Sign in to follow this  
lesgoblu02

Red Wings offseason

I know it's almost over, but thought I would start one anyway.

Eaves re-signed 1 yr @750K

Miller re-signed 1 yr @650K

Lebda signs with Toronto 2 yrs @ 1.45Mil

That has to be a typo. A joke. A mistake. Is it April 1st today? No that isn't it. Did someone slip me some drugs this morning?

So if I looked at it correctly, if the Wings sign Modano, there won't be enough money to sign Helm and Abdelkader? Anyone know if that is right or not?

I'm not sure about that. But what I am sure of is that if the Wings sign Bertuzzi and Modano in the same off-season, I will literally throw up. And may post photos of that.

So if I looked at it correctly, if the Wings sign Modano, there won't be enough money to sign Helm and Abdelkader? Anyone know if that is right or not?

Any team is allowed to go over the cap for a 1 year deal to a player 35 or older. Which is of course reduced from the next years cap.

Any team is allowed to go over the cap for a 1 year deal to a player 35 or older. Which is of course reduced from the next years cap.

Plus, I am not sure everyone on that list is going to stay with the team (Meech, Osgood).....

I believe Babcock said this week he expects Modano to sign with the Wings for 2 years.

According to Dreger, the Wings have signed Helm to a 2 year deal. 825K in yr 1, 1M in yr 2. So, a 912,500 cap hit.

Datsyuk, Pavel 6,700,000

Zetterberg, Henrik 6,083,333

Franzen, Johan 3,954,545

Filppula, Valtteri 3,000,000

Hudler, Jiri 2,875,000

Cleary, Daniel 2,800,000

Bertuzzi, Todd 1,937,500

Holmstrom, Tomas 1,875,000

Draper, Kris 1,583,333

Helm, Darren 912,500

Eaves, Patrick 750,000

Miller, Drew 650,000

DEFENSEMEN

Lidstrom, Nicklas 6,200,000

Rafalski, Brian 6,000,000

Stuart, Brad 3,750,000

Kronwall, Niklas 3,000,000

Ericsson, Jonathan 900,000

Kindl, Jakub 883,333

Meech, Derek 500,000

GOALTENDERS

Osgood, Chris 1,416,667

Howard, Jimmy $716,666

ROSTER SIZE 21

AVERAGE AGE 30.14

SALARY CAP $59,400,000

CAP PAYROLL $56,537,877

BONUSES $0

CAP SPACE $2,862,123

This doesn't include Modano yet. So with Modano (1.25M) and Abdelkader (1M?) they would have a full roster and about 600K in cap space.

Wings resign Daren Helm to a 2 year deal. Abdelkader is all that's left right now and hopefully they get that done shortly.

Red Wings sign Darren Helm to two-year deal | MLive.com

Yep, $825k this year, $1mm next year.

I think his speed makes him a step above a "grinder" that he's described as in the article. Although Draper was just as fast and I guess we all considered him a grinder.

Hope his wheels are still good. Huds + Mo will be soft (physically). Cleary will add some grit but he's really not a physical player.

Man, the Willie Mitchell speculation refuses to die down, instead it seems to be intensifying. He would be a great D to pick up, just not sure how even Holland could work the cap magic to get him. He'd probably put the Wings $2mm over the cap, so someone rather significant would need to go.

Wings signs Abdelkader for two-years - Detroit Red Wings - News

DETROIT – The Red Wings have agreed to terms with forward Justin Abdelkader on a two-year contract. In accordance with team policy, additional terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Abdelkader, 23, was Detroit’s second round selection – 42nd overall – in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He appeared in 50 games for the Red Wings in 2009-10, collecting three goals and three assists, while finishing third on the team in hits (152). The Muskegon, Michigan, native registered his first career regular-season point (Oct. 15), goal (Oct. 17) and first career two-goal game (Nov. 11) last season.

He appeared in 11 games for the Red Wings during the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs, adding a goal and an assist and tied for the NHL leading penalty minutes (36). Abdelkader also played in 33 games for the Grand Rapids Griffins last season, notching 11 goals and 13 assists.

A former star at Michigan State, Abdelkader helped the Spartans capture the 2007 NCAA championship, scoring the game-winning goal with just 18.9 seconds left in the title against Boston College. He was named the Frozen Four Most Outstanding Player.

What a surprise, Kronwall apparently having lingering knee injury troubles.

Will he ever be completely healthy? I had very high expectations for him, but all this injury stuff stinks.