Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Mac

Michigan State TE and SF charged in Detroit Public School Scandal

Why wasn't Stonum suspended?

He was suspended one game for the initial incident. The jail time was a result of a probation violation. I'm not sure that warrants a second suspension. But that's just my opinion.

He was suspended one game for the initial incident. The jail time was a result of a probation violation. I'm not sure that warrants a second suspension. But that's just my opinion.

Fair enough. I honestly disagree with you and think he deserved a game or so. Clearly not as big as a DUI, but he did blatantly not follow the orders of a judge.

Thinking out loud here, when Stonum was at Michigan he got a DUI and got suspended. A clear major violation of team rules. RichRod gives him a second chance and he decides to violate his probation on multiple fronts and serve multiple days in jail. According to Dantonio critics, in that situation Stonum should have been kicked off the team (I view probation violation as a clear second chance failure). Instead he faced ZERO penalty.

My whole point is basically that both teams stretch things out to help themselves as much as possible. If Stonum wasn't so important, would he have been suspended? Likely...just as Winston would have faced more penalty.

It's just kinda ridiculous for MSU and UM fans to somehow claim one program is dirtier. Both have plenty of crap within.

Fair enough. I honestly disagree with you and think he deserved a game or so. Clearly not as big as a DUI, but he did blatantly not follow the orders of a judge.

Thinking out loud here, when Stonum was at Michigan he got a DUI and got suspended. A clear major violation of team rules. RichRod gives him a second chance and he decides to violate his probation on multiple fronts and serve multiple days in jail. According to Dantonio critics, in that situation Stonum should have been kicked off the team (I view probation violation as a clear second chance failure). Instead he faced ZERO penalty.

My whole point is basically that both teams stretch things out to help themselves as much as possible. If Stonum wasn't so important, would he have been suspended? Likely...just as Winston would have faced more penalty.

It's just kinda ridiculous for MSU and UM fans to somehow claim one program is dirtier. Both have plenty of crap within.

Different situations, I mean come on.

First Offense

Player 1 - Got probation, served no jail time, suspended one game

Player 2 - Served 180 days jail time, back with the team the day he was released

Second Offense

Player 1 - Violated Probation by leaving state and failing to send in a random drug and alcohol test, spent 3 days in jail.

Player 2 - Committed another completely different crime, resulting in another 180 or so days in jail.

I honestly dont think you can compare the two at all.

Different situations, I mean come on.

First Offense

Player 1 - Got probation, served no jail time, suspended one game

Player 2 - Served 180 days jail time, back with the team the day he was released

Second Offense

Player 1 - Violated Probation by leaving state and failing to send in a random drug and alcohol test, spent 3 days in jail.

Player 2 - Committed another completely different crime, resulting in another 180 or so days in jail.

I honestly dont think you can compare the two at all.

Well, I find a DUI to be a very serious mishap.

Stonum served JAIL TIME for blatantly violating the orders of a judge. How is that not a clear violation of a "second chance"?

Im perfectly fine with admitting every school has idiots, but come on, you gotta admit MSU has been pretty bad last couple years. Winston served over 100 days in jail on two separate occasions. What Dion Sims is charged with here is as bad as anything I have seen.

By the way, Im not blaming it on Dantonio, its not their fault these guys act like idiots unless they recruited guys with problemed history or let a guy back who committed a previous act while on campus. As far as I know, Dion did neither of these. Just bad luck from Dantonio standpoint, but he better make the right call in this situation.

I find it hilarious (not just this situation, but using it as an example) how people on message boards can argue the facts of a case in which they know absolutely nothing about. I just checked over at RCMB for fun and they are all talking like his dad gave him the laptops just to hold on to and that he is completely innocent or that his dad forced him to do it, etc. It is really funny how one person throws out a what if and then people start using it as facts. And again, this happens almost anytime someone famous gets charged, i'm just using this case as an example.

Edited by Johnny Mac

Another example of OLSM providing their young men with the moral guidance, discipline, and education to become Christ-like models of service and leadership for the world.

:cheeky:

wait, a college kid getting a DUI is the moral equivalent of beating the **** out of someone...TWICE? come on sparty. there's enough knuckleheads to go around on both teams without being stupid about it.

Just wait and someone from Michigan's football team will do something wrong. If they don't cover it up.

You are missing the point.

When Dantonio let Winston back on the team, everyone around here claimed it was because he's such a great guy and wanted to save Winston and had nothing to do with his skills.

This, of course, was complete crap. Winston was allowed back on the team because he was the best RB MSU had. And only when he beat more people up did Dantonio have no choice but to kick him off for good.

wait, a college kid getting a DUI is the moral equivalent of beating the **** out of someone...TWICE? come on sparty. there's enough knuckleheads to go around on both teams without being stupid about it.

Just wait and someone from Michigan's football team will do something wrong. If they don't cover it up.

Ummmm...that's my point.

Edited by monkeynuts

a) You didn't pay attention to what I said.

b) The bolded part - that's my point!

I think Buddha's point, and I addressed it as well, is we don't disagree with the point you made, but the comparison you made to prove it was kind of ridiculous.

a) You didn't pay attention to what I said.

b) The bolded part - that's my point!

As long as you're not trying to say that there is any equivalence between what Winston did and what Stonum did. Knuckleheads in both programs sure, but there are knuckleheads and then there are violent POS's who don't need to be anywhere near a college campus, much less having the privilege of representing them at a football game.

Like most of the MSU posters here, I think that the fact that Winston was allowed back onto the team the minute he stepped out of prison for a violent beating of another student is a black mark on MSU's football program. The fact that he did it again a short time thereafter only supports this.

United Emirates? That's a hell of a tracking device in those laptops.

I believe these are usually little bits of hardware built into the machines that sort of "phone home" when they are connected to the internet.

Man, it's bad enough they beat up a bunch of nerds, now they're stealing computers? Why the war on people who want to learn MSU? Where does it end?

Man, it's bad enough they beat up a bunch of nerds, now they're stealing computers? Why the war on people who want to learn MSU? Where does it end?

In a Wal Mart in Wellston

Id also like to point out that he didn't steal any laptops. He is charged with receiving stolen property, he was involved with moving the laptops after they were stolen. Still a crime and still idiotic, but he didn't actually steal anything.

In a Wal Mart in Wellston

You sure it doesn't end with the pizza delivery guy in West Bloomfield?

You sure it doesn't end with the pizza delivery guy in West Bloomfield?

Sims already hung out here..we can afford our own computers and contraband..it's Oakland County we're rich.

Edited by sportz4life

Fortunately Wellston is a tiny town (I actually don't live directly in it either)

I'd have to drive 30 miles to get to the nearest wal-mart

Well...if anyone would know how to get to the nearest Wal Mart, it would be an MSU grad...

MSU grads have to check up on their stock holdings..

It's funny that you think "stock holdings" means how many toasters are in the back and how many are on the shelves. Clean up in aisle three!:happy: