Yeah, that's if they all sign max deals though. I thought I was hearing something yesterday, maybe even from Wade during his & Bosh's announcement, that it was all about winning Championships, and that they'd take less money if it was for the benefit of the team.

They might. But I really dont see any of them taking less than $15 million the first year. Thats still $61 million between them in year 5.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Heat Offer Mike Miller Five-Year Deal

Heat Offer Mike Miller Five-Year Deal

The Heat have offered Mike Miller a five-year deal, worth approximately $27 million-$30 million.

Miami has given Miller a deadline of Thursday night to decide.

Miller has been told by the Heat that they are 'confident' LeBron James will be joining the Heat.

That tells me they will be taking less than the max. Creating that $6-$7 million bubble of cap space I mentioned in my reply to Scottwood.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Heat Offer Mike Miller Five-Year Deal

That tells me they will be taking less than the max. Creating that $6-$7 million bubble of cap space I mentioned in my reply to Scottwood.

Wow, interesting. But with no state income tax in FL the difference in the amount that they will earn is probably insignificant.

C - Bosh

PF - James

SF - Miller

SG - Wade

PG - Chalmers

Am I correct in assuming that will be the starting line-up and then a bench full of league min. "scrubs"?

Edit: This is assuming Beasley is moved in some form of sign-and-trade and James moves to PF.

Edited by EchO

Wow, interesting. But with no state income tax in FL the difference in the amount that they will earn is probably insignificant.

C - Bosh

PF - James

SF - Miller

SG - Wade

PG - Chalmers

Am I correct in assuming that will be the starting line-up and then a bench full of league min. "scrubs"?

Those scrubs will probably be decent enough Vet mins looking for a title. I don't see James being the PF, I see Bosh at PF + Vet min at C with Wade-Miller-James taking the perimeter, with Chalmers off the bench. Did I miss something, is Beasley already gone?

Those scrubs will probably be decent enough Vet mins looking for a title. I don't see James being the PF, I see Bosh at PF + Vet min at C with Wade-Miller-James taking the perimeter, with Chalmers off the bench. Did I miss something, is Beasley already gone?

I added an edit since I originally posted, I believe I read a few rumors about Beasley being moved in a sign-and-trade. And I agree with the first sentence, I put scrubs in quotes to try and signify that.

Everyone once in a while someone will come on here bemoaning the fact that JoeD should have waited til this year to spend his space. Haywood is MLE value, not that insulting of an offer.

My guess is we would have walked away with Haywood at 10 mil per over 5-6 and Ray Felton for a little less than Ben Gordon money. I hate Charlie V a little less right now. If we can move Rip for an expiring, and get Bynum for Steve Blake money, this has to be considered a successful offseason. With or without getting anything valueable in a Tay deal.

Stuckey

Gordon

Tay

Monroe

Wallace

is a .500 team. With some 11-12 payroll flexibility. Let's just hope a bloated Stuckey extension does not muck things up too bad.

I thought several NBA teams were all hurting for money from the economy. Apparently, that isn't the case with all these max contracts

I thought several NBA teams were all hurting for money from the economy. Apparently, that isn't the case with all these max contracts

Sports Observation #1: Owners always claim they are hurting for, and/or losing, money.

Sports Observation #2: A sports franchise's net worth almost always increases over time.

One is free to draw their own conclusion.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

But MIAMI? The worst sports town in the country outside of Atlanta? And going there to carry Dwyane Wade's bags? To play wingman for someone else? To leave his hometown team to be Wade's *****? Really?

Thats pretty unfair to call Miami the worst sports town. Three of Miami's sports franchises were formed in either the late 80's (Heat) or the early 90's (Marlins, Panthers). You can't expect a city full of out of town transplants to suddenly change their allegiances. Only now is the generation that grew up with these teams finally making income and being able to go to games when they want to. I should know, its MY generation.

And Dolphins fans are better than most NFL fans.

Sports Observation #1: Owners always claim they are hurting for, and/or losing, money.

Sports Observation #2: A sports franchise's net worth almost always increases over time.

One is free to draw their own conclusion.

True. Business will always claiming it is hurting and needs to make cuts, even if they are making record breaking profit or doing GREAT by any measure.

Loved the Simmons article today, my prediction is Cleveland, just too cruel to announce in an hour long special anything else.

