BigGrandy4528

Tigers Acquire Peralta from Indians

Jhonny Peralta flat out blows, complete desperation move.

His OPS the past two years: .690 and .698

His defense: Epically bad. Well OK his range is pretty good but he's always been error-prone.

Don't think he adds much value to what we have. Kind of a nothing move. If they take the moth balls off #11 for him I'll be pissed.

Some people act like everytime we trade a minor league pitcher, we just gave away the next John Smoltz. Please.

Exactly.

And by the time Soto reaches the majors .. that is, of course, if he does .. that's what, 4/5 years from now?

Jhonny "My Momma can't spell" Peralta is now a Tiger. Now he can thank Ryan Raburn in person for his gate-crashing inside-the-park homer in Cleveland during that nightmarish 4 game sweep.

nothing to get excited about...but it's not a horrible deal either. I definitely would rather have Peralta than Don Kelly at third, or Peraltas bat over Worth, or Everetts. I'm thinking some people just don't like this trade because they're expecting Adam Dunn.

His defense: Epically bad. Well OK his range is pretty good but he's always been error-prone.

Can't be worse than Rhymes, now can he?

At 7 million? They at least have the option, which is nice to have.

7 million is reasonable if he can produce near his '08 numbers. He's a .264/.329/.422 career hitter capable of 20 + HR power, and only 28 years old.

I noticed he's only 28. For some reason I thought he was older. Who knows, maybe a change of scenery can get him back to his 20 HR, 800 OPS form. Wishful thinking.

If nothing else, at least he is an experienced major league player which is a step up from the majority of the lineup right now.

Looking at his numbers he looks like another Inge minus the defense. The first thought that came to my mind was "meh"

Also people over value prospects. Prospects like Soto always come and go.

Jhonny is a better hitter than Inge and is 5 years younger. He hits almost .30 pts higher for his career, almost .20 pt higher obp and about .50 pt higher ops

Now he is not the defensive player Inge is.

This is a circus. After watching the Toledo scrubs I really wonder if Dombo should be in charge much longer.

Well, I will say Jhonny's better than Don Kelly, and clearly Larish isn't going

to be used whatsoever, so I do like that aspect ...

as opposed to the combo of Donnie Kelly/Scott Sizemore??

The last year and a half has been terrible for Peralta. Before that, he had some nice years. Maybe he can find some of that past success...he is still only 28 years old.

Cash going to the Tigers as well, according to MLB network. It sounds like they are thinking of him as a rental, but it wouldn't be completely crazy to consider keeping him for 2011, based on what you evaluate him as defensively. Seriously, he's arguably the best potential FA SS for 2011, and he can shift to 3B if you need it. His bat is basically Brandon Inge, and I'd take that at short.