Dunkin Darvin

Off-season moves starting to take shape

Shin-Soo Choo wants out of the worst division in baseball:

"Cleveland Indians outfielder Choo Shin-soo announced his hope to move to a better team, Sunday (KST).

“As with other players, I also want to transfer to a team which wins more,” Choo said at the airport in Los Angeles before heading to Korea to join the national team for the Asian Games.

“If I could move to a better team, I could generate a better record and improve more,” Choo said.

The Korean had the Tribe’s best batting record in 2010 with a .300 batting average, 22 home runs, 90 RBIs and 22 steals."

Cleveland Choo Shin-soo hoping to move to strong team

Oliver for Choo sounds fair, since he might not be abke to play as sson as we trade for him ): Hetold JP he wants to come to detroit (=

Shin-Soo Choo wants out of the worst division in baseball:

"Cleveland Indians outfielder Choo Shin-soo announced his hope to move to a better team, Sunday (KST).

“As with other players, I also want to transfer to a team which wins more,” Choo said at the airport in Los Angeles before heading to Korea to join the national team for the Asian Games.

“If I could move to a better team, I could generate a better record and improve more,” Choo said.

The Korean had the Tribe’s best batting record in 2010 with a .300 batting average, 22 home runs, 90 RBIs and 22 steals."

Cleveland Choo Shin-soo hoping to move to strong team

Very interesting....he has expressed interest in being a Tiger.

"We were running in the outfield to loosen up before the game," Peralta said. "Choo came up to me and hugged me. He said he missed me and added, 'When I'm a free agent, I want to go to Detroit.' He's a really good guy."

Choo, who leads the majors with 13 outfield assists and tops the Tribe with 20 home runs and 86 RBIs while batting .297, won't be eligible for free agency for three more years. But he's obviously impressed with the turnaround Peralta has had with the Tigers.

"Two months and I feel like I've been a Tiger for a long time," Peralta said. "I have a lot of friends in the Indians' clubhouse. Now, it's time to be here. I like everybody here. I'm so happy to be in Detroit."

Peralta batted .246 with seven home runs and 43 RBIs in 91 games with Cleveland. He is batting .263 with eight homers and 37 RBIs in just 52 games with the Tigers.

"A couple guys asked me that," Peralta said. "They say, 'Wow, you're doing so good in Detroit.' I say it's so different. It's good to play baseball here with this team. I feel really good right now with everything that I'm doing -- defense and offense. They're happy with what I do, and I'm happy, too."

Peralta also credited Detroit hitting coach Lloyd McClendon for getting him to "trust my hands" and turn on the inside pitches that had been getting him out.

Jhonny Peralta's turnaround with Tigers has ex-Indians teammate Shin-Soo Choo talking | MLive.com

I think we add one NEW bat via free agency - along with re-signing Maggs, and one NEW bat via trade.

Hanley and Werth, please. Sigh... time to snap pack to reality

Hanley and Werth, please. Sigh... time to snap pack to reality

I don't think we'll get Hanley, sorry .. and I don't want Werth, for his price tag.

I'll be happy with Dunn and a new #3 hitter.

I said it once, I'll say it again .. I think we add a new bat via trade, and that it'll shock everyone.

I don't think we'll get Hanley, sorry .. and I don't want Werth, for his price tag.

I'll be happy with Dunn and a new #3 hitter.

I said it once, I'll say it again .. I think we add a new bat via trade, and that it'll shock everyone.

Hanley would shock everyone (=, lulz. Let's get real here, its worth it to trade the farm for Hanley, he and miggy at 3 and 4 would be rediculous! Turner,Boesch,OliverNunez,Figaro and a PTBNL for Hanley. That swallows the farm, yet, would make me smile =D

Good game tonight on TV.

Yea, I can see why we wouldn't want to go after Cliff Lee :ponder:

20 million per is one reason.

20 million per is one reason.

I understand, but ... wow, that'd be a nice BIG THREE - Verlander, Lee, and Scherzer.

I'm with Yoda, I hope he heads for the NL (if not Detroit:)

I love how you guys think it's so easy to find two middle of the order bats. Do you think that no other teams are going to be interested in Dunn, Werth, or Crawford? I can maybe buy the notion that they'll sign one of them given all the money they have coming off the books. But do you think they're going to do that plus trade one or more of the few good prospects they have for a legitimate #3 hitter? Who are your targets? Hanley? Not going anywhere. Who else? Zimmermann? No. Who else is available in a trade that can be gotten for Turner? Keep in mind that Turner isn't a top 20 prospect in the game, too. I think you guys are delusional, which is fine. But I also think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment with your ridiculous expectations and wishes.

Isn't Philadelphia going to be interested in keeping Werth? I can see free reign on Crawford and Dunn but wouldn't Philadelphia want to keep Werth? They aren't exactly Washington and Tampa.

I love how you guys think it's so easy to find two middle of the order bats.

Never said that it'd be easy, and I don't think signing one free agent, and trading for another is so far fetched. I'm not saying we're going to trade for Ryan Braun or anyone, just that we'll add two new bats. And I think DD can do that.

Heck, I'll be shocked if he doesn't :classic:

Who else is available in a trade that can be gotten for Turner?

...and who said - just Turner, huh? Relax.

No one knows anything either way, but this is place to have some fun and speculate. Why so serious?

Edited by JonBenke

I think a trade will be made -- by Dave Dombrowski, and that it'll crash the server for about a day.

Who that player will be ..... I don't know, but I think it'll happen.

I love how you guys think it's so easy to find two middle of the order bats. Do you think that no other teams are going to be interested in Dunn, Werth, or Crawford? I can maybe buy the notion that they'll sign one of them given all the money they have coming off the books. But do you think they're going to do that plus trade one or more of the few good prospects they have for a legitimate #3 hitter? Who are your targets? Hanley? Not going anywhere. Who else? Zimmermann? No. Who else is available in a trade that can be gotten for Turner? Keep in mind that Turner isn't a top 20 prospect in the game, too. I think you guys are delusional, which is fine. But I also think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment with your ridiculous expectations and wishes.

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I'm saying it that I think it is worth it to the Tigs to make an offer serious enough to at least one guy (and I would say Werth), that he will have to take it seriously.

Who are your targets? Not Ryan Braun. Okay. Who, then?

He'll just be happy with Dunn plus a #3 hitter. What's the big deal? :lick:

I think it'd be wise to hope for one of these. Though that #3 hitter will likely be Magglio, so maybe it's not so far-fetched. I agree with Eric's point though that they probably aren't going to trade for some #3 hitter. They don't have the chips that other teams do IF one was even available.

I think a trade will be made -- by Dave Dombrowski, and that it'll crash the server for about a day.

Who that player will be ..... I don't know, but I think it'll happen.

This happens with most trades though. You may be right, but it won't be some huge blockbuster. It just seems like your positioning yourself to say "see, I told you guys".

Looking at what the Tigers have and their lack of depth, they just don't have the chips to make some huge trade this year. They may make a medium trade, for a reliever or maybe a serviceable 2nd baseman, but I don't see some #3 type hitter coming that way.

WTF, I am not positioning myself at all. I don't give a **** about -- "see, I told you guys".

I just don't see the point on speculating on who may or may not be available, sorry. No one knows.

EDIT: and I'm not a 100% sure that Porcello won't be traded this winter.

Edited by JonBenke