mrlmichael

MSU expectations for the rest of the year?

How will MSU finish the Season?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How will MSU finish the Season?

• 6-6
    • 7-5
    • 8-4
    • 9-3
    • 10-2
    • 11-1
    • 12-0

I say 11-1 although I wouldn't be shocked with 12-0. This team is a "Big Ten" team in the truest sense of the word. I love the way the run the ball and the defense will make enough plays to possibly win themselves the conference title. The only game I think they could lose would be at Iowa. That will be a fun game. That also might mean the Spartans will have to root for Michigan on November 27th :classic:

Lol ok sportz. You do that. Unlike you I can talk about an opposing football team with respect and be objective about it.

Lol ok sportz. You do that. Unlike you I can talk about an opposing football team with respect and be objective about it.

yeah...we saw that last week..and the demand for the poll is overwhelming based upon last weeks poll..

yeah...we saw that last week..and the demand for the poll is overwhelming based upon last weeks poll..

Oh, you mean when I predicted Michigan State to beat the team I am so dedicated to and can only offer bias analysis?

Oh, you mean when I predicted Michigan State to beat the team I am so dedicated to and can only offer bias analysis?

Wait a minute!!! Do I sense another Benke/Hong discussion about the dispositive nature of 'prediction' versus 'gameday' threads?

Wait a minute!!! Do I sense another Benke/Hong discussion about the dispositive nature of 'prediction' versus 'gameday' threads?

No not here. I said before the season I thought Michigan would beat MSU. However, after watching the first 5 weeks of the season I said I was going to be wrong about that and that MSU would win.

No not here. I said before the season I thought Michigan would beat MSU. However, after watching the first 5 weeks of the season I said I was going to be wrong about that and that MSU would win.

Alright. But I want it on the record that your official season record is...:wink:

Alright. But I want it on the record that your official season record is...:wink:

For MSU. Pre season: 4-2

In season: 5-1

For Michigan. Pre season: 5-1

In Season: 6-0

I hope this satisfies all my critics lol.

want a sausage with that waffle...lets review..you pick UM before the season..they go 5-0..are at home..and you waffle..what a fan.

want a sausage with that waffle...lets review..you pick UM before the season..they go 5-0..are at home..and you waffle..what a fan.

Just because I am a fan of my team doesn't mean I can't be objective about them lol. For the record, I didn't think the Tigers would win the division this year either. I know I know. I am horrible.

Just because I am a fan of my team doesn't mean I can't be objective about them lol. For the record, I didn't think the Tigers would win the division this year either. I know I know. I am horrible.

yeah..nice committment...speaks for itself...call it whatever you want.

I choose 11-1...primarily because I think they could lose one of the games against Iowa or Penn State...both are away.

I would love to see them be Big Ten champs though.

obviously your not an analyst...that only leaves fan..

Well, I believe I am a better one than you. I mean, saying turnovers will effect the outcome of a game is pretty hard to figure out.

sportz is one of those guys you hear on the sports talk radio shows, calling in to say Shaun Hill should be starting from here on out for the Lions. You know, the "know-it all guy. :classic:

Edited by SweetLou

Just what we need an MSU poll started by the biggest UM fan..

I'll sit this poll out.

No point in being a jerk about it, that just adds 3 pages of bickering... What's the point?

Benke, where do you see the 2nd loss? I agree with 10-2, but don't know who they lose to besides Iowa. Hopefully not Illinois...

I also said 10-2. I see MSU losing when they travel to Iowa. Aside from that I am just thinking a game jumps up and bites them. Maybe Penn State or Illinois. I am not sure. 11-1 or even 12-0 is not out of reach though. I think the skill of this team, and the way the schedule works out will equal out to the best MSU team I have seen in my lifetime. Hope your excited SV.

I think 12-0 which I have said before. That's only if I an predicting game by game results. Probabilities likely suggest 10-2 at worst, with minny, nw, and purdue probably netting 2.5 wins. Iowa is half a win. Illinois and psu combined should get you around 1.5 wins. So I think four more wins is the floor. Iowa could go either way and there is always a fount loss here and there.

I would set the over under at 10.5. I would probably take the over.

This is easily a team that could go 12-0, I'm really impressed by Bell and the defensive line looked very stout against Denard. But I think Iowa is slightly better team overall and playing at home should make the difference in that game.

Benke, where do you see the 2nd loss? I agree with 10-2, but don't know who they lose to besides Iowa. Hopefully not Illinois...

Not sure. I said, if they play every game here on out like it's Michigan ... you're 12-0.

You have to admit, you don't always do that ... which will be a huge test for the Spartans.

EDIT: I am not picking 10-2 as a slight against the Spartans, just what I think. 12-0 is very possible!