This part was dead on about picking Miami

Bill Simmons: Countdown to the LeBron James decision - ESPN

I think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their teams. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

Simmons cites not meeting with Izzo as why it's not Cleveland, I think he just didn't want Izzo as a coach.

Didn't the Dolphins have playoff blackouts? That's pretty bad.

Didn't the Dolphins have playoff blackouts? That's pretty bad.

Post Marino hangover. I'd attribute it similar to what happened the Braves too. The Dolphins were playoff contenders from 1970-2000. But every Dolphins game I've been to recently is sold out, and just an overall excited atmosphere.

I'd say the Heat could win five titles and never surpass the Dolphins in popularity.

Thats pretty unfair to call Miami the worst sports town. Three of Miami's sports franchises were formed in either the late 80's (Heat) or the early 90's (Marlins, Panthers). You can't expect a city full of out of town transplants to suddenly change their allegiances. Only now is the generation that grew up with these teams finally making income and being able to go to games when they want to. I should know, its MY generation.

As someone who has lived in Florida and Michigan, lions fans were much better fans during the bad years and the dolphins picked up some bandwagoners or some came out of the closet 2 years ago. The feel I got from living in Florida, is that Florida teams fans are frontrunners to the extreme.

In a place like Miami, that doesn't bother me. Would you rather go watch the Dolphins suck or go to South Beach?

In Detroit, would you rather watch the Lions suck or go to....

Loved the Simmons article today, my prediction is Cleveland, just too cruel to announce in an hour long special anything else.

This part was dead on about picking Miami

Bill Simmons: Countdown to the LeBron James decision - ESPN

Simmons cites not meeting with Izzo as why it's not Cleveland, I think he just didn't want Izzo as a coach.

He did a great job putting into words what's been bugging me the most about the possibility of James ending up in Miami. If that happens, no matter how many titles they win, I will always think of Wade as the driving force and heart and soul of the team. It will always be Wade that managed to bring 'em to his house.

Rumors : LeBron Makes Offer On A Miami Home!!

This just in: LeBron is supposedly going to make hia decision on what team he will be playing for next year’s basketball season tonight on ESPN but there is word that James put in a $49.5M offer on a Coral Gables Home!

Here is what Miamicondoinvestments is reporting:

The offer was made on a 20,862 square foot mansion located at 11 Casuarina Concourse in the Gables Estates neighborhood of Coral Gables. The 8 bedroom/11 bath/2 half bath palace sits on a 3.6 acre lot with 880 feet of water frontage and comes with a dock to accommodate a 150-foot yacht. The magnificent residence was previously listed for $49.5M before the listing expired on May 31, 2010. The home, which was purchased in July 1987 for 2,018,000, is currently owned by luxury auto dealer Alan Potamkin of Potamkin Auto Gallery.

Hmmmmm.... It looks like all speculations are pointing MIAMI!!!!!

Greg Cote: LeBron-to-Miami may not be happening. Heat has canceled a full-page welcome ad in The Miami Herald. This time I'm serious.

Boy, this is just a mess. Who the hell knows anymore.

As far as the bandwagon front runner stuff, if your sole goal at this point was to win Championships, and you already know Wade & Bosh are heading to Miami, and Miami has enough money to sign you to a max or near max deal, where would you go? Where do you think your odds are best for winning a Championship? All that's left for him is to win a Championship/Championships. Miami looks like the best chance to do that for the next ___ years with Wade & Bosh already committed, so it would really make less sense for him to go somewhere else.

Great point, I agree. Detractors are arguing that LeBron should, other things being basically equal, go to a worse team in order to impress them. But from his vantage point he's getting paid the same and trades in for a better chance to win. That's what fans say they want out of athletes, a dedication to winning, but in this case LeBron gets slammed for doing what he can to win.

I expect him to re-sign with Cleveland though.

As someone who has lived in Florida and Michigan, lions fans were much better fans during the bad years and the dolphins picked up some bandwagoners or some came out of the closet 2 years ago. The feel I got from living in Florida, is that Florida teams fans are frontrunners to the extreme.

Dolphins fans never stop rooting the team. Its just we don't feel like driving an hour and a half from home to watch scrubs get beat when we could've watched it at home for cheaper. I know I didn't want to go driving all the way to the county line to see the Dolphins when they sucked, but I watched every single game on TV.

Probably a sign and trade with the Pistons.

On a serious note. Joe called him right? I mean, no way in hell it happens. But as a GM you have to make that call, right?