Shinma

Holland pursuing Modano.

What number do you guys think he'll take? 9, 99, 19 are all off limits. 39 maybe? He wore that in his first exhibition game for the North Stars because 9 was taken.

What number do you guys think he'll take? 9, 99, 19 are all off limits. 39 maybe? He wore that in his first exhibition game for the North Stars because 9 was taken.

I read somewhere, Twitter maybe, he would be wearing #90

After seeing a video clip on the news of a flamboyant 20-something guy wearing nothing but a red #9 Howe jersey, tight short shorts and boots prancing around Vancouver's Denman St during this year's Pride Parade, not even wearing Modano wearing #19 or #91 could make me want an eraser for my eyes more than that.

Thanks Stanley, I thought they should have enough but I wasn't sure.

Competition for the 4th line will be tense now with Draper, Eaves, Miller, and potentially Helm and Abdelkader.

Thanks Stanley, I thought they should have enough but I wasn't sure.

Competition for the 4th line will be tense now with Draper, Eaves, Miller, and potentially Helm and Abdelkader.

Yep. The Hawks can still match the Wings for star power, especially on defense, but "on paper" the Wings' 4 lines top to bottom appear to be as strong or stronger, given the 8 skaters Chicago has lost since June.

Yep. The Hawks can still match the Wings for star power, especially on defense, but "on paper" the Wings' 4 lines top to bottom appear to be as strong or stronger, given the 8 skaters Chicago has lost since June.

And I like our goaltender situation better, with them now with a goalie the wings have owned in his career

Why not dust off the old 91?:wink:

Be a good way to get the stink off that number!

I love the signing, having Modano as a 3rd line center possibly puts Abdelkader, Helm and Eaves/Draper on the 4th line. What a pain in the *** line that would be to play against.

Be a good way to get the stink off that number!

Fedorov was one of the best to ever don the Winged Wheel, especially in this generation of hockey.

Fedorov was one of the best to ever don the Winged Wheel, especially in this generation of hockey.

He was also a prima donna pain in the ***. The polar opposite of Mike Modano. Amazing hockey player and I respect that. But putting Modano in that number would make me sick to my stomach.

He was also a prima donna pain in the ***. The polar opposite of Mike Modano. Amazing hockey player and I respect that. But putting Modano in that number would make me sick to my stomach.

Oh, so he was a bit of a prima donna. He really wasn't that bad. Compare him to a LeBron James who rejected Chicago because they wouldn't give his friends a luxury suite.

Feds was an incredible player. He could totally shut down the opponents the same night he'd score 2 or 3 goals. Not many guys in the 90s were capable of being completely dominant defensively and offensively on the same night. I think because he didn't do it every single night makes people call him a floater. I won't call him a floater. Tell me in your day to day routine that you have times when you're 100% into it. None of us are. That happens with everybody - even the greats like Yzerman and Messier too.

Edited by Motor City Sonics

You're closer to Dallas' situation so you would know better than I do, but wasn't there an article by a Dallas News columnist last month about how Modano has shown prima donna tendencies the past few years?

You're closer to Dallas' situation so you would know better than I do, but wasn't there an article by a Dallas News columnist last month about how Modano has shown prima donna tendencies the past few years?

He was frustrated with the organization for not surrounding him with better talent. Had the Stars put better players on the ice, he has said he would have gladly played 3rd or 4th line minutes. But they were asking him to do this with borderline NHL players. Any veteran player would be frustrated with that scenario, I would think.

TdS1dbmiQFg

S7LEvSqD8pQ

-Et_a_59jas

vl-2AuWH6i8

zKJ5oj7vKlI

If you hadn't noticed, Feds was awesome.

Edited by Shinma

I guess the three Stanley Cup he helped us win just wasn't enough for you.
Oh, so he was a bit of a prima donna. He really wasn't that bad. Compare him to a LeBron James who rejected Chicago because they wouldn't give his friends a luxury suite.

Feds was an incredible player. He could totally shut down the opponents the same night he'd score 2 or 3 goals. Not many guys in the 90s were capable of being completely dominant defensively and offensively on the same night. I think because he didn't do it every single night makes people call him a floater. I won't call him a floater. Tell me in your day to day routine that you have times when you're 100% into it. None of us are. That happens with everybody - even the greats like Yzerman and Messier too.

Federov could be an incredible player when he felt like playing. Sorry but he was a floater to the extent that other players would make reference to it. Sure even the Messiers of the world may have an off night but Federov would have off weeks depending on how his 14 year old girlfriend was treating him....

Federov could have been one of the top 5 players EVER with his talent, he is only mentioned as an afterthought when speaking of the top 100 players.

Wayne Gretzky said Federov would be the one to break his scoring records - if he wanted to. Thats all you need to hear about his lack of night in and night out effort. The greatest coach in hockey history had to constantly push his buttons to get him to perform at the level he was capable. Moving a player with that skill to defense? There was a reason for it.

The Wings had to bring in Slava Fetistov and Igor Larionov to be positive influences to Federov. Great players dont need idols that they look up to to be brought in to help babysit.

Yes Sergie was a great talent but he was not a great player. Great players are driven - Federov was not.

Could you ever imagine a world where Federov would do what Yzerman did in the 2002 playoffs? Hell no

So was he a great player? Not in my mind. Was he a talent player? Hell yeah he was - one of the most talent ever but there lies the rub. A waste of absolute incredible talent.

For me to deem a player great I have to be able to respect what they do on the ice - Yzerman, Lidstrom, Messier, Broduer, Fetisov, Larionov, Bourque, Leetch, etc etc - You cant even mention Federov in the same breath as those guys...

Fedorov was awesome. Couldn't care less if he was a prima donna or not, I'll take it for what he added to the Wings.

Even had the white Nike rollerblades that were made after his skates & played in them almost everyday during the summers.

32235_1469910033133_1395086648_1234160_4532481_n.jpg

Edited by EatEmUpTigers711