djhutch

2010 Trade Deadline Thread

Isn't Jesus Montero having a really bad year this year?

20 years old at AAA. He's been advanced aggresively.

Zambrano,absolutely NOT!Dan Haren,Roy Oswald,YES!Old Danny Boy better do something to shore up this starting rotation,and soon while there`s still decent starters left.If he sits on his hands all through July,we`ll all be crying again come October!Come on Mr. I,let`s open up that check book.

I never get pissed off about the Yankees acquiring more, but if they get Lee, I'll be steamed.

EDIT - Better there than Minnesota. But it still bugs me.

If it makes you feel any better, Yankees fans hate the trade. Because of course, 'we could have just signed him this offseason anyway'

No? That doesn't? Sorry

If it makes you feel any better, Yankees fans hate the trade. Because of course, 'we could have just signed him this offseason anyway'

No? That doesn't? Sorry

If the MLB had a salary cap of $150M think of how much worse the Yankees would be.

If the MLB had a salary cap of $150M think of how much worse the Yankees would be.

They would be forced to develop a big chunk of their talent in the majors like pretty much everyone else.

Lee to the Yanks is a little bad news for potential playoff foes, but very bad news for division rivals.

As for Zambrano -- I'd give him a 3-start tryout is he could be had for organizational spare change (which Weinhardt is not).

Let me repeat this one more time..If you gave me Carlos Zambrano for free..I wouldn't take him..bad guys are bad guys..(see Milton Bradley) they promise..they say they'l lchange..they don't..not in their DNA..plus Zambrano doesn't throw 94-97 anymore..he is n't good..

It's a fools play.

Couldnt help laugh at this comment from the trade rumors link by a Diamondbacks fan:

If I were Arizona I would offer up Haren and Drew both to Detriot but ask for a ton in return ie Porcello, Turner (as a PTBNL), Oliver, Strieby and maybe a couple other low minor grab bag types if they don't want to move both Turner and Oliver.

yep..plus..4MM to the Reds is like 50MM to the Tigers..a

The prospects part I understand. But there isn't a more financially unstable franchise than the Rangers. If it's a 3 month rental, and it means boosting your playoff chances exponentially (which equals more money), then I could see the Reds being interested.

But again, if they don't have the trade pieces, that's all irrelevant.

The prospects part I understand. But there isn't a more financially unstable franchise than the Rangers. If it's a 3 month rental, and it means boosting your playoff chances exponentially (which equals more money), then I could see the Reds being interested.

But again, if they don't have the trade pieces, that's all irrelevant.

The Reds couldn't assemble a package that would compete with the Rangers

I can't even read the mlbtr comments section without wanting to die.

It makes you appreciate this message board. Of course, it also shows the ignorance & stupidity of the average baseball fan.

Yep. Lee to the rangers.

I feel good about Lee going to the Rangers.

I wonder if this means other chips will fall into place relatively quickly now, or if this'll be the only movement until the deadline.