davidsb

Mets - Braves - Twins

Ironically, there's an ad for Twins gear to the left of this thread on my computer.:ermm:

Oh, yuck. Get out the disinfectant. And call an exorcist.

Man, I wish I was going to that one. But Scherzer has been doing well so hopefully we'll see a win on Friday.

Last time I saw Kenny Rogers' comeback off the DL, and a Tigers win!

I hope to see a bunch of Ks and two Tigers wins.

Still gotta beat 'em, though. All good teams should make hay at the expense of the lousy teams.

Very true, which is why I worded it the way I did. Just keeping expectations real. :happy:

No matter what, this stretch is going to be very telling I think. I'm still not sure how to take the Mets and Braves this year, if either are legit or just playing over expectations right now.

What I like is the Tigers play like a national league team. The bottom 3 of the Tigers lineup plays very much like a NL team. The Tigers lose nothing when batting a pitcher instead of their number 9 crap hitter while the NL teams now lose a lot by Verlander, Bonderman, Scherzer pretty much get an automatic out once every time through the order as they get to pitch to a Laird like hitter.

Come on, let's be fair.....most of those pitchers hit better than Laird.

What I like is the Tigers play like a national league team. The bottom 3 of the Tigers lineup plays very much like a NL team. The Tigers lose nothing when batting a pitcher instead of their number 9 crap hitter while the NL teams now lose a lot by Verlander, Bonderman, Scherzer pretty much get an automatic out once every time through the order as they get to pitch to a Laird like hitter.
Problem is, that crap 9 hitter becomes that crap 8 hitter and they will probably lose Damon or Guillen as the DH.

7 games into the road trip, and the Tigers are 3 - 4.

Even if the Tigers drop the next 2 games, they will be 1 1/2 games out of 1st, which is where they were when the trip started.

My sentiments exactly.

With the exception of the Zumaya injury, I can accept this road trip even if we drop the next two.

That being said, let's get one more of these.

I will give the Tigers this. They generally don't get swept on the road. They often find a way to win the third game of the series after dropping the first two.

One more thing. We seem to play better with Raburn in the lineup. Hopefully he keeps getting more PA's.

Edited by PreserveAWin

Taking two of three in Minny guarentees that the Tigers leave town in first place.

The Tigers won the opener, which gave them a half game lead.

A Tigers win tonight pushes it to a game and a half. If that happens, a Twins win on Wednesday cuts the Tigers' lead back to a half game.

If the Twins win tonight, they go back up in first with a half game lead. If that happens, a Tigers win on Wednesday would put the Tigers back up on top with a half game lead.