djhutch

2010 Trade Deadline Thread

STASH

Haren pitches in the NL, Thus you have to tack on a run on his ERA. Thus his true ERA is north of 5. The NL has too many weak hitters plus the pitchers hit, this deflates the true ERA. Thus I would trade Larish and Clete Thomas and Fein for Haren, nothing more.

Keep 'em coming, MLBTR.

Thus I would trade Larish and Clete Thomas and Fein for Haren, nothing more.

Keep 'em coming, MLBTR.

That looks like half the trade proposals posted here.

That looks like half the trade proposals posted here.

the true era is diffrnt cuz the batters are ptichers in the nl and not in the dh league where they have a dh. harens not good anymore you can tell cuz hes not pitching as good as he used to in the al in the nl these days hes bad and done no good

ubadlo jimeniz is the best pitcher in the nl i know this because i believe in two things and two things only wins and small sample sizes

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Minny or Detroit

AL West: Rangers

Wildcard: Boston or Tampa

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Minny or Detroit

AL West: Rangers

Wildcard: Boston or Tampa

I would have guessed that at the beginning of the season. The Angels let themselves get too old, and Texas has all the talent in the world on their farm and on the MLB team.

The Angels losing Morales, and trading away Vlad who is absolutely on fire pretty much screwed them. Rangers getting Cliff Lee just drove about 100 nails into the coffin

The Angels losing Morales, and trading away Vlad who is absolutely on fire pretty much screwed them. Rangers getting Cliff Lee just drove about 100 nails into the coffin

I think what screwed them is relying on 34 year olds for all their production.

Funny how post steroid era------ 34 is 34 again.

Except for Scott Rolen, Vlad, Moyer, Ortiz, Wiggington, Jose Guillen, Billy Wagner, Pettitte etc. etc.

Except for Scott Rolen, Vlad, Moyer, Ortiz, Wiggington, Jose Guillen, Billy Wagner, Pettitte etc. etc.

That's not to say that a 34 year old can't produce. It's just really hard to have a team based around them (Abreu, Hunter, Matsui).

I didn't say post HGH.

:rambo:

Well, so much for Cliff Lee. & so much for my idea of having 1 thread to discuss all these possibilities. I made this one & like 3 more popped up. If I weren't so self-assured I'd take something like that personally.

The only other names I'm hearing, as far as pitchers go, are Haren & Vasquez. I hear Oswalt would nix a deal to Detroit. Any other names that aren't 3-month rentals?

the true era is diffrnt cuz the batters are ptichers in the nl and not in the dh league where they have a dh. harens not good anymore you can tell cuz hes not pitching as good as he used to in the al in the nl these days hes bad and done no good

ubadlo jimeniz is the best pitcher in the nl i know this because i believe in two things and two things only wins and small sample sizes

Cioe channeling Grapes, awesome.

reading the comments section on any website is pretty much a disaster in waiting. Where do these people come from?

Well, so much for Cliff Lee. & so much for my idea of having 1 thread to discuss all these possibilities. I made this one & like 3 more popped up. If I weren't so self-assured I'd take something like that personally.

Well there was already a 2010 Trade Deadline Possibilities thread.

reading the comments section on any website is pretty much a disaster in waiting. Where do these people come from?
Dunno, but they all get to vote and breed. Scary thought!

Anybody ever read the comments to articles on the Tigers facebook page? Good grief.

Just read on ESPN Rumors that the Brewers will be looking to move Rickie Weeks and then suggesting the Tigers as a good fit. Yikes.

Just read on ESPN Rumors that the Brewers will be looking to move Rickie Weeks and then suggesting the Tigers as a good fit. Yikes.

I don't mind Rickie Weeks but I don't get the rumors that has them interested in second baseman. Leyland seems perfectly content with Guillen (even though I am not) and if Guillen does falter, Sizemore is waiting in the wings. Second base is the one position we actually have a player in the minor leagues ready to be called up.

Weeks is a good player, but I don't see how he really fits the Tigers at all

Weeks is a good player, but I don't see how he really fits the Tigers at all

He fits them well if the cost is minimal..he gets on base, steals bases, has some power and fields better than Guillen....heck a suitcase fields better than Guillen.

Edited by sportz4life

He fits them well if the cost is minimal..he gets on base, steals bases, has some power and fields better than Guillen....heck a suitcase fields better than Guillen.

Danny Worth does most of these things, does some of them better than Weeks, all for less money and without giving up any players in return.

Danny Worth does most of these things, does some of them better than Weeks, all for less money and without giving up any players in return.

The only two things Danny Worth does better than Weeks are field and not get hurt..Danny Worth is a AAAA player with a good glove..he will never supply enough offense to play regularly in the major leagues.