CapitalTigers

Boesch: Slump or Shelton 2.0?

When's Guillén due back?

Good question. I got the feeling listening to Mario and Rod that he didn't want to go on the DL, but with the upcoming schedule (a double header the next day followed by another on in a week - plus the road trip) that the Tigers didn't want to get caught short. So they just put him on the 15 day DL immediately. I'm hoping he's good to return on August 7th or 8th - whenever he's eligible.

Moving a thread is "dictatorship"? I didn't see the post by oblong. Maybe the OP missed it as well. How long does it really take to move a thread? And you are right, they probably aren't able to read every post. That's why there is a report post button and PM's.

The tone is what I have a problem with. Certain posters feel it necessary to be *******s to people who may start a thread on a topic that is already being discussed. ****, just post a link to the other thread. Being a dick accomplishes nothing.

This right here. I personally don't have a problem with this thread because it's relevant to Boesch's current production, whereas the the "fluke?" thread was more general. Either way, I don't see where complaining in threads you don't like helps matters any. If everyone who didn't like this (or any other) thread just refused to post in it, it would either die or the community would decide that it is a legitimate thread. The bitching and moaning just gets tiresome.

I sure to hell hope it's a slump. But then I think back to that comparison to Monroe that someone posted about a month ago, and then I promptly soil myself.

I just want to say that we developed an all-star caliber position player once this decade.

Yet, you're the first to reply to the thread? You're miserable in your demeanor lately.
Lately? :glasses:

Oh, and the answer is slump. And I also like turtles.

Because CapitalTigers is a leader not a follower.
Damn, I'm still laughing at this one.
My enjoyment of this forum increased tenfold once I realized that everyone is an argumentative dick and I hate you all. I like the site now more than ever.

The racially insensitive smileys also helped.

:chinese::chinese::chinese::chinese:

Love the Vonnegut reference (avatar), BTW!
There are way too many threads being started. I came here to look for the one with all the cat pictures in it and I couldn't even find it.
We have a winner, LOL! Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Then we wonder why out of 10,000 posters (or whatever it is) we can only get 10 that want to show up to share a fun time together at a baseball game for a MTS retreat.
There's only 10 because they heard that I'm coming this time.

There's only 10 because they heard that I'm coming this time.

Yoop -

I think the UP is in line to be the next Florida (after Florida turns into the new Morocco) I was on Isle Royale last week and it was hotter than Hades. Surface water temp in the big water was 62 - about 7 deg hotter that July ought to be.

There are way too many threads being started. I came here to look for the one with all the cat pictures in it and I couldn't even find it.

I agree with those who don't like the thread policing. Let the threads you don't like die and post something constructive in the threads you do like. Of course, if that were the case we might miss out on gems like the one above.

Look, I think I'm a 1/6 thread poster. 1 out of 6 are the bottom feeders of threads. I admit. That being said, I also am subscribed to nearly every media outlet possible. As soon as I get a feed that's pertinent to a thread, I'd like to think I'll let our board know before typical media outlets.

I'm still a bit dismayed on how people can go into attack mode over a new thread so quickly. Then we wonder why out of 10,000 posters (or whatever it is) we can only get 10 that want to show up to share a fun time together at a baseball game for a MTS retreat.

Great point.

I think it's just a slump. Shelton had one ability as a hitter and once pitchers exploited his weakness, he was done. Boesch can pull the ball with authority as well as poke it to left, so he's a much better overall hitter than Shelton. He has much better plate coverage than Shelton. I'd feel a whole lot better about him emerging from the slump if we had a hitting coach not named Lloyd. I noticed on camera either yesterday or the day before Lloyd was talking to Boesch. I HATED seeing that. I wanted to scream "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM, LLOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It is time to bump Boesch down in the lineup for a while. Let him take some pressure off. Put Damon, Raburn, Peralta, anyone 5th for a while. Cabrera needs protection, period.

It is time to bump Boesch down in the lineup for a while. Let him take some pressure off. Put Damon, Raburn, Peralta, anyone 5th for a while. Cabrera needs protection, period.

Sizemore.

Agreed, Damon should be batting 5th. Boesch looks like he went into a slump and then got McClendoned on top of it. Let's hope he can make his way out of such a substantial rut...

Agreed, Damon should be batting 5th. Boesch looks like he went into a slump and then got McClendoned on top of it. Let's hope he can make his way out of such a substantial rut...

LOL!

I don't care if Boesch is in a slump or going to be the next Babe Ruth. But for RIGHT NOW Leyland, quit being so stubborn, and move him into a different spot in the line-up.

THREE DAYS in a row bases loaded on IBB, and Boesch fails to produce. This could be a very different series.

This series could be a crusher for Boesch. To have the bases loaded intentionally THREE games in a row with the game in the balance and to make the last out of the inning each time. Very, very painful.

I am trying to remember how the rest of the league and the Tigers internally reacted to when Shelton was so hot that one year. If they were saying the same things as they said about Boesch. Anybody remember?