Shinma

10/10/10. Rams @ Lions. Fox, 1:05pm. Week 5.

damn..I thought you were a stalker there for a minute..now I understand you're not a stalker..you're just not very good at processing sentences..

Old bit..not worth angering mods..

You're right Cecil..you're always right..original, insightful, well researched..can I friend you..I learn so much every time you correct me..

Not only do you look like Rush Limbaugh, you're a blow hard like him to. Since you have nothing to add as evident by your posts, maybe you should stop posting and start reading and come back when you really have something good to say. You're on the right track by saying I'm right. You're learning which can be hard for someone at your age. Your sentence about stalkers makes no sense but when you are in over your head, what else do you got? Old bit? You're finally acknowledging that your blow hard routine is getting old? I have faith in you. You've cleared the first hurdle by acknowledging you're not very smart.

Not only do you look like Rush Limbaugh, you're a blow hard like him to. Since you have nothing to add as evident by your posts, maybe you should stop posting and start reading and come back when you really have something good to say. You're on the right track by saying I'm right. You're learning which can be hard for someone at your age. Your sentence about stalkers makes no sense but when you are in over your head, what else do you got? Old bit? You're finally acknowledging that your blow hard routine is getting old? I have faith in you. You've cleared the first hurdle by acknowledging you're not very smart.

Yep...you're the man..your body of work speaks for itself..you win..I can't compete..too smart for me.

Yep...you're the man..your body of work speaks for itself..you win..I can't compete..too smart for me.

24zhq1f.jpg

Some thoughts...

The good...

I can't remember a game where the coaching staff actually appeared to bring things to the table. They were creative in moving Suh and the rest of line around. They also appear to do a nice job compensating for our relatively weak run-blocking by calling a lot of screens and end-runs.

The defensive tackles were phenomenal. Suh looked great again...That interception was exceptionally impressive. But Hill also made some sharp plays. Finally, Corey Williams has looked like an all-pro all year. His tackles for loss during the Rams first two plays of the second half were about as dominating as I've seen from a defensive tackle.

The Rams had no threats at wide receiver, but I still think our two starting corner backs are serviceable. Smith took two penalties, but even those appeared to be of the "over-aggressive young corner" variety and not the "I got beat and need to grab a guy" variety. We were asking too much of Wade to start him at corner, and I think Smith is a substantial upgrade. Especially on the deep ball.

Pettigrew looked good again. I only saw one drop this week, and he ended up being held on the play. In conjunction with Scheffler and Burleson, it seems like the Lions have a number of targets they can hit underneath. I think this will eventually help Stafford.

The bad...

Nitpicking...Great game.

- He's still young, but it isn't encouraging that C.C. Brown had to replace Spievey in the second corner. That safety spot has been particularly weak for awhile now.

- The line-backing core actually looked decent in this game, despite the injuries. Still, there were a couple missed tackles, and they benefited from the pressure being brought by the line.

- We can't run between the tackles. Neither Peterman or Raiola get much by way of a push up front. It seemed like all of our yards were around the end.

"When I was in eighth grade," Smith said, "I told my friends that if I ever scored in the NFL I was going to do the Carlton Banks dance. I was thinking about doing the Deion (Sanders) but I'm not tall enough to do Deion. Me and Carlton Banks — his name (the actor) is Alfonso, my name is Alphonso — I thought I'd give him a shout-out."

Pettigrew looked good again. I only saw one drop this week, and he ended up being held on the play. In conjunction with Scheffler and Burleson, it seems like the Lions have a number of targets they can hit underneath. I think this will eventually help Stafford.

When Stafford comes back and if everyone(Stafford, Burleson, etc) can stay healthy, the offense will click. I can see CJ dominating like he should.

Cecil & Sportz,

If you two have problems with each other, please don't use the message board to fuel those fires. If you want to talk about the game, fine, but cut the attacks.

"When I was in eighth grade," Smith said, "I told my friends that if I ever scored in the NFL I was going to do the Carlton Banks dance. I was thinking about doing the Deion (Sanders) but I'm not tall enough to do Deion. Me and Carlton Banks — his name (the actor) is Alfonso, my name is Alphonso — I thought I'd give him a shout-out."

ICA539aGHBo

He's right though. You clearly overlooked him saying he had a problem with making quick, correct reads.

He's right though. You clearly overlooked him saying he had a problem with making quick, correct reads.

That's him back pedaling. He stated Hill made slow decisions, then he back pedals to quick correct decisions. He didn't provide anything to back up his claim, yet he'll call out anyone who makes a claim that's different then his and insult their intelligence.

