Buddha

The Official 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread

What a crazy day today, 2nd place Arsenal blows a 4 goal lead and now undefeated Man U lose their first game to last place Wolves.

Good win for your boys FT

41 goals in one day I think it was. Ridiculous.

41 goals in one day I think it was. Ridiculous.

Good day for Chelsea too. A win tomorrow over Liverpool could put them right back in the hunt. They are still a ways back but play Man U twice still.

Unbelievable day. Spurs may have kept their top 4 hopes alive with their late winner. It looked like this one would be over early as tSpurs were awarded two penalties in something like the first 10 minutes, but only converted one (even though they scored the second before having to re-kick and miss). Not sure which story is bigger: Man United lose for the first time to the worst team in the league or Arsenal blowing a 4 gal lead with 30 minutes to play.

Everton go from 2-1 up to 3-2 down and end up winning 5-3 behind a 4 goal effort from Saha. Tevez had a hat trick. Stoke with an equalizer in the 83rd and the winner 3 minutes into stoppage time.

And we still have tomorrow's Chelsea-Liverpool match to look forward to.

Looks like Carlo is going to run a 4-4-2 diamond tomorrow v. Liverpool with Anelka playing the top of the diamond and Drogba and Torres at Striker. Add Lampard and possibly Malouda on the wings with Essien in the back, the lineup has the possibility of scoring a ton of goals.

On the bright side, Hull continues to be reasonably hot in the Championship. Too bad they couldn't earn more than a draw against Leeds recently. After looking like they may get relegated again, now they have an outside shot of making the promotion playoffs.

West Brom is slowly dying recently.

I have not slept all night in lieu of this match. I actually think that King Kenny will lead our men to a victory. I really do.

Wow, and Ivanovich just got taken out in the box there and the ball then went of a Liverpool player out of bounds but they call a goal kick...ridiculous.

Chelsea didnt deserve to win though, good game from Liverpool. They are playing a lot better of late.

Edited by Johnny Mac

Easily top-3 proudest moments of my 15 years of supporting Liverpool. Just a stellar effort from every single player, minus the very awful Maxi, and superb tactics from KING KENNY.

2p507.gif

Karma 1

Judas 0

"YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT A REAL CLUB!"

I don't agree fully. I'm glad he's gone. Nobody is bigger than the club, unless your name is Kenny.

West Brom is slowly dying recently.

And now they've sacked DiMatteo. Brilliant.

I take no pleasure in saying this DTrop, but the Baggies are going down.

I didn't even know that until you said that. Honestly, it's not like I've broken down his career and can say he's done this or that, but, generally, I think the guy has done a pretty decent job. For a good portion of the season the squad has been comfortable of the relegation zone, and that's where they were expected to battle - around that area. Three of our next four games are against teams in that battle to stay out of the top three. They probably will be the games that decide the team's fate. Win two of those, and they'll probably in solid shape.

The thing is the bottom teams aren't that bad. Following relegation-type teams the last couple of years, I've learned if you average a point a game, you are doing more than enough to stay out of the bottom three. In most years even the Wolves and West Ham would be on a pace that could keep them out of the bottom three. But the bottom is so balanced and they are posting occasional strong results against some of the upper tier teams (Wolves last weekend), and that's raised the standard.

The defense has been lousy. I can't recall our last shutout or clean sheet or whatever. Scoring is up, but they should have at least a couple that I can recall in the last couple of months at least. Somehow they need to get their form in the back stronger.

I'm really hoping they stay up. I don't want to have to wonder if I should pick another team next year and then have two teams in the championship.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT A REAL CLUB!"

I don't agree fully. I'm glad he's gone. Nobody is bigger than the club, unless your name is Kenny.

He is now playing in the Champions league and is on a team who currently is in line to qualify for another one. He made the right choice.

Also not too worried about the result, Chelsea changed their whole formation up, running a 4-4-2 diamond as opposed to the 4-3-3 they are used to. Didn't think they had much a shot at winning the PL anymore, goal this year should be on the champions league and qualifying for it again next year as well as the local cups.

Edited by Johnny Mac

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

ROONEY!

Order restored in Manchester.

West Ham have equalized after being down 3-0.

Mike Bradley is on the pitch now for Villa.

That goal by Rooney was amazing.

"I think so," Rooney told Sky Sports when asked if it was the best goal of his career. "I saw it come into the box and thought, 'Why not?' Thankfully it finished up in the top corner.

"I was trying to get in a good position for when Nani crossed it. Nine times out of ten they go over the crossbar. Today it ended up in the top corner. It is instinct. You don't have time to think about it."

ESPNsoccernet - England - Rooney delighted with strike

Birmingham with a goal in the third minute of stoppage time to win 1-0 over Stoke.

Birmingham with a goal in the third minute of stoppage time to win 1-0 over Stoke.

Goals in stoppage time? You wanna go down a league if you want them - today City got another one at 90+4. I think that's about 8 this season, leading to some ridiculous number of points.

Goals in stoppage time? You wanna go down a league if you want them - today City got another one at 90+4. I think that's about 8 this season, leading to some ridiculous number of points.

I will queue that one up right now.