kdog

Oakland claims Larish on waivers

Best of luck to Larish in Oakland. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself there and I hope he succeeds.

Yeah, it's a crying shame to lose a 28-year-old player who looks completely overmatched in the bigs. What a shame. :tired:

When he's lost over a 30-year-old player who looks completely overmatched in the bigs, it is a shame.

DD and Leyland are by far having their worst year w/ Tigers. That being said, Illitch is 81 years old... Nobody has a safe job.

As Shelton said, this is the worst roster management I've seen in a long time.

Larish is definitely a Billy Beane type player.

The Athletics will never win a playoff game with moneyball players. moneyball only works during the regular season.

The Athletics will never win a playoff game with moneyball players. moneyball only works during the regular season.

Yeah, but Dave Dombrowski will never have a movie made about him, nor will Brad Pitt play the part.

So there...

How so? Do you see something in Larish that I don't?

DO you honestly prefer Kelly over Larish? If you do, that's fine...but a lot of us don't.

DO you honestly prefer Kelly over Larish? If you do, that's fine...but a lot of us don't.

I don't care for either, and Inge is about to come back. I'd enjoy both being gone, thank you.

I don't care for either, and Inge is about to come back. I'd enjoy both being gone, thank you.

The difference being, Kelly will either be Mr. "Super sub" again or in Toledo. IOW, still in the organization. Larish is gone.

The difference being, Kelly will either be Mr. "Super sub" again or in Toledo. IOW, still in the organization.

Cool, send him to Toledo. He's junk.

Larish is gone.

...and so is Larish.

When he's lost over a 30-year-old player who looks completely overmatched in the bigs, it is a shame.

sorry to burst your bubble their Shark..Larish and Frazier are the same age..

They have more things in common, they both are not major leaguers, what is different, one hit 23 HR's this season and 24 doubles in AAA, one didn't.

Jeff Larish will struggle and will always struggle, to hit major league pitching, he has a flaw i his swing, it's been discussed, he stubbornly refuses to change it and he has failed pretty miserably to hit at the big league level, the incessant and misguided fan belief he can, amazes me.

Sportz; why won't he change his swing, if when given chance after chance .. he can't hit MLB pitching?

I dunno but if you find out I bet it'll turn out to be the same reason Bonderman won't throw a third pitch.