Shinma

Holland pursuing Modano.

Could you ever imagine a world where Federov would do what Yzerman did in the 2002 playoffs? Hell no

There have always been stories floating around that in Game 6 against the Avs in 1997, one of the most important games in franchise history and perhaps the turning point of the franchise, Fedorov was playing on a cracked or broken ankle, took injections between the 2nd and 3rd periods, and came out and scored the goal that made it 2-0 midway through the 3rd period. Just because he looked like a pretty boy, people shouldn't assume he played like a pretty boy. He was a great player. (and no one playing in the mid-90s to late '00s dead puck trap era would come close to Gretzky's records, no matter what).

There have always been stories floating around that in Game 6 against the Avs in 1997, one of the most important games in franchise history and perhaps the turning point of the franchise, Fedorov was playing on a cracked or broken ankle, took injections between the 2nd and 3rd periods, and came out and scored the goal that made it 2-0 midway through the 3rd period. Just because he looked like a pretty boy, people shouldn't assume he played like a pretty boy. He was a great player. (and no one playing in the mid-90s to late '00s dead puck trap era would come close to Gretzky's records, no matter what).

So what your saying is you could see Federov do what Yzerman did in the 2002 playoffs? Sorry, I cant

I didnt not respect how he handled his business on the ice (or off it with Anna Kournikova) so he is not a great player in my eyes. You did and I respect your opinion to do so.

We can just agree to disagree on the enigma that is Sergei Federov - he might be one of the most polarizing players in Detroit history

So what your saying is you could see Federov do what Yzerman did in the 2002 playoffs? Sorry, I cant

I didnt not respect how he handled his business on the ice (or off it with Anna Kournikova) so he is not a great player in my eyes. You did and I respect your opinion to do so.

We can just agree to disagree on the enigma that is Sergei Federov - he might be one of the most polarizing players in Detroit history

Yep, I know I've participated in 2 or 3 such discussions on this message board the past few years and I'm sure it will still be debated 10 years from now.