BigGrandy4528

Inge out 4-6 Weeks

I say bring Sizemore up and hide Guillen at 3B. Better than having two defensive holes with Larish and Guillen.

This.

Although I wonder an IF of Fielder (1b), Guillen (2b), Cabrera (3b), Shortstop-du-Jour (ss) could score more than they would give up?

This.

Although I wonder an IF of Fielder (1b), Guillen (2b), Cabrera (3b), Shortstop-du-Jour (ss) could score more than they would give up?

That would be a train wreck whenever porcello or galarraga started or weinhardt or any ground ball pitcher was in.

Just gotta call Arazona and get there gm on my phone and tell them we give them any three baseball players they want accept Verlindur and Cabbeara and make a deal. Lettuce go four it!

The more I think about it (and it hurts), I'm leaning towards Guillen to third and call up Sizemore to play 2B.

It's tough call, that'd be my plan b. I might play Kelly or Santiago at 3b a couple days and contact Arizona to see if I could work out a deal first, then if none is in the near future Id do that.

Toronto just activated Snider for a rehab assignment, and stated they would be putting him back in the outfield, moving Bautista to 3B. Not sure he's available, but worth checking. What's his contract status? How good is he defensively at 3B?

I think Bautista would cost a lot more from the Jays than one might expect. I was reading an article about Yunel Escobar last night and it talked about how they think of Bautista as a team leader and have assigned him to mentor Escobar. He's arb-eligible after this year and the article said they were weighing whether to try to extend him or entertain trade offers. If it's the latter, I think he'll be overpriced, both for the above as well as all his HR's.

Bautista helping Escobar's transition to Jays | bluejays.com: News

Guillen can't make the throw across the diamond.

Play him at bunt depth.

hmm... I don't think it's been brought up yet, but could Miggy still play 3rd?

Obviusly Don Kelly and Ryan Raburn won't work the whole 4-6... I've heard Sizemore is having problems with injuries again (not positive on that - feel free to correct me)

Couldn't you bring up Ryan Streiby to play 1st and put Miggy at 3rd temporarily?

Feel free to shoot this idea down too.

Here's a new name to throw out there. Not sure how available he is, but Aramis Ramirez has been tearing it up since he got off the DL. He's 32, the Cubs are going nowhere and I think they believe in Vitters long term. They've apparently put D. Lee's name out there, so perhaps Ramirez could be had. He has one more guaranteed year on his contract at 14.6M with a 2M buyout the next. The trade cost would probably be considerable, but if healthy, he'd be an impact bat the rest of this year and next at a need position.

hmm... I don't think it's been brought up yet, but could Miggy still play 3rd?

oops sorry truman, didn't see that (somehow)

Here's a new name to throw out there. Not sure how available he is, but Aramis Ramirez has been tearing it up since he got off the DL. He's 32, the Cubs are going nowhere and I think they believe in Vitters long term. They've apparently put D. Lee's name out there, so perhaps Ramirez could be had. He has one more guaranteed year on his contract at 14.6M with a 2M buyout the next. The trade cost would probably be considerable, but if healthy, he'd be an impact bat the rest of this year and next at a need position.

**** it...I'm in

Ramirez's 2012 option vests if traded

Still due about $7.5mm this year

Plus $1mm assignment bonus if traded

He is due another $30.6mm after this year

For a total of $39.1mm over the next 2.5 years

You could get Beltre for probably 3 years $36mm this winter

Edited by RatkoVarda

They're not going to do anything drastic. It'll be a mismash of Santiago, Kelly, and Raburn. More PT for Worth at SS.

Didn't the Guillen to 3rd experiment already fail?

Guillen fails at every position except DH. I don't think there's a big difference between Guillen at 2B and Guillen at 3B.

kansas city seems to have given up on alex gordon. and dayton moore is an idiot. could be worth looking into. also, with jackson's suspect defense tonight, a certain knighted centerfielder is still available.

They're not going to do anything drastic. It'll be a mismash of Santiago, Kelly, and Raburn. More PT for Worth at SS.

This is what I think, too. Inge isn't great, but the players who are replacing him are much worse.

Guillen fails at every position except DH. I don't think there's a big difference between Guillen at 2B and Guillen at 3B.

Guillen fails at DH, too. He doesn't hit enough to justify being a full-time DH.

kansas city seems to have given up on alex gordon. and dayton moore is an idiot. could be worth looking into. also, with jackson's suspect defense tonight, a certain knighted centerfielder is still available.

Believe I read somewhere Gordon is in the minors learning to play OF. Can't seem to find the article now tho...

Losing Inge is no big deal..........we're better off without him and the next weeks will finally prove it, no matter which move (if any) the Tigers make!..For my $, Don Kelly can play the position fair enough and would outhit Inge anyway.

Losing Inge is no big deal..........we're better off without him and the next weeks will finally prove it, no matter which move (if any) the Tigers make!..For my $, Don Kelly can play the position fair enough and would outhit Inge anyway.

No.