belcherboy

2010 Michigan football prediction thread

I didn't think it's possible, but even I've got some sympathy now...

He seems like a great guy. He just went and got himself into a bad situation.

Hey, he'll be brought back -- if Harbaugh says no, but I see Harbaugh taking the job. But -- hey, if he comes back, hopefully he changes up the D and shows us all what he can do in the Big Ten. Some have their doubts.

wait, I thought Dee Hart was enrolling in January? You mean to tell me he's not? That can't be right.......

WTF - lol, you came to post that, Tressel - seriously?

Yes, as of right now .... Dee Hart is preparing to enroll early at Michigan.

well sure Jonny....I mean, you pretty much put it in stone that he was going to be enrolling in January, but now I'm reading that he's going to commit to Alabama tomorrow.....but you're never wrong, so something's pretty fishy here. I just hope you're ok, b/c you seem to be a little high strung lately, and there are a lot more words being censored in your posts, and I'm afraid you're going to have a cyber stroke....you just take care buddy

No, I said that I didn't think you will... That doesn't mean you won't, nor that you can't.

As of right now, I have my doubts. But you return a very good team. Time will tell, that's all.

With all due respect, you didn't assert that you "didn't think we will"...You typed that there was "no reason" to think we will. Imo, that's a distinction with some difference.

That said, I felt that since just two years earlier, we were again playing in our final game of the season, with a B10 title on the line - that your earlier assertions are a tad sketchy at face.

well sure Jonny....I mean, you pretty much put it in stone that he was going to be enrolling in January, but now I'm reading that he's going to commit to Alabama tomorrow.....but you're never wrong, so something's pretty fishy here. I just hope you're ok, b/c you seem to be a little high strung lately, and there are a lot more words being censored in your posts, and I'm afraid you're going to have a cyber stroke....you just take care buddy

Wow! Seriously, this is just getting so ****in' old.

Twist my words all you want ... we'll see what happens.

And like I said, to which you are obviously too stupid to comprehend .. so much has changed of late, who knows what's going to happen. But, hey, you keep twisting my words on me, and I'll keep laughing at you = GOD;)

With all due respect...

Fine. I don't care. Best of luck on future projects - go green, go sparty .. whatever .. just go!

I love these threads..msu had a great season but benke is just pointing out that after the 9 win season of 08, msu went 6-7 in 09. So for msu to really "make it" they need continued success, not a good season followed by a bad season. Pretty simple. I'm sure that dantonio lombardi has some more trick plays up his sleeve for next season and things will be just fine. People say UM fans whine and cry a lot, my god spartan fans, someone makes one comment and you all flip out. Love it.

Second time in the last 3 years that we went into the final game of the year, playing for a B10 Title.

Last I checked, signing day hadn't arrived yet? Do you know something that nobody else does? One thing I do know is that since the 9-win campaign in 2008, according to Rivals, MSU has put together back-to-back top 25 Recruiting Classes (2009, 2010), and are likely to add another for 2011.

You know what's really really funny...

*2008: 9-4 (6-2)*

2009: 3-9 (2-6)

2010: 5-7 (1-7)

2011: 7-5 (3-5)

One of those things is not like the others...

Wanna get even more hilarious, It took the Illinois game in year 3 of Rodriguez' regime, for RichRod to surpass Dantonio in B10 wins...AT THE BIG HOUSE!!!

Look. I am not denying that in the last 4 years MSU has been better than UM. I am not even arguing that at the moment RR is running a better program than MD. I just think it's funny, with all the jabbing going on about how far MSU has come and how they have passed Michigan you can find little stats like that.

Michigan

2007: 9-4

2008: 3-9

2009: 5-7

2010: 7-5

Total: 24-25

Bowl Wins: 1

Michigan State

2007: 7-6

2008: 9-4

2009: 6-7

2010: 11-1

Total: 33-18

Bowl Wins: 0

Now obviously MSU has run a better program in the last 4 years. Big Ten record will say it, overall record they have 9 more wins. I just think it's funny in all of that talk, that you can still say in the same time span Michigan has won more bowl games, and they both have finished with a common record twice(9-4 and 7-5).

Edited by mrlmichael

Wow! Seriously, this is just getting so ****in' old.

Twist my words all you want ... we'll see what happens.

And like I said, to which you are obviously too stupid to comprehend .. so much has changed of late, who knows what's going to happen. But, hey, you keep twisting my words on me, and I'll keep laughing at you = GOD;)

do what you gotta Jonny, whatever makes you feel better

Edited by Tressel

do what you gotta do psycho, I mean Jonny, whatever makes you feel better

Hey man, there's no need for name calling.

no, really I am....I feel bad that you get so worked up arguing on a message board that you have to type profanity laced messages repeatedly, and I shouldn't have called you a psycho, and for that I'm sorry

no, really I am....I feel bad that you get so worked up...

I swear when I get worked up, but I'm not as bad as I once was...

I use to let all this get to me --- way too much, and my girlfriend called me out on it, so I stopped.

It's just football, as passionate as we all are as fans ... and the jokes, as mundane and old as some get, are part of the fun. I get along with Hongbit very well, but he has a constant need to bust my balls, and I have a constant need to defend myself - that's our banter, but it's all in good fun. If it wasn't, I don't think I'd continue to post here. I like the people here, for the most part. Heck, I can admit it -- I really miss Ranger :classic:

That said, I was serious when I said - good luck in your bowl game, rep. the BIG TEN well!!

I have to, living in Atlanta, hear on how weak our conference is, so I always route for the Big Ten teams.

Even Ohio State, and even lil brother ... I hope we all win!

Edited by JonBenke

Look. I am not denying that in the last 4 years MSU has been better than UM. I am not even arguing that at the moment RR is running a better program than MD. I just think it's funny, with all the jabbing going on about how far MSU has come and how they have passed Michigan you can find little stats like that.

Michigan

2007: 9-4

2008: 3-9

2009: 5-7

2010: 7-5

Total: 24-25

Bowl Wins: 1

Michigan State

2007: 7-6

2008: 9-4

2009: 6-7

2010: 11-1

Total: 33-18

Bowl Wins: 0

Now obviously MSU has run a better program in the last 4 years. Big Ten record will say it, overall record they have 9 more wins. I just think it's funny in all of that talk, that you can still say in the same time span Michigan has won more bowl games, and they both have finished with a common record twice(9-4 and 7-5).

GReat post. Truth hurts sometimes for msu fans. Well the truth about UM hurts too.

GReat post. Truth hurts sometimes for msu fans. Well the truth about UM hurts too.

This Truth never hurts for Michigan State :happy: