Sign in to follow this  
skunkii37

Roster

The full roster should be formally out Wednesday or Thursday, but you'll start hearing more names over the next few days....

So far, the two locks from the draft are PJ Polk and Matt Perry....from EST you're pretty likely to see Luis Palacios, Carmelo Jaime, Chao-Ting Tang, Luis Sanz (pitcher), Rayni Guichardo, Clemente Mendoza, Michael Torrealba, and Kevan Hess there....

The full roster should be formally out Wednesday or Thursday, but you'll start hearing more names over the next few days....

So far, the two locks from the draft are PJ Polk and Matt Perry....from EST you're pretty likely to see Luis Palacios, Carmelo Jaime, Chao-Ting Tang, Luis Sanz (pitcher), Rayni Guichardo, Clemente Mendoza, Michael Torrealba, and Kevan Hess there....

James Robbins, Brett Anderson, Alex Nunez??

Will Anderson play short or 3B..something about that kid I liked.

James Robbins, Brett Anderson??

Will anderson lay short or 3B..something about that kid I liked.

MiLB.com has them both on Connecticut's roster.

Robbins has a chance to go there...though his odds were much better before the Tigers drafted four collegiate first baseman (two of whom will be easy/quick signs in Plagman and Meador)...Robbins hasn't blown the doors off anyone in EST, and its clear he's pretty raw.

Nunez is a candidate as well, though it depends what they opt to do with Corey Jones more than anything....even if they push Jones to West Michigan (which I wouldn't object to), then Sedon comes back down to Connecticut more than likely....Nunez needs ABs, so his placement is going to be purely based on playing time.

Anderson could fall in either spot, and he's likely to play third, short, and second throughout the course of the summer....he's not really a priority guy right now, so he'll fit in where there is a need.

As for Purroy...he's impressed in EST, but he's likely headed for the GCL.

Robbins has a chance to go there...though his odds were much better before the Tigers drafted four collegiate first baseman (two of whom will be easy/quick signs in Plagman and Meador)...Robbins hasn't blown the doors off anyone in EST, and its clear he's pretty raw.

Nunez is a candidate as well, though it depends what they opt to do with Corey Jones more than anything....even if they push Jones to West Michigan (which I wouldn't object to), then Sedon comes back down to Connecticut more than likely....Nunez needs ABs, so his placement is going to be purely based on playing time.

Anderson could fall in either spot, and he's likely to play third, short, and second throughout the course of the summer....he's not really a priority guy right now, so he'll fit in where there is a need.

As for Purroy...he's impressed in EST, but he's likely headed for the GCL.

Good to hear on Purroy and Jones. I am excited for both players.

Definitely. Unfortunately, the home opener for Connecticut isn't until the 26th as they start the season on an eight game road trip.

Mark, any word on Meador's fractured arm and whether he'll be ready for the NYPL opener?

I'll answer my own question. USD assistant coach Jay Johnson told me Meador should be good to go in 3 or 4 weeks. He also mentioned that Meador is a pretty good right fielder, so that might help with the logjam at first base if the Tigers decide to use him in the outfield.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get to a game. The bf and I will be celebrating our 15th (?!) this month but he's not sure he wants to include a baseball game in there. Since he's been battling health problems recently, it'll probably have to be closer to home anyway. Some of my relatives in upstate NY have said they'd be game. It won't be the opener since one of my nephews will be graduating from HS on the 26th. Oh, well.

Hopefully I can get it on radio up here, at least, just in case.

Are you going to any of the games, sb? If so, will you be posting pictures?

I've got the bulk of the CT roster on the roster page over at TigsTown.....More to be added as we learn of them.

I see 5 OF.......does this mean there's a chance we keep Fields in Lakeland or might he be headed to West Michigan when all is settled? Figured with Guez back, he be headed out.

They actually have six outfielders.....if Fields moves, it will likely be to West Michigan, but that's not a sure thing...

Thank you.....I must have missed one, I only counted 5 on your Tigstown roster.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

Joe Perez of the Norwich Bulletin says this is the roster. Mark, can you confirm? I was expecting to see Alexander Nunez is Connecticut.

Here is the link:

Tiger Beat: Updated roster

Pitchers:

Lance Baxter

Josue Carreno

Tyler Clark

Rayni Guichardo

Kevan Hess

Logan Hoch

Patrick Lawson

Matt Little

Clemente Mendoza

Luis Sanz

Brennan Smith

Shawn Teufel

Michael Torrealba

Catchers:

Tyson Kendrick

Infielders:

Brett Anderson

Josh Ashenbrenner

Matt Perry

James Robbins

Ryan Soares

Outfielders:

Ryan Enos

Matt Mansilla

P.J. Polk

Jeff Rowland

Chao-Ting Tang

Londell Taylor

Enos is going to be interesting.

Carreno is another kid I am excited about. Two very solid seasons in the VSL and he is only 19 this year!