DaYooperASBDT

Jeremy Bonderman Just Ain't Right

Ok...how many others say this i don't know...but let's face it, since 2006 the ONLY person that's had his "fire" is verlander.

I mean look at what happened with nate robertson, bonderman, imo, is history after this season. What else do the tigs needs to see from him, because it's pretty obvious his "form" isn't there anymore.

Next year...time to get some new starting pitching, and when I mean pitching...I mean STRIKE throwers.

He was throwing 86-88 in just his 2nd/3rd inning of work, coming off the AS break..

That just ain't right.

Cioe said he hit 93mph in the first, and then was down to 86-88mph in the 2nd/3rd. That's kind of alarming.

Cioe said he hit 93mph in the first, and then was down to 86-88mph in the 2nd/3rd. That's kind of alarming.

I certainly can't call myself an expert on the mechanics and such of pitching, what is going to cause that kind of drop off?

If there was any hint of an injury, surely he wouldn't have stayed in as long as he did.

It certainly wasn't pitch count, it was the second inning coming off a long break..

I kinda came to the conclusion that he was so anxious of being spanked out the park again, he just wasn't letting it go, and that is worrying.

I certainly can't call myself an expert on the mechanics and such of pitching, what is going to cause that kind of drop off?

If there was any hint of an injury, surely he wouldn't have stayed in as long as he did.

It certainly wasn't pitch count, it was the second inning coming off a long break..

I kinda came to the conclusion that he was so anxious of being spanked out the park again, he just wasn't letting it go, and that is worrying.

Its possible that a slight change in his mechanics could cause his velocity to drop or a "dead arm" situation that would be a short term issue so I wouldnt think injury right away.

Bondermans mechanics have always been bad IMO, whenever you see a pitchers arms make an "inverted W" or "M" they are an injury waiting to happen. Examples being Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, John Smoltz, AJ Burnett and Jeremy Bonderman. Inverted W meaning their elbows are higher than their shoulders while their hands are down towards the ground. The pic below shows the Inverted W, moments earlier in his windup the right hand would have been facing down at almost a 90 degree angle.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123037/2133425/2146933/060814_SN_JeremyBondermanEX.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.slate.com/id/2147706&h=450&w=567&sz=37&tbnid=YoPjP3EF9-cGXM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=134&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djeremy%2Bbonderman&usg=__HOEvjWTwAJ7qq9PPvxsC89nUsSw=&sa=X&ei=bKRFTPfXO4OBnQfjtqSJBA&ved=0CDsQ9QEwBA

Its possible that a slight change in his mechanics could cause his velocity to drop or a "dead arm" situation that would be a short term issue so I wouldnt think injury right away.

Bondermans mechanics have always been bad IMO, whenever you see a pitchers arms make an "inverted W" or "M" they are an injury waiting to happen. Examples being Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, John Smoltz, AJ Burnett and Jeremy Bonderman. Inverted W meaning their elbows are higher than their shoulders while their hands are down towards the ground. The pic below shows the Inverted W, moments earlier in his windup the right hand would have been facing down at almost a 90 degree angle.

Google Image Result for http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123037/2133425/2146933/060814_SN_JeremyBondermanEX.jpg

Aren't both Bondo and Zumaya "inverted W"?

Next year...time to get some new starting pitching, and when I mean pitching...I mean STRIKE throwers.

Bonderman throws strikes. So does Eddie Bonine.

So do Kevin Slowey and Nick Blackburn, and at least one of them is pitching his way out of the rotation.

It's not about throwing strikes, it's about making quality pitches. Lots of guys throw strikes and get rocked.

So do Kevin Slowey and Nick Blackburn, and at least one of them is pitching his way out of the rotation.

It's not about throwing strikes, it's about making quality pitches. Lots of guys throw strikes and get rocked.

Does anyone have the numbers on his pitches movements of late? I remember in 06 his slider was really moving and even his fastball seemed to have a little shift. Last night his pitchers looked as straight as a arrow. I like Bondo but either he is hurt, again, or Billy Beane knew what was up.

Only difference with Bondo is when his control is off, he throws a lot of pitches way out of the zone or right down the pipe. The Twins pithers (for the most part) throw strikes, mostly around the corners.

So I agree whole heartedly.