I see how it is. I was just giving back to him what he has given to me and others on this forum. He is rude, disrespectful, insulting, condescending, pompous, and belittling to me and many other members, especially newer ones. He continues to be able to be disrespectful and insulting to anyone he wants. I haven't been here that long and I have little desire to post in the Tigers or Pistons forum because one poster is allowed to insult and belittle as many posters as he wants.

Leave him alone, he's on a roll..next, he will tell us the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

I see how it is. I was just giving back to him what he has given to me and others on this forum. He is rude, disrespectful, insulting, condescending, pompous, and belittling to me and many other members, especially newer ones. He continues to be able to be disrespectful and insulting to anyone he wants. I haven't been here that long and I have little desire to post in the Tigers or Pistons forum because one poster is allowed to insult and belittle as many posters as he wants.

Leave him alone, he's on a roll..next, he will tell us the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Need I say more?

Need I say more?

Its the beauty of the internet, people are able to say whatever they want behind the anonymity of a forum username...I doubt that the same things would be said face-to-face.

Cecil & Sportz,

If you two have problems with each other, please don't use the message board to fuel those fires. If you want to talk about the game, fine, but cut the attacks.

Perhaps you two missed this, so I'll quote it again for you.

For the first time in a long time, I think the Lions are making progress. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do when Stafford is healthy. The rest of the league is not that good, the Lions can beat a lot of teams on Sunday.

I can see the Lions d eventually being like Tennessee's d: tough, nasty and getting after the QB. I like it. One or two more good drafts and they'll be a playoff team.

Of course, that's if they don't lock everyone out....

Buddha? Is that you? You feeling alright?:cheeky:

Actually, it's nice to hear you say something positive about this team. I realize that your pessimism has been realism masquerading as pessimism for the last however many years, but it's nice to hear you change your tune a little.

I don't remember what your prediction was for our record this year, and I'm too lazy to look it up @ the moment, but what was it and how are you feeling about it?

I predicted 6-10, barring injury. Well, we've had the injuries, but I think that record is still obtainable, again, barring further injury problems. I think it would be tough to win 6 this year at this point, but not impossible.

Just curious to see how different you feel about this team now as compared to prior to the season starting.

A lot of people are concerned about going against the Giants front line, but 10 of their 19 sacks came against Chicago, and 9 of those 10 came in the first half against Cutler. Chicago has a bad offensive line and Cutler always holds on to the ball too long. Outside of that game, they have 9 sacks in 4 games. If they want to come with the blitz, Hill and the Lions would have no problem finding Best or Pettigrew and keep the chains moving.

A lot of people are concerned about going against the Giants front line, but 10 of their 19 sacks came against Chicago, and 9 of those 10 came in the first half against Cutler. Chicago has a bad offensive line and Cutler always holds on to the ball too long. Outside of that game, they have 9 sacks in 4 games. If they want to come with the blitz, Hill and the Lions would have no problem finding Best or Pettigrew and keep the chains moving.

The Lions have been very successful the last two weeks using their tight ends on screens and quick routes to slow down the pass rush. However, without Calvin Johnson, it would be a whole different ballgame. Let's just hope and pray he plays.

Its the beauty of the internet, people are able to say whatever they want behind the anonymity of a forum username...I doubt that the same things would be said face-to-face.

I've hung out with Biggs..Yoop TTF..ya never know..

Probably the best game I've seen from Peterson as a Lion. 11 tackles (his most since 2006), sack, two pass deflections.

Buddha? Is that you? You feeling alright?:cheeky:

Actually, it's nice to hear you say something positive about this team. I realize that your pessimism has been realism masquerading as pessimism for the last however many years, but it's nice to hear you change your tune a little.

I don't remember what your prediction was for our record this year, and I'm too lazy to look it up @ the moment, but what was it and how are you feeling about it?

I predicted 6-10, barring injury. Well, we've had the injuries, but I think that record is still obtainable, again, barring further injury problems. I think it would be tough to win 6 this year at this point, but not impossible.

Just curious to see how different you feel about this team now as compared to prior to the season starting.

It was never anything masquerading as anything, the team was a stinking pile of **** and I said so. I like the way they're playing now so I'll say that.

Unlike previous years, they look like a better run team now. I like that the defense plays with an attitude and the defensive line gets after people. They're not getting pushed around anymore. They're tough. I like tough.

Hell, I even like Shaun Hill. He stands back there and takes a whooping and gets up and keeps on throwing. No, I don't think he should play over Stafford (obviously), but he's been a great backup. Look around the league and tell me if Green Bay, San Fran or the Bears would love to have a Shaun Hill on their teams.

I'm looking forward to getting Stafford back and seeing where the Lions go from there. They're not going to win a ton of games this year, but they're making progress. That's all I want to see this season.