SpartanValor

Game 3: Notre Dame @ Michigan State

ND should be able to score early often. MSU showed no capacity to cover the TE..the wheel route and Floyd is damn good. ND has all the requisite weapons to shred MSU's defense, then there is the little issue of Narduzzi and his defensive schemes and play calls..

Now lets discuss Kelly's burning desire to embarass someone..and his need to not start with 2 straight rivalry losses.

Frankly I don't have a great feelining about this game and beieve a oss is coming and some serious heat for Mark Dantonio will begin after this game.

67??? It's not Texas Tech/Tulsa! We occasionally tackle somebody! :nervous:

Which is kind of my point, I know my 38-30 prediction is on the high side and was saying that if even 1 pt less was the over under Id bet the under

ND should be able to score early often. MSU showed no capacity to cover the TE..the wheel route and Floyd is damn good. ND has all the requisite weapons to shred MSU's defense, then there is the little issue of Narduzzi and his defensive schemes and play calls..

Now lets discuss Kelly's burning desire to embarass someone..and his need to not start with 2 straight rivalry losses.

Frankly I don't have a great feelining about this game and beieve a oss is coming and some serious heat for Mark Dantonio will begin after this game.

I agree with most of what you said except that last part. Aside from you, I have not seen many MSU fans who are critical of Dantonio. He is mostly treated as a savior.

ND's offense is not that good. Their O-line is pretty bad. Not sure if Floyd is as good as he was before he got injured last year. Crist is an OK QB that looked great against a bad Michigan D. If their offense does as well as sportz4life predicts, then it spells bad things for Sparty.

ND's defense might actually be pretty good. I think this will be a low scoring game. I'll go with 20-17 Sparty.

ND's offense is not that good. Their O-line is pretty bad. Not sure if Floyd is as good as he was before he got injured last year. Crist is an OK QB that looked great against a bad Michigan D. If their offense does as well as sportz4life predicts, then it spells bad things for Sparty.

ND's defense might actually be pretty good. I think this will be a low scoring game. I'll go with 20-17 Sparty.

I actually didn't think Crist looked that great outside of the first drive. He over shot recievers about half a dozen times and got in panic mode a couple other. MSU could have success if they bring a lot of pressure, which is possible because ND's offensive line isnt very good.

I actually didn't think Crist looked that great outside of the first drive. He over shot recievers about half a dozen times and got in panic mode a couple other. MSU could have success if they bring a lot of pressure, which is possible because ND's offensive line isnt very good.

Crist is a big time talent with a big time arm..I laugh at the idea Gordon gets so much blame for the Randolph TD..Crist threw a dart..right on the money.

He also was rolling on the first drive before the injury..

It's hissecond start..QB's especially passing QB's need game experience.

MSU's safeties are not only terrible but lack pass defense instincts, they take horrendous angles..those things dont bode well for a defense against a Brian Kelly offense, featuring the best TE in the country.

I root for Michigan State as long as there not playing Michigan. That could be wrong but I often root for anmy in state school as long as they dont play U of M as that is where my prioritys lie.

I admit that MSU/Michigan is a good rivarly, one that will come more important in the new divisons, but I feel more hatred towards the Irish and Buckeyes.

All that being said, I hope that State enjoys the prime time spotlight against Notre Dame. I agree that a win will just mean that Notre Dame wasnt as good as expected in the eyes of many, while a loss would look badly on State.

Cousins will have to play better to win this game.

Crist is a big time talent with a big time arm..I laugh at the idea Gordon gets so much blame for the Randolph TD..Crist threw a dart..right on the money.

MSU's safeties are not only terrible but lack pass defense instincts, they take horrendous angles..those things dont bode well for a defense against a Brian Kelly offense, featuring the best TE in the country.

Oh I know hes a big time talent, I wont deny that. Like you said, he just needs game experience. He still gets in a panic too often and still overthrows recievers regularly. Those things will get better as he gets more starts, provided he stays healthy.

On the long TD he did throw a good ball, but if Gordon doesn't back up and try to swat at the ball he would of had a chance to break it up or atleast make the tackle. Still was a good throw by Crist, especially when you have your big tall reciever in single coverage.

MSU needs to pressure him in order to get him to make bad throws, that is their best chance because that secondary is awful.

On another note, I read that Crist was complaining of memory loss to Kelly along with the loss of one eye and feeling sick. This sounds like he may of had a concussion to me. Would you risk further injury by putting a kid like that back in the game? I wasn't there and I wouldn't know as much as Kelly but with all the problems these days with concussions I don't know if I would of risked it.

He also was rolling on the first drive before the injury.

That first drive was nice, but not as impressive as people are saying.

It was almost a three and out, and he converted on a few 3rd downs.

That first drive was nice, but not as impressive as people are saying.

It was almost a three and out, and he converted on a few 3rd downs.

They got a bit lucky on some broken plays too. Crist showed some savvy on that drive, but I wouldn't say they were really rolling.

I just finished watching it for the third time. Nice drive, but easily could have been stopped.

I can see MSU, with a much better defense, giving the Notre Dame offense some problems.

Sorry, not an alum.

I wasn't implying that you were...I was implying that we (actual alums) lie to our Belgian alums, which is where you are, who in turn unintentionally mislead...Well, needless to say it was a fail.:ermm:

I wasn't implying that you were...I was implying that we (actual alums) lie to our Belgian alums, which is where you are, who in turn unintentionally mislead...Well, needless to say it was a fail.:ermm:

Ah, I gotcha now sorry. I got a couple MSU buddies(not in Belgium) who almost worship the guy. Seems weird to me cause I think he is a mediocre coach. But it is not my opinion that counts.

MSU a 5.5 point favorite by sagarin.

At 5.5 I take Notre Dame.

I saw it as MSU - 3.5, with a slight majority of the action on the Irish.

It was a good throw yes, but that didn't mean Gordon shouldn't have broken it up or at least tackled the guy. I'm not sure in what universe a safety backpedalling while looking back at the ball instead of attempting to defend his man is good defending, but apparently every Michigan safety ever is from that universe