Game Time: 12:00 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSL Tigers @ DSL Rangers

Game Time: 10:30 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

VSL Tigers @ VSL Cardinals

Game Time: 11:30 am

Get 'em, Slick Rick!

Man, it would be cool to see the Whitecaps get Jade Todd a win. Man, it would be cool to see Jade Todd get the Whitecaps a win.

Get 'em, Slick Rick!

Man, it would be cool to see the Whitecaps get Jade Todd a win. Man, it would be cool to see Jade Todd get the Whitecaps a win.

In the 4 games since the AS Break the Whitecaps have scored a TOTAL of 1 run. 0 in their last 3 games. Not looking good for Jade.

Porcello's last game in Toledo?????

I hope not. I want to see more Ks, and back to back games with such.

Stands at Joker Marchant cleared out pretty early as LFT are shut out 5-0 with only 3 hits. It could be a long second half to the FSL season.

The GCL Tigers beat the GCL Pirates 6-0. The GCLT racked up eleven hits, but the only extra base hit was a double from rightfielder Steven Moya. Weird. They also collected three walks, two guys were HBP, and the GCLP made one error.

My AAT, Ramon Lebron, made his first appearance since being sent down from West Michigan. He pitched the last two innings. He gave up one hit, didn't walk anyone (!) and struck out three. I'll be curious to see if he continues to pitch out of the bullpen or gets into the rotation.

Jeff Ferrell, the Tigers' 26th round pick earlier this month, got the start. He went six and a third scoreless innings. Four hits, three walks, five strikeouts. He's now 2-0 with an ERA of 1.35 to start his pro career. That's got to be a good feeling for the kid.

Shortstop Dixon Machado, the GCLT's leadoff hitter, went 2-4 with a walk, one RBI and a run scored. Centerfielder Edwin Gomez, hitting in the two-hole, was 2-5 with three RBI. Catcher Gabriel Purroy was the only guy to go hitless. Patrick Leyland was the DH and hit fifth. Moya hits eighth, which I found interesting, considering the power he's got in his bat.

Mud Hens lose, 7-3. Porcello struggled, giving up 10 hits and 5 ER in his six innings.

Perry went 1.2 IP, gave up one hit, 2 BB, one unearned run, had 1 K.

Dlugach had two hits, and Rhymes had 3 hits.

Erie lost, 6-5. Dirks, Bertram, and Bishop all had two hits.

Conn wins, 1-0. Nunez and Enos doubled, while Ashenbrenner went 1-4 (now batting .325)

Luis A. Sanz goes to 3-0, throwing six innings, 3 hits, 1 BB, 6 K's

Torrealba went three innings with 7 K's, no hits, 2 BB.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

The VSL Tigers beat the VSL Cardinals 7-5.

Lots of guys had a nice day at the plate, including shortstop Suarez (2-5 with a double and a run scored), second baseman Cortez (3-5 with two doubles, two runs scored and one RBI), first baseman Soledad (2-4 with 2 RBI), third baseman Ustariz (2-3 with a solo homer, a walk and two runs scored) and catcher Oses (2-4 with a double, triple, a run scored and two RBI).

Starting pitcher Briceno gave up only one run on seven hits, a walk and one HBP to get his first win of the season to go with three losses.

Damn, the Whitecaps lost to the South Bend Silver Hawks 2-1 in ten innings. With the bases loaded, Richard Zumaya walked in the winning run on four pitches. That was Little Zoom's second walk of the inning (but he did strike one guy out). Kenny Faulk, who started the inning and gave up a couple hits, got tagged with the loss.

The misery continues for the WM offense. They mustered only four hits, all singles. Three of those came in the sixth, the only inning in which the 'Caps could cross the plate. BTW, that snapped a string of (gasp!) 34 scoreless innings for the 'Caps offense.

More info from the game recap:

The 'Caps pitching staff continued to perform at a high level in spite of a short start by Jade Todd, who was forced out of the game due to an apparent injury after just three pitches. Four relievers combined to throw 9.1 innings while allowing just two runs, led by five strong frames from Victor Larez immediately after Todd's removal.

Over their last 10 games, the West Michigan pitching staff has posted a 2.09 ERA. During that same time period, the offense has mustered just 1.2 runs per game.

Edited by TigersFan81371

The Connecticut Tigers beat the Lowell Spinners 1-0. Luis Sanz was excellent, with 6 strikeouts in six shutout innings. Michael Torrealba was also very good with 7 Ks in a 3-inning save.

4747284971_663fc4baa7.jpg

Luis Sanz

4747286437_43698930dc.jpg

Julio Rodriguez

4747307187_6157de6eb4.jpg

Ryan Enos

4747300175_b2c1691f56.jpg

Les Smith

4747297529_4ca323342e.jpg

Matt Perry

4747304871_8fa6c87501.jpg

Ryan Soares

4747922918_5607d20df7.jpg

Michael Torrealba

More photos here

Attendance hasn't been great, but the people that have shown up are certainly happy to have a team. I've seen a lot of CT Tigers hats at the ballpark the last few days.

Lakeland offense didn't show up last night, only compiling 3 hits, Kibler had a strong outing, but Rob Waite had a night he'd like to forget giving up 4 hits, 4 runs all earned in 2/3 of inning. Douglas, Lennerton, & Rijo collecting the only hits. Seems like it's gonna be a long 2nd half for the LFT.

Edited by fyrftrjim

Captain, thanks for the pics.

As for Porcello, he didn't look good at all. He was very hittable throughout the game. He induced at least one or two dp's but they were getting good swings against him all game. I believe it was the 5th inning (maybe 4th) where they unleashed on him. In a nutshell, the guy needs to start missing more bats. I would like to see at least 2-3 more starts before the recall.

Lakeland offense didn't show up last night, only compiling 3 hits, Kibler had a strong outing, but Rob Waite had a night he'd like to forget giving up 4 hits, 4 runs all earned in 2/3 of inning. Douglas, Lennerton, & Rijo collecting the only hits. Seems like it's gonna be a long 2nd half for the LFT.
Sounds like a good game for me to miss.

Roger, are you ok? What about the streak ? This is the first game you have missed since I moved to Florida three years ago. A couple of us fans were wondering where you were.

Larry

2010 AAT Brandon Douglas

Yeah, I will say this they didn't play bad, they just couldn't get anything established. Hope you're feeling better & will see you at the game on the 4th.

Yeah, I will say this they didn't play bad, they just couldn't get anything established. Hope you're feeling better & will see you at the game on the 4th.
Been upgraded from "leave me alone and let me sleep" to "slightly miserable".

Been upgraded from "leave me alone and let me sleep" to "slightly miserable".

New medical terminology, I love it, lol:laugh:

It was a good game to miss except that the beer was a lot colder than usual and the cups were a lot bigger for the same price. It was supposed to be just a one time thing though.

It was a good game to miss except that the beer was a lot colder than usual and the cups were a lot bigger for the same price. It was supposed to be just a one time thing though.
Colder?

Colder?

Well, yeah, but you had to be there. Ice was forming on the outside of the much larger than usual cup as they would hand it to you. Hard to explain with words.