Joec03

Tigers Scouting Dan Haren

You know, there is a trade deadline thread for rumors like this.

We should probably merge these threads so the board doesn't get too cluttered.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The D’Backs have started exchanging names with teams about possible Dan Haren trades and the Tigers, Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals and Twins appear to have varying degrees of interest in the righty. That’s just the abbreviated version of what we heard yesterday, but there’s more. The D’Backs’ asking price? High-quality major league-ready pitching. With that in mind, here are today’s Dan Haren rumors, with more to come:

* A D'Backs source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that expectations have shifted and it seems more likely that the D'Backs will trade Haren.

So who do we have that is major league ready? Oliver? Porcello? Not much else.

Galarraga? Could we fleece AZ and send them Galarraga and Oliver?

I'm laughing..for the first time in weeks I was stuck in the car and Ilistened to the idiot Valenti panning the idea of Haren.

Yet the Phillies, NYY, Cardinals and Twins, every organization who he belives is smart, right in the mix discussing acquiring him.

Makes me laugh..what a d-bag.

Edited by sportz4life

You take yourself too seriously.

They should make you a mod..

Just read on MLBTradeRumors.com that most people think that it will be hard to land Haren without including Jacob Turner.

Not sure that I would trade Turner. I would trade Crosby, Oliver, etc. but don't think I would be down with losing Turner.

Just read on MLBTradeRumors.com that most people think that it will be hard to land Haren without including Jacob Turner.

Not sure that I would trade Turner. I would trade Crosby, Oliver, etc. but don't think I would be down with losing Turner.

They would deal him in a heartbeat..

Crosby is untradeable ofr value..

They would deal him in a heartbeat..

Crosby is untradeable ofr value..

Exactly. People, including me sometimes, overvalue prospects. If you are getting back the player you hope the player you are giving up becomes, and the player you are getting is controlled for 3 seasons at a reasonable salary, you make the deal.

Now if the ceiling of the player you are giving up is considerably higher than the player you are getting back, and/or the player you are getting is extremely overpaid, obviously you probably don't do the deal

I think the Tigers should be able to use the Turner to get them haren and Drew from the deal. They need to talk like Turner is untouchable and when they ask, say he only goes if Drew is in the deal.

I think the Tigers should be able to use the Turner to get them haren and Drew from the deal. They need to talk like Turner is untouchable and when they ask, say he only goes if Drew is in the deal.

Yeah..DD needs the coaching, he has never made a shrewd deal.

Like others have said, too many overvalue prospects..I think we have covered Drews real value in depth, it's not much greater than Santiago..

From our old friend Jon Paul Morosi

For two of those clubs, acquiring Haren won’t just be a matter of surrendering the necessary prospects and affording the remaining money on his contract. They will need to get his permission, too.

Major league sources told FOXSports.com on Friday that the Tigers and Twins are among the teams on Haren’s 12-team no-trade list.

the Tigers and Twins are among the teams on Haren’s 12-team no-trade list.

I find this hard to believe. You have 12 teams you can list that you won't go to, and of those 12 ... you name those two?

No.

Well, now I will be surprised if the Tigers get him.

Although, would a team that surely knows its on his no-trade list be pursuing him "seriously"? I would think either they know he would waive the no trade clause or they're not on it.

I find this hard to believe. You have 12 teams you can list that you won't go to, and of those 12 ... you name those two?

No.

Middling contenders in the middle of nowhere? Why wouldn't he? The Tigers almost always pop up on these lists.

12 teams is almost half of MLB, it's not like they're appearing on a list of 5 or something.

Haren has said he would have to consider coming to a contender on his no trade list so he did not say flat out no, he wouldn't go to them.

He obviously wants to stay out west, but it was the same deal with Jake Peavy and the Chicago White Sox last year and they were able to convince him to come.

I just hope they can get a deal done a few days before the deadline to have an opportunity to work things out with him and so that if he does reject the deal, they would still have other options to pursue.

Haren has said he would have to consider coming to a contender on his no trade list so he did not say flat out no, he wouldn't go to them.

He obviously wants to stay out west, but it was the same deal with Jake Peavy and the Chicago White Sox last year and they were able to convince him to come.

I just hope they can get a deal done a few days before the deadline to have an opportunity to work things out with him and so that if he does reject the deal, they would still have other options to pursue.

It's why they are negotiating now, it benefits AZ to have the most suitors.

In some ways it may reduce the ultimate cost of acquisiton. good catch on the info.

I watched his last two starts, I can promise you he wants out of AZ..

Nothing that can't be fixed by picking up his option.

Edited by sportz4life

The no-trade listing should not be a problem.

AZ is 19 games out of first place and the 2nd worst team in the NL.

E Jackson and Scherzer would, I hope, have good things to say about the Tigers if asked.

The no-trade listing should not be a problem.

AZ is 19 games out of first place and the 2nd worst team in the NL.

E Jackson and Scherzer would, I hope, have good things to say about the Tigers if asked.

$$$$$$

Haren has no interest in pitching on a contender. He also probably has no interest in leaving the NL. He's happy having boosted stats from pitching in the NL and is used to shutting it down in September.

Haren has no interest in pitching on a contender. He also probably has no interest in leaving the NL. He's happy having boosted stats from pitching in the NL and is used to shutting it down in September.

Wisdom..fans are wonderful..

LOL

Here Sportz, I'll get it for you.

"You know, I think what you posted is incorrect, and so I disagree with it, but that's ok because we're all Tigers fans and that's all that matters."