Buddha

The Official 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread

What does Roy have to do to get sacked? Liverpool is awful.

As bad as Liverpool have been, they're still in great position to be in the Europa League next year.

Hodgson's probably not going to be there, but it just goes to show the mediocrity in the league this season.

United are in first place and are poised to run away with the League, but they are absolute **** on the road and haven't played very many good games at home. What they have that others don't is depth. They can pull Rooney and put in Hernandez and still score.

BTW: What a buy in Hernandez. $10 million for that guy was another scouting coup. City pays other teams more than that for their water boys. if they don't sign Hernandez before the WC, he'd cost $30 million at least....and then $60 million when City found out United were interested and bought him for the hell of it.

Speaking of City, they're the team that should be winning the League because they have the most talented team. And beware of Arsenal. IF Fabregas and Van Persie can stay healthy, they can pip United.

Chelsea look finished without a big injection of cash this month. Their age seems to finally have caught up to them. Spurs have passed them. City has passed them. Hell, Bolton and Sunderland have arguably passed them.

Everton 2-1 Spurs

Didn't get a chance to watch because the game was espn3 exclusive with no on demand. Damn lawyers.

No Cahill but no problem for the toffees. Moyes went with beckford and Saha up front to start the game. Seamus Coleman continues to impress.

Up next is scunthorpe in the fa cup.

been following Arsenal for a few weeks now starting to really getting into them

been following Arsenal for a few weeks now starting to really getting into them

Stop! STOP! There's still time to turn back!

Stop! STOP! There's still time to turn back!

now come on i thought Man U was the darkside? or is it the recent history of not winning any cups that makes you say that?

You are not allowed to pick anyone from last year's top 5 or Liverpool. Everyone else is fair game.

now come on i thought Man U was the darkside? or is it the recent history of not winning any cups that makes you say that?

How is United any more of the darkside than Arsenal? Except for the fact that United don't fold under pressure and actually win trophies?

Glory Glory Man United! Glory Glory Man United!

And whatever to all of you, I was following United before all of you (except BST) knew what futbol was.

How is United any more of the darkside than Arsenal? Except for the fact that United don't fold under pressure and actually win trophies?

Glory Glory Man United! Glory Glory Man United!

And whatever to all of you, I was following United before all of you (except BST) knew what futbol was.

i've actually been following or atleast watching futbol since the 1990 world cup in Italy. I've just been able to get into EPL lately because of the amount of games on TV.

I am just teasing you on the Man U stuff

I started watching the EPL a bit this season, and found myself rooting for Arsenal, largely because they were always the team I took in one of those FIFA games for playstation. And they seemed like a bit of an underdog compared to the two teams I disliked, Man U and Chelsea, while not being completely out of the title talk.

Can't believe Man U is undefeated, every time I see them on ESPN or FSN it seems like they're struggling. Except for the Arsenal game.

I started watching the EPL a bit this season, and found myself rooting for Arsenal, largely because they were always the team I took in one of those FIFA games for playstation. And they seemed like a bit of an underdog compared to the two teams I disliked, Man U and Chelsea, while not being completely out of the title talk.

Can't believe Man U is undefeated, every time I see them on ESPN or FSN it seems like they're struggling. Except for the Arsenal game.

Why do you dislike United?

I think people dislike United because they've been told that they are the "Yankees of soccer." which isn't really true.

Why don't you guys hate Chelsea or Man City instead?

During Christmas, I went to my brother's home, played his son at FIFA soccer and had Hull City as my team and got killed something like 8-0. I didn't expect to do well, but figured if I picked someone better, I might do better. Nope. I was Man U in the second game and lost 8-0.

Just too many buttons on today's video games. No more than one joy stick and two buttons if I'm going to have a chance.

Why do you dislike United?

I think people dislike United because they've been told that they are the "Yankees of soccer." which isn't really true.

Why don't you guys hate Chelsea or Man City instead?

I'll just make the observation that back in the early 90s Man Utd were as bad as Chelsea and Man City combined relative to the leagues at that time :-)

Arsenal with a late penalty in the 89th minute to salvage a 1-1 draw with Leeds and force a replay.

looks like arsenal got lucky even to get a draw

Hodgson is out:

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

Hodgson leaves Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC

The entire northeast suffered FA Cup humiliation today:

Burton Albion 2-1 Middlesbrough

Sunderland 1-2 Notts County

Stevenage 3-1 Newcastle

The entire northeast suffered FA Cup humiliation today:

Burton Albion 2-1 Middlesbrough

Sunderland 1-2 Notts County

Stevenage 3-1 Newcastle

Hartlepool lost as well - if you want to be completist from a geographical pov :-)

As did Carlisle who come under the same TV region for everything - so I don't think the local channels got a single win today.

I'll just make the observation that back in the early 90s Man Utd were as bad as Chelsea and Man City combined relative to the leagues at that time :-)

When is the last time United bought an entire team in two years? It's never happened. that's what happened with Chelsea and Man City. It's not comparable.

And United built off their success and their history, not off the largesse of their sugar daddy's.

I know you love to play devil's advocate all the time, but the situations aren't really comparable if you consider all the facts.

Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool: Liverpool played a man down for much of the match after Gerrard was sent off at the half hour mark. Not a recipe for success after giving up a penalty in the 3rd minute.

City trailing early after a goal 45 seconds into the game.

When is the last time United bought an entire team in two years? It's never happened. that's what happened with Chelsea and Man City. It's not comparable.

And United built off their success and their history, not off the largesse of their sugar daddy's.

I know you love to play devil's advocate all the time, but the situations aren't really comparable if you consider all the facts.

Within the context of the game at the time, they were the equivalent or the two though. The context is very, very different today - remember, we still had terraces and you could get in to a ground for under a tenner back then.