AlaskanTigersFan

Baseball Tonight Said...

I'll be surprised if the Tigers are buyers this year.

I guarantee you they try and imporve the team..now there may not be a deal made..but they are an aggressive organization, doing nothing is not in their DNA.

I guarantee you they try and imporve the team..now there may not be a deal made..but they are an aggressive organization, doing nothing is not in their DNA.

Sean Casey!

Oh, wait.

Matt Stairs?

Aubrey Huff?

Let's bring them all in!

Just hoping for a middle infielder who can hit above .240...

Sean Casey!

Oh, wait.

Matt Stairs?

Aubrey Huff?

Let's bring them all in!

Neifi Perez! Oh wait.....

Sean Casey!

Oh, wait.

Matt Stairs?

Aubrey Huff?

Let's bring them all in!

Ok...for his brief stint like the other, imo...matt stairs wasn't that bad, he did better than other two combined...but then again i don't remember was his numbers were that year he joined the tigers..oh well

And while they are up tight against their self imposed spending limit (if they really have one) they have a lot of money coming off the books at the end of the season. I think they will be very aggressive if they have a shot at the playoffs.

Of the trio mentioned in Oliver, Crosby and Turner I would move the first two in a heartbeat to land Lee

Sean Casey!

Oh, wait.

Matt Stairs?

Aubrey Huff?

Let's bring them all in!

Theriot is kind of the same general ilk of player as those guys, track record in the midst of a poor season. The benefit is he's younger and club-controlled. The fact that he's younger makes him more likely to bounce back, IMO, so it's important.

Theriot is kind of the same general ilk of player as those guys, track record in the midst of a poor season. The benefit is he's younger and club-controlled. The fact that he's younger makes him more likely to bounce back, IMO, so it's important.

I'd love to have Ryan Theriot.

Tigers may eventually be in the running for Cliff Lee..... Oi Vey....
That was immediately followed by a live auction of the Mackinac Bridge, and surrounding properties. I'd love to have Cliff Lee in that rotation, don't get me wrong, but imagine the prospects the Tigers will have to give up. Turner would just be the starting point, I imagine?

What would we need to land Ted Lilly? Maybe Streiby + Perry or Streiby + Oliver?

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

don't see it..rather have Haren..because we can keep him.

+1

Verlander & Haren would be an awesome #1 and 2!

Lee seems to be in it for whoever writes him the biggest check. Haren is also 2 years younger.

The Tigers might be able to get him, but the price would be too high, in my opinion. Their minor leagues have finally started to churn out some good ML talent. Why dump that cheap talent for a single pitcher?

By "him", I mean Lee.

The Tigers might be able to get him, but the price would be too high, in my opinion. Their minor leagues have finally started to churn out some good ML talent. Why dump that cheap talent for a single pitcher?

By "him", I mean Lee.

If you think Lee can put your team over the top, you do it. Bottom line. This game we all live and die by is about winning.

If we could sign him to a decent extension I would be all for it.

Verlander

Lee

Porcello

Scherzer

Galarraga

Three of those starters will make a combined $3.xx Million so we realistically could give Lee $20+ Million a year and still be spending less on our rotation next year than this year since we will shed Willis's 12 million, Robertson's 9.6 Million and Bonderman's 12.5 Million.

This post and the fact that nothing tops great pitching make it an easy choice for me. With that said, I would love to have Verlander and Lee, Imagine that if we get into the playoffs and having those two horses.

+1

Verlander & Haren would be an awesome #1 and 2!

Lee seems to be in it for whoever writes him the biggest check. Haren is also 2 years younger.

If money is the case he will be pitching behind Sabathia as the #2 in NY.

If you think Lee can put your team over the top, you do it. Bottom line. This game we all live and die by is about winning.

Oh, I agree, but, still, if the price is Boesch and the minor league pitcher whose name I have forgotten, you don't do it, in my opinion.

Turner?

The Tigers still have time, but just about anything could happen in a month. If Boesch goes ice cold we may be stumping for a hitter instead of a pitcher like Lee or Haren.

If money is the case he will be pitching behind Sabathia as the #2 in NY.

Wouldn't doubt it....but I would prefer Haren over Lee. I think he is a better pitcher and wouldn't be a rental. Both take a pretty penny to acquire

Why would we ever want to go out and try and get Cliff Lee?

All he did tonight was throw a CG shutout giving up 6 hits, striking out 7 with 0 walks.

I heard somewhere, not sure if it was on BT or the radio, that the Cubs might be shopping Carlos Silva and that the Tigers were in on the talks. We'd pretty much have the entire Team Venezuela...

340x.jpg

I heard somewhere, not sure if it was on BT or the radio, that the Cubs might be shopping Carlos Silva and that the Tigers were in on the talks. We'd pretty much have the entire Team Venezuela...

340x.jpg

never happen

Silva's started throwing a changeup a lot more often and that has led to a bit of his success this season. But he's still Carlos Silva.