least hasn't much this year - but Rucker is a great perimeter tackler against the run, and on sweeps and screens he's been an asset in his MSU Career.

I'm not entirely sure. Yes it's correct that UI doesn't throw the ball effectively. or at least hasn't much this year - but Rucker is a great perimeter tackler against the run, and on sweeps and screens he's been an asset in his MSU Career.

Correct..Lewis will play a lot also as will White..

There's still a White enrolled at a Big Ten School in MI??? Who knew!

On a serious note, I definitely like MSU to win this game. As was the case with Michigan, the things UI does well, are the things we best defend. Illinois should provide a fairly stiff defensive test - particularly against the run, but MSU's balanced attack should be able to exploit enough chinks in the armor. Game's at Spartan Stadium, it's homecoming. If you want to compete for a B10 Title, these games just have to be won.

Illinois is garbage, don't be fooled by them beating a terrible Penn State team. I'll take MSU by 20

I don't think Illinois is that good but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are garbage. They did lay a beat down on Penn State and hang around against Ohio State. I see something like MSU by 10-14.

There's still a White enrolled at a Big Ten School in MI??? Who knew!

On a serious note, I definitely like MSU to win this game. As was the case with Michigan, the things UI does well, are the things we best defend. Illinois should provide a fairly stiff defensive test - particularly against the run, but MSU's balanced attack should be able to exploit enough chinks in the armor. Game's at Spartan Stadium, it's homecoming. If you want to compete for a B10 Title, these games just have to be won.

Every week is ILL season..they should be sky high..they are already coming off a huge road win..I dont care how down PSU is..winning in Happy Valley is a big big deal.

Every week is ILL season..they should be sky high..they are already coming off a huge road win..I dont care how down PSU is..winning in Happy Valley is a big big deal.

Very true. Not an easy place to win.

In the recent past I would say this is a classic trap game for Sparty. However that was when John L. and Bobby W. were patrolling the sidelines. Coach D is one focused man and I have a hard time believing he’ll overlook an opponent or allow a game to become a trap game. Also I can’t believe a locker room with Greg Jones in it would allow a teammate to half *** it. Good leadership will prevail.

Winning road games in the big ten is difficult, let alone back to back. If Illinois were to win this game then kudos to them for winning in Happy Valley and E.L. in consecutive weekends.

A win is a win at this point. Either it be by 1 or 17. :grin:

I'm excited for this to be my first college football game seen in person. Just too sweet that State is undefeated!

Have fun man. College football games are a blast.

That is an awesome picture of the stadium. Great find, SV.

I'm also 90% I'll be at this game. Haven't been to a game yet - really excited to be up in EL. Pretty concerned about this game as well, but have faith in MD and staff.

CLR OWI blew a 0.1. You seriously cannot have a beer in EL and expect to drive for the next three days, come on guys. Its a college town.

At least he's of age, unlike the Brew Town representative in MSU athletics. But he was on double secret probation....

CLR OWI blew a 0.1. You seriously cannot have a beer in EL and expect to drive for the next three days, come on guys. Its a college town.

At least he's of age, unlike the Brew Town representative in MSU athletics. But he was on double secret probation....

That is over the legal limit. A couple of years ago it would of been right at the limit.

I am aware. It is unlikely he would have been cited for driving under the legal limit.

It just felt like you were trying to defend it. I used to be a cop and have seen a lot of bad things happen to people when some idiot gets behind the wheel after drinking. I have no sympathy for anyone who does.

Edit: I would also like to point out that there are laws that an officer can cite you even if you are under the legal limit if he feels you are impaired enough.

Not trying to defend it, just calling him an idiot.

Thats ok, its just the way it came off in your post. Sorry for the confusion.

I know...I had that picture on there the first game of the season, but MTS limits the number of pictures you can have in a post, and so it doesn't fit (easily...I'd have to crop some of the other pictures together, which just got to be too much work).

But you can bet I'm sure as heck not changing it now!!

(not that I believe in superstitions at all...)

Scored 45 yard line tix for OSU/Wisconsin, for the whopping cost of free. Been to Camp Randall twice before, but this should be awesome nonetheless. But who do I root for?! The Badgers, and hope MSU wins out (while improving our SOS), or OSU, and assume we get a loss and finish 2nd in the conference (getting a 2nd BCS bid)?!

Oh the dilemma...Being in Madison, probably gotta root for the home team...