Does anyone have the numbers on his pitches movements of late? I remember in 06 his slider was really moving and even his fastball seemed to have a little shift. Last night his pitchers looked as straight as a arrow. I like Bondo but either he is hurt, again, or Billy Beane knew what was up.

I just compared two graphs, last night's and his 7 IP, 2ER start against the Yankees earlier this season. Both were in Comerica so hopefully that take out any difference in tracking based on the stadium.

There does seem to be some difference, mostly in the lateral movement of the sinker. But it's a matter of 10 inches of run as opposed to 8 inches, so it was hardly "straight as an arrow" last night.

I don't think he's hurt, I just don't think he's that good. And last night, I think he was gassed after the first, which is inexcusable, really.

Google Image Result for http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123037/2133425/2146933/060814_SN_JeremyBondermanEX.jpg

I believe that this is the concern with Strasburg as well.

Rod was saying last night that Bondo needs a 3rd pitch. I wonder if anyone has tried to teach him how to throw a change-up?

It's 8 years, he was injured two seasons ago, he is what he is. Not a very good pitcher.

He had a nice May..great he has been absolutely putrid since then. Time to face facts and realize he just isn't good, his slider is still OK..but he is a #5 on a weak team or maybe a long reliever.

It's his last season as a Tiger and we can now lament a career that could have been much more.

He became essentially the pitcher he was traded for..Jeff Weaver.

Rod was saying last night that Bondo needs a 3rd pitch. I wonder if anyone has tried to teach him how to throw a change-up?

I don't thing "learning" is one of Bondo's strengths.... :wink:

I remember back in May I said Bondo would have a horrible rest of the year, unfortunately my prediction seems to be coming true. The velocity just isnt there and batters are squaring him up pretty good.

sportz sumed it up great, tremendous potential, I think back to a few 8IP gems. Not in the cards for him anymore.

does anyone have a link to the video of him getting hit in the head during BP?

It's 8 years, he was injured two seasons ago, he is what he is. Not a very good pitcher.

There is a lot of truth to this. Looking at the overall, he has just not been that great of pitcher.

He's had runs, he's strung starts together, but from the early struggles, to the 1st inning problems, to the elbow and rib injury, he has just not been that consistent.

There is a lot of truth to this. Looking at the overall, he has just not been that great of pitcher.

He's had runs, he's strung starts together, but from the early struggles, to the 1st inning problems, to the elbow and rib injury, he has just not been that consistent.

It's been consistent, just not in a good way.

Bronson Arroyo (34) - $11MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Erik Bedard (32) - $8MM mutual option

Kris Benson (35)

Jeremy Bonderman (28)

Dave Bush (31)

Jose Contreras (39)

Kevin Correia (30)

Doug Davis (35) - $6.5MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout

Jorge De La Rosa (30)

Justin Duchscherer (33)

Shawn Estes (38)

Josh Fogg (34)

Jeff Francis (29) - $7MM club option

Freddy Garcia (35)

Jon Garland (31) - $6.75MM mutual option with a $600K buyout

Chad Gaudin (28)

Rich Harden (29) - $11MM mutual option with $1MM buyout

Aaron Harang (33) - $12.75MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Livan Hernandez (36)

Jason Jennings (32)

Hiroki Kuroda (36)

Cliff Lee (32)

Ted Lilly (35)

Rodrigo Lopez (35)

Kevin Millwood (36)

Sergio Mitre (30)

Brian Moehler (39)

Jamie Moyer (48)

Brett Myers (30) - $8MM mutual option with a $2MM buyout

Vicente Padilla (33)

Carl Pavano (35)

Brad Penny (33)

Andy Pettitte (39)

Tim Redding (33)

Nate Robertson (33)

Ben Sheets (32)

Jeff Suppan (36) - $12.75MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Brett Tomko (38)

Koji Uehara (36)

Javier Vazquez (34)

Brandon Webb (32)

Todd Wellemeyer (32)

Kip Wells (34)

Jake Westbrook (33)

Dontrelle Willis (29)

Chris Young (32) - $8.5MM club option

That's the free agent market for SP ... anyone see anyone they like?

Sorry...what I meant was first pitch strikes...i'm talking about not having your starting pitching seemingly always thron 1-0 or 2-0 count strikes. If that makes sense

That's the free agent market for SP ... anyone see anyone they like?

I like...

Jeremy Bonderman (28)

Nate Robertson (33)

Dontrelle Willis (29)