mr0zip0

Lions Robbed vs. Bears

WTF is this....figure skating? Did he take an extra qtr rotation on a triple toe loop so we're calling it incomplete?

I'll say this...if you tried to call that an incomplete pass on the playground I grew up on you'd surely get you're arse kicked...THAT ought to be the standard

Well, this rule is too subjective, NFL network shows catches that were called off, and catches that were allowed that weren't even close. CJ appeared to me to be coming up, or as Billick kept saying the second act, I think if you look at his body he his getting up when he puts the ball on the ground. Thirdly if this game was in Detroit the refs wouldn't have made that call.

I feel like a 2nd ref from the grassy knoll screwed us. If the official immediately in the screen who signaled touchdown didn’t change and say no catch, then who did? Why was the ruling on the field giving to anyone other than that official?

Anyone who’s ever had a teeny-weeny microscopic inkling that the NFL is biased towards big market teams need not look for anymore evidence. I’m sick of watching this match-up every year and watching us get jobbed on important calls, or not having a good replay angle (if we even get to see one before the Bears run their next play) while they get 30 different 100x zoom shots of every stinking inch of the field (all in 15 secs) to decide if they want to challenge the call.

The NBA had refs cheating, why would it be so hard to think the NFL does too?

The NFL wants its poster boys and high visibility teams in the final games. The conf championships and Superbowl are evidence last year. New York (biggest market) vs Peyton Manning, Favre vs. the post Katrina “NFL to the rescue… it’s so important to the city” Saints.

Lord forbid a team that isn’t going to get very many wins knocks one of your biggest markets into a tailspin week 1. Chicago would not have recovered from that loss (number 2 football market by the way).

Sad thing is, most of the Lions fans I know are calling this their last straw. We had to stomach legitimately sucking, now we have our losing frustration multiplied by the league stealing what was an honest but ugly win. I can handle losing on our own merit but this is too much.

Yes we still suck and have to assign blame to the team. Why would you not put a TE or RB to help your awful LT block one of the league’s best pass rushers? Why would you wait until the end of the game to throw to Calvin? Why do they score on a 90 yd screen pass where he doesn’t even make a single move and isn’t touched? Plenty of blame to go around on this team.

That being said, I’m done. I can’t support a football league that is willing to behave like this.

I’d keep going but like Mel Gibson, my crazy rant has left me out of breath.

YouTube - The Saints' two-point conversion attempt is challenged and overturned putting them up 7

Last year's Super Bowl. Moore didn't possess the ball all the way through or stand up with the ball, and yet, the Saints were awarded the 2 point conversion. I don't see how that catch is any more legitimate than CJ's.

Edited by Scottwood

Ok guys, which of you did this?

First, a preface... sosososososo SO NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

...and turn your volume down.

dGX2q_eer1g

edit: Its hilarious that people still care about the Lions this much. I'm amazed, really.

Edited by Shinma

Phil Luckett thought that the white and green helmet was the ball

testaverdex-large.jpg

Bad calls happen. That one cost Erickson his job. Gotta look at these things in the bigger picture - sure it stinks but don't abandon your favorite team. Think of all the happy plays in the game.

This would have been called a TD if-

It where-

Brady to any Patriot WR

Any Steeler QB to any Steeler WR

Peyton Manning to any Colt Receiver

Dallas, Dallas & Dallas

NY

oh yeah, & Chicago

Plain and simple this rule is in place to decide the outcome of a game if needed. For the exact situation that we witnessed today.

This would have been called a TD if-

It where-

Brady to any Patriot WR

Any Steeler QB to any Steeler WR

Peyton Manning to any Colt Receiver

Dallas, Dallas & Dallas

NY

oh yeah, & Chicago

Plain and simple this rule is in place to decide the outcome of a game if needed. For the exact situation that we witnessed today.

Harumph!

Ok guys, which of you did this?

First, a preface... sosososososo SO NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

...and turn your volume down.

edit: Its hilarious that people still care about the Lions this much. I'm amazed, really.

Can someone please send this to the commissioner.

The commissioner better make a statement.

Edited by nd1377

Absolutely Moronic, Dumb founded, call I have ever seen.... Calvin catches the ball (between 2 defenders), plants two feet down easily, skid backwards as he lands, holding the ball in one hand, pretty much in the face of those defenders, not too mention breaking his initial fall with his opposite hand.... Rolls over to celebrate, the ball touches the ground. and its incomplete.... I DARE THEM TOO CALL AGAINST THE PATRIOTS, or COLTS..... Those teams would rip those refs a new .....uniform.... Detroit Won... 1-0.... Horrible call.... that guy should be demoted to the High School League.... Complete Garbage, nice set up Comish.

I'm mad and I'm up there regarding being considered the most die-hard (hence, lunatic) Lions fan around, but I've come to grips with the fact that a rule is a rule, no matter how archaic.

I can't wait for Week 2.

I'm mad and I'm up there regarding being considered the most die-hard (hence, lunatic) Lions fan around, but I've come to grips with the fact that a rule is a rule, no matter how archaic.

I can't wait for Week 2.

I’m with you… and the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy agree too. This was rigged.

The rule was made up as they went along. I now know what Takashi felt like when he was playing poker with Booger.

Nobody is going to make a statement. Hell, half of the "pundits" on TV are agreeing with the call.

I have to question if Calvin Johnson was a Cowboy or a Patriot, does he get the call? I say yes. The Lions got screwed similar to when they got screwed against the Vikings on the road couple of years ago on an alleged pass interference penalty.

That was clearly a touchdown. I guess the Lions have to earn the respect of the refs along with the other teams.

Look at the bright side. Most Bears fans did not buy into this victory, and rightfully so. In fact, they felt the Lions were screwed. They weren't exactly thrilled about this victory from reading the message boards. Da Bears needed a dominating victory today not a close call.

Edited by Timberwolf

I hope the Bears enjoyed the win because they didn't earn it..

If they needed the refs to bail them out, they are not going to have a good season period.

Also if Matthew Stafford was not hurt in the game, I know this game would have a different outcome.

I hate the stupid NFL. I hate the stupid NFL. When is a catch not a catch? When it would cause the defeat of the 2nd biggest market team. Stupid NFL! I hate your stupid face.

Let's say when the ball hits the ground, the ball bounces off the ground about .5 to 1 inch and Johnson puts his hand on top of it, would it be a TD?

or

The ball doesn't even bounce and hits the ground with Johnson's hand on top of it, would it be a TD?

Two comments:

1. When they went to replay, I am pretty sure they said that the play was ruled an incomplete pass on the field, which if true, means the guy who signalled a TD was overruled.

That's correct. I just checked the 2nd link in the original post and that is indeed what happened.

So if I understand the rule correctly, or at least how supporters of the call are interpreting it, if ... :

- Calvin had streaked down the sideline way past any Bear defender and caught the ball with outstretched arms for complete possession one yard into the end zone with no one around him, but because he had stretched out and was moving so quickly he stumbled his way through the endzone, into a falling motion for 10 more steps with no juggling, before having the ball pop out as he came down to the ground right before the railing

... then it STILL would have been ruled incomplete?! WTF, what a rule.

Last night I was playing tennis ball with my dog Diego behind the house. I bounced one off the back steps and it took a strange hop and my dog jumped into the air, twisted his body threw his head back and made a beautiful leaping catch and landed on his feet, walked over to me and dropped the ball for another toss. Then my cell phone rang. It was the NFL - they ruled it "no catch".............sorry, Diego.