Jeff6851

Don Wakamatsu has been fired

Leyland is not the problem.

I wonder how many more years people are gonna be saying that before some of the fans realize Leyland may very well be the biggest problem.

Obviously you can't definitively say Leyland isn't the problem and I can't say Leyland is the problem. However, if the team continues to fail, you have to change the variable of manager in order to see if it can work better.

PreserveAWin,

. . . Yeah, Leyland should be gone today . . . Lloyd is useless . . . and Lamont is part of the problem also . . .

Mr. Ilitch - please give some instructions to Dave Dombrowski - and if he doesn't agree, replace him too - IMMEDIATELY . . . please!

why on earth would I want him..seriously..he's done what..

Well according to my Sporting News preseason predictions magazine, he was supposed to win the Manager of the Year award this season.

I don't see how you can look at the 25 man roster and conclude Leyland is THE problem. He may be a problem but until they get some better players it won't matter who the manager is.

The team is losing mostly because they have a very weak line-up going up against a series of strong teams. Leyland may be part of the problem, but the main problem is that they don't have a good team. They are not going to be a good team until they get some new players or some of the young players improve substantially. Not just one or two players but several upgrades. Getting a new manager will only help minimally, if at all.

I don't see how you can look at the 25 man roster and conclude Leyland is THE problem. He may be a problem but until they get some better players it won't matter who the manager is.

The history of winning first halves and losing second halves is enough to prove it to me. Regardless of who is on the roster, the Tigers have been good enough to have a winning record before fizzling in the second half under JL. Maybe they wouldn't have a winning record in the first half without Jimmy, but if it keeps happening every year, it's a problem

The team is losing mostly because they have a very weak line-up going up against a series of strong teams. Leyland may be part of the problem, but the main problem is that they don't have a good team. They are not going to be a good team until they get some new players or some of the young players improve substantially. Not just one or two players but several upgrades. Getting a new manager will only help minimally, if at all.

We short:

A legitimate Catcher

A legitimate SS

A replacement 3B

A replacement/legitimate RF

And maybe a legitimate LF, depending upon what you think Boesch is.

We'll need one SP, and maybe one RP depending upon Zoom's health.

That's one hell of a shopping list for this winter. Unfortunately, I don't like the marquee free agents available this winter, so it's going to be tough to feel good about the team going into next season.

The history of winning first halves and losing second halves is enough to prove it to me.

The bad second halves go all the way back to around 2001. So, if there is something systematic that is causing the bad second halves, then it goes beyond Leyland.