Buddha

The Official 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread

Wolves need to defeat Blackpool. This is a must win. Mick needs to stick with the 4-5-1 as well

Hope not. Blackpool is my sentimental favorite this year.

Couple of thoughts from this weekend:

1.) Bolo Zenden's dancing (see above) is so embarassing it was worthy of a sending off.

2.) Manchester City is the new breakthrough cure for insomnia.

3.) BST (pictured below) hilariously feigns ignorance of the official name of the league his club won last season.

1b320029aa30c0f488205782ee754680.jpg

3.) BST (pictured below) hilariously feigns ignorance of the official name of the league his club won last season.

1b320029aa30c0f488205782ee754680.jpg

That is my picture, for sure.

And I refuse to call them made up names - tis the rules. Seriously, the other main forum I post to has a "Division Three" thread every year. Usually a Division Four one as well.

And I refuse to call them made up names - tis the rules. Seriously, the other main forum I post to has a "Division Three" thread every year. Usually a Division Four one as well.

I can respect that. I came into it when it was Prem-1st Division-2nd Division-3rd Division so I suppose that's how I think of it. Just thought it would take some doing to actually not be aware of the name of the league.

One thing I do find ridiculous is that the Football League still awards the old 1st Division trophy to the winner of the Championship. Doesn't seem right.

Are there any non-league teams your support BST, or are you patiently waiting for Norwich to drop down the pyramid? Seriously though, I saw there was a "Non-League Day" being promoted during the last international break, which seemed like a well-intentioned idea. Must be a nicer day out than a visit to Boro or Millwall anyway.

1.) Bolo Zenden's dancing (see above) is so embarassing it was worthy of a sending off.

Is celebrating a goal in a certain way a cardable offense? That might be a very American football way of looking at it. I've been under the impression that as long as no one is injured or sexually violated, all goal celebrations are good.

One thing I do find ridiculous is that the Football League still awards the old 1st Division trophy to the winner of the Championship. Doesn't seem right.

That's because the Barclays is not part of the Football League. No reason they should stop the trophy tradition just because the Barclays league operates above the system.

I find it confusing when you look at a club's historical record and you see what appears to be a club moving up a division coming into 92-93 as though they were promoted, when in fact they stayed in the same division that merely promoted their name. You have to make the mental adjustment when scanning the records.

Is celebrating a goal in a certain way a cardable offense? That might be a very American football way of looking at it. I've been under the impression that as long as no one is injured or sexually violated, all goal celebrations are good.

I was making a joke at Bolo Zenden's expense.

However, players are booked for running into the crowd or taking their shirts off after scoring.

That's because the Barclays is not part of the Football League. No reason they should stop the trophy tradition just because the Barclays league operates above the system.

I'm well aware of that, I just think it cheapens the trophy. They designed all sorts of new trophies for the lower divisions and playoff winners but kept "the Lady."

I was making a joke at Bolo Zenden's expense.

However, players are booked for running into the crowd or taking their shirts off after scoring.

Unless they're Manchester United defenders who have already been booked I believe...

Nasri just scored one of the best of the campaign thus far. Unbelievable.

1-0 Arse early vs. Spurs.

Nasri refused to shake Judas' hand too. I mean Gallas. How does a guy play for Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs and also get the armband wherever he goes. He is something else.

RO-MAN are you listenin'?

You better keeeeeeep our trophy glistenin'

We'll be back in May

To take it away

Walkin' in a Fergie wonderland!

Ah yes. Welcome back, Manchester United. They're finally rounding into form. Rooney looking back to being the Wayne Rooney of old.

I was glad to see Blackpool steal a point at Bolton, which was more than anyone expected coming in today, although they should've had three. They just have godawful defense. Nevertheless, I am glad to see them in the top half of the table at this moment during their first year in the Premiership, after having spent most of the last thirty years bouncing around the third and fourth tiers.

Yes! Glorious! Out of darkness, cometh light! WOLVES!

This was must win as it gets this early on. After a really unlucky spell where we played well just conceded a late goal seemingly every game, I'm hoping this is where it all turns around. String a couple wins together and our standing in the table suddenly isn't so frightening.

Ah yes. Welcome back, Manchester United. They're finally rounding into form. Rooney looking back to being the Wayne Rooney of old.

looking real good right now, better than Chelsea lately

Hughton wins the sack race.

He had stabilized a crisis club, topped the Championship comfortably, managed some famous wins this fall, and pulled Newcastle up to mid-table. This kind of respectability just won't do on Tyneside and so he had to be sacked.

And for a "more experienced" manager according to the official statement. I'm sure Kinnear will lead them to Europe.

Hughton wins the sack race.

He had stabilized a crisis club, topped the Championship comfortably, managed some famous wins this fall, and pulled Newcastle up to mid-table. This kind of respectability just won't do on Tyneside and so he had to be sacked.

And for a "more experienced" manager according to the official statement. I'm sure Kinnear will lead them to Europe.

Ah Newcastle. Forever trying to be something they're not.

Sounds like Aaron Ramsey will be starting for Forest this weekend, we'll see if he'll be up to contributing for Arsenal in the 2nd half of the season

I love Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. Bring on West Brom.

Sunday at 7 a.m!!!!

Things aren't looking quite as dire as they were a few weeks ago for the Wolves. Here's to hoping they stay in the relegation zone for at least another week. :classic: