Buddha

The Official 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread

Going to have to take a late lunch and watch some of today's game so I don't have to watch the rest all later tonight.

Do others here have a sense there is more parity in the EPL right now than the last couple of years. I look at the top of the tables in past years and see the top couple averaging more than two points a game. Right now, Arsenal and Man U are the only two teams that's the case and they are +1 point combined for that stat.

But then I say that and notice even though their paces are a bit slower than past top EPL teams, goal differential for the top four is pretty much mark on. Three teams are averaging at least a goal more than their opponents a game. And if Manchester City ever learns how to score goals at home, it could be four. So that certainly doesn't suggest any more parity.

Power went out at work, so I came home to do some work. And it allowed me to watch the game as well.

Arsenal hardly competed as Manchester U pretty dominated possession. And when Arsenal did have possession, they sloppily gave away possession frequently, or couldn't break the ol' 30-foot oval around Man U's net. They had few chances, and, really, no great chances all night long. Meanwhile, Man U had some nice chances and Roney missed a chance to make it 2-0 with about 20 minutes left in the second half. No matter, Man U never lost control of this game and pretty much did what it wanted.

Manchester United 1, Arsenal 0

Power went out at work, so I came home to do some work. And it allowed me to watch the game as well.

Arsenal hardly competed as Manchester U pretty dominated possession. And when Arsenal did have possession, they sloppily gave away possession frequently, or couldn't break the ol' 30-foot oval around Man U's net. They had few chances, and, really, no great chances all night long. Meanwhile, Man U had some nice chances and Roney missed a chance to make it 2-0 with about 20 minutes left in the second half. No matter, Man U never lost control of this game and pretty much did what it wanted.

Manchester United 1, Arsenal 0

I think Man U got the better of play overall but I don't think they generated too much offensively themselves, which they really didn't need to once they had the lead. A brilliant finish and then some quality chances here and there as they protected the lead. The PK I thought was a horrible call, the guy was half-sliding on the ground and had the ball kicked into him. Glad he missed. But Arsenal certainly never threatened much to score even when they had possession. Disappointing, really.

United dominate Arsenal again. Order restored.

Crowd Arsenal in midfield and they have no answer. That being said, the answers might be sitting on their bench in Van Persie and Fabregas....but that doesn't solve their problems in central defense.

United are coming around. Despite his miss, Rooney been playing much better, his control has returned. Fergie's fledglings have started to come around, especially Anderson. As long as Ferdinand is healthy, United are the team to beat now. If Ferdinand goes down....well....

United were the better side but its not saying much. Both had a few chances on goal, Park got lucky to put one in as he did (Nani was excellent)

I wish Wenger could get rid of Arshavin, he's very inconsistent and it clearly wasn't his day. Its clear to me that when Walcott plays he makes a huge difference with his speed. We saw him today threaten the goal especially with a cross from the right.

When Gibbs is fully fit, sit Clichy as well, who is targetted nearly every game as wingers go right past him (Nani attacking Clichy was basically United's offensive plan imo)

Sunday at 7 a.m!!!!

Things aren't looking quite as dire as they were a few weeks ago for the Wolves. Here's to hoping they stay in the relegation zone for at least another week. :classic:

I'm ready. Here's to hoping the Baggies keep falling down the table :devious:

According to ESPN Buddle is trying out with Bigmingham and also Fullham and Everton are both trying to get Donovan. Looks like two more Americans could be joining England in the next few weeks.

Leeds United won 2-0 at home against QPR today to run their unbeaten string to 9 matches and move to 2nd in the League Championship table. Nice story after massive financial troubles caused them to be relegated two flights all the way down to League One in the mid to late 2000's.

Leeds United won 2-0 at home against QPR today to run their unbeaten string to 9 matches and move to 2nd in the League Championship table. Nice story after massive financial troubles caused them to be relegated two flights all the way down to League One in the mid to late 2000's.

There is nothing nice about Leeds rejoining the big leagues. They are currently suffering their just desserts for years of being thugs and ne'er-do-wells in the 1970s. The Broadstreet Bullies of English football.

Let them rot in the lower divisions.

Love Tim Howard.

Such a nice save, as soon as his defender missed the clearing attempt off of the post I figured it was going to end in a goal for sure.

Great game by Howard, did everything he needed to do, up to and including time wasting for the final 70 minutes of the game.

You can't gift Everton early goals, they are so organized and battle for everything. Got the goals, parked the bus for an hour, job done.

Nine goals in nine home games is nowhere near good enough for City, and with Chelsea looking old and confused and Arsenal typically fragile, United will walk the league as I predicted in August.

Ah, citeh, always the tonic for ailing everton. Nicely played by the toffees. Anichebe's first yellow was ********, but everton were fortunate a couple times to make up for it. Hopefully this is another mid to late season run for everton. It's been so long, how many points for a win?

Mario Balotelli wins award ? then has a dig at Arsenal's Jack Wilshere | Football | guardian.co.uk

Mario Balotelli has been named the best young player in Europe – and has taken a swipe at Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fábregas and Wayne Rooney in the process.

The Manchester City striker won the Golden Boy trophy, organised by the Turin newspaper Tuttosport and voted for by European journalists to honour the most talented footballer under the age of 21. The 20-year-old beat the 18-year-old Wilshere into second place – and then claimed he did not even know who the Arsenal midfielder was.

"What's his name? Wil ... ? No, I don't know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him," Balotelli said. "Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

The Italy international then had a dig at previous winners of the award, including Fábregas, Rooney and Rafael van der Vaart, insisting only one past recipient could claim to be better than him. "There's only one that is a little stronger than me: Messi. All the others are behind me.

Ha!

United still rolling. They could have put 6 or 7 past Sunderland today if the woodwork had been a little more kind.

Has there ever been a better man manager than SAF? The man is a genius.

Out of darkness, cometh light! Wolves are finally getting some points. Need to beat West Ham on Saturday to further climb up.

Haha, Roy. Haha, Liverpool. What a disaster they are.

Out of darkness, cometh light! Wolves are finally getting some points. Need to beat West Ham on Saturday to further climb up.

Haha, Roy. Haha, Liverpool. What a disaster they are.

West Brom is falling apart in recent games. Next game, against ManU, is on TV. It's about time ManU loses a game.

Everton's lack of a striker and too many midfielders is killing them. They are currently 11th. Such a ridiculous number of draws. I think losing Cahill could be good for them actually. It will force moyes to sink or swim with yakubu or Saha or beckford and maybe one of them can find his scoring touch. I really like what Coleman brings. Pienaar needs to play better. Same with arteta. They have a good squad. We shall see what the second half has in store for them. Europe is not out of the question.