Might as well throw TCU's Matt Purke into the mix as well.

The power arms are ridiculous next year:

Gerrit Cole

Taylor Jungman

Matt Purke

Sonny Gray

Daniel Norris

All of these guys would have 1-1 potential if Anthony Rendon (3B) wasn't in this draft. There are also a bunch of HS* and College kids that throw really hard that are a notch down from the above 5:

Dylan Bundy*

Dillon Howard*

Archie Bradley*

Andrew Suarez*

Alex Meyer

Jack Armstrong

Brett Mooneyham

Cecil Tanner

John Stilson

Matt Barnes

Ryan Carpenter

Looking at these guys, it is not a stretch to agree with Law and Callis that the 2011 draft has a chance to be a once-in-a-generation one.

From a position side, other than Rendon (who will be #1 overall), I also am intrigued by HS 3B Travis Harrison and HS OF Dwight Smith. That said, however, I'm not so stoked on the position guys.

The power arms are ridiculous next year:

Gerrit Cole

Taylor Jungman

Matt Purke

Sonny Gray

Daniel Norris

All of these guys would have 1-1 potential if Anthony Rendon (3B) wasn't in this draft. There are also a bunch of HS* and College kids that throw really hard that are a notch down from the above 5:

Dylan Bundy*

Dillon Howard*

Archie Bradley*

Andrew Suarez*

Alex Meyer

Jack Armstrong

Brett Mooneyham

Cecil Tanner

John Stilson

Matt Barnes

Ryan Carpenter

Looking at these guys, it is not a stretch to agree with Law and Callis that the 2011 draft has a chance to be a once-in-a-generation one.

From a position side, other than Rendon (who will be #1 overall), I also am intrigued by HS 3B Travis Harrison and HS OF Dwight Smith. That said, however, I'm not so stoked on the position guys.

If Jungmann pitches well, he might give Rendon a run for his money. A lot of scouts love this kid.

But I agree, it will be a talent-laden draft.

How many times has Cole been drafted?

Once. He was the Yankees' first-round pick in 2008 out of high school.

How much money was he asking for if the Yankee's couldn't get it done?!?

How much money was he asking for if the Yankee's couldn't get it done?!?

IIRC, Cole and the Yankees had talked some over the summer, but in the end, it wasn't about money as much as Cole wanting to go to school.

That name just sounds so familiar. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there a scouting report available to the public for Rendon? Or does anyone have a write up on him?

Matt Purke was drafted in 2009, why would he be eligible for the 2011 draft? Wouldn't it be 2012?

It's because of his age. He's old enough to be draft-eligible as a sophomore.

IIRC, Cole and the Yankees had talked some over the summer, but in the end, it wasn't about money as much as Cole wanting to go to school.

The kid has serious issues upstairs for wanting to go UCLA so much that he passed up millions.

He's going to be a top 5 pick next year. Seems like he just knew his talent level and wanted to go to college.

I'm obviously dealing with a small sample size here, and I wanna go back and look at the tape again, but some kids jumped out to me during tonight's AFLAC game.

Francisco Lindor - Kid looked very speedy.

Phillip Evans - Looked like a classic pest of a SS. On base all game.

Javier Baez - Squared up the ball on a couple of occasions, looked like a good athlete.

Archie Bradley - Hard fastball with good movement, and a sharp curve.

John Magliozzi - Short kid, but big stuff. Fastball hit 97 a couple times, showed a very sharp breaking ball, and also flashed a real nice change.

Henry Owens - Really, really liked this kid. They said he was 6'7, 200, so I'd think he has room to add more velo. As it was, he was hitting 90-94, he threw a big, Gio Gonzalez-style bender from 71-77, and he also threw a couple of very solid straight changes at 80-82, all from the left side. Would gladly take him on the Tigers.

We had a good pickup in Cast. w/o having a 1st round this year. I got faith in DD. Even though I'm still miffed he didn't offer Polanco arbitration last year... Oi vey.