redshark63

Cabrera done for the year

OFFICIAL_TIGERS Detroit Tigers

Miguel Cabrera underwent MRI and he was diagnosed with high ankle sprain. He will miss Detroit's final six games of the season. #mlb

the good news: there is now a better chance that the Mets, Angels, Marlins, As or Dodgers will catch the Tigers for 15th place overall, which would protect Detroit's first round pick in 2011, no matter how many Type A free agents they sign.

the good news: there is now a better chance that the Mets, Angels, Marlins, As or Dodgers will catch the Tigers for 15th place overall, which would protect Detroit's first round pick in 2011, no matter how many Type A free agents they sign.

Better chance, but still not likely. Up 3 wins on all of them with 4-5 games to go for each. It's more likely we catch Toronto as we are only 1 win behind them.

yes, they play two today. I love doubleheaders.

Thanks, Ernie (Banks, that is).

And a "true" doubleheader (none of that 2 admission, day-night stuff!) to boot.

IT's easy to do in Cleveland this time of year. I bet the combined attendance is 2500.

"Nah, just let them stay. Anyone else want in? Bueller?

I think this will pretty much knock him out of MVP consideration. Bautista and ARod will probably pass him in RBI now, and I think Hamilton will get the MVP because his team made the post season and he's the feelgood story MLB wants.

If Miggy would of lead the league in RBIs and broke Ted Williams intentional walks record, he probably would of gotten it...

I think this will pretty much knock him out of MVP consideration. Bautista and ARod will probably pass him in RBI now, and I think Hamilton will get the MVP because his team made the post season and he's the feelgood story MLB wants.

If Miggy would of lead the league in RBIs and broke Ted Williams intentional walks record, he probably would of gotten it...

If sportswriters thought the way described, and they very well might, it would only serve as yet another example of poor and inconsistent reasoning by the BBWAA in selecting MVPs.

If sportswriters thought the way described, and they very well might, it would only serve as yet another example of poor and inconsistent reasoning by the BBWAA in selecting MVPs.

Then again, those pesky voters may have already submitted there ballot prior to the end of the season.

That's never happened before, has it....:tired:

Alex Rodriquez in 2007 is the only RBI leader to win the AL MVP award going back 11 seasons....

wow this sucks, I thought he would be back in a few days. I don't think missing 6 games will effect his chances on getting the MVP. Especially since Hamilton missed a whole month. I think Hamilton might get it but if he does it's not because Cabrera missed 6 games. What really sucks about this is Cabrera will likely lose the lead in all the offensive categories he now leads. He has a outside chance of holding the RBI lead, he is 5 up on A Rod, who only has 4 games left. Hopefully they will rest him. Toronto has 5 games left, Bautista is 7 behind though. He should hold the on base percentage lead in with .420, Hamilton is at .414. Also he trails Hamilton in OPS by .007, If Hamilton struggles coming back, maybe, yeah I know unlikely.

this is not helping my fantasy team's run for the title. nor is having hamilton and nolasco out as well...

I'm looking forward to being done with the 2010 baseball season.

I know where you're coming from, but come December when the Lions are 1-10 I'll be pining for Tiger baseball again.

We have the playoffs in October. Then for me personally I have my son and wife's birthday in November, plus it's a busy time for Cub Scouts, then Thanksgiving.... December's my other son's birthday and we have Christmas, the holiday break, New Years's.... January is when I start to get withdrawls. We have Tigerfest to look forward to, knowing spring training's around the corner..... but it's really the January-mid March that's hard.