sportz4life

2010 Trade Deadline Possibilities

Is it me, or are the Rangers involved in talks about every single pitcher?

BTW, D-Backs looking to deal Chris Snyder again...lets make it happen.

B/3B Jorge Cantu was traded from the Marlins to the Rangers on Thursday. Texas obtained the right-handed hitter for minor-league pitchers Omar Poveda and Evan Reed. Cantu, who can play both first and third base effectively, has some pop in his bat and is expected to spell Chris Davis at first base initially. The 28-year-old is hitting .262 with 10 home runs and 54 RBIs, numbers that could improve by going from a pitchers' park in Miami to a hitter's park in Arlington. As the Rangers seek to maintain their lead in the American League West, the addition of Cantu might pay big dividends for a small investment.

(Yahoo! Sports)

We surely could have matched this offer and still kept Turner and Oliver.

This only compounds my disappointment with Peralta. Cantu would have been a nice fit for this team.

We surely could have matched this offer and still kept Turner and Oliver.

This only compounds my disappointment with Peralta. Cantu would have been a nice fit for this team.

He really can't play 3B all that well anymore, Rangers got him to back up/share time with Chris Davis IIRC.

Edwin Jackson to the CWS for Daniel Hudson?? not real sure what the CWS are doing there..

Apparently its for Hudson AND another pitching prospect. I'm all for the Twins and White Soxs overpaying for marginal talent.

1:51am: If the two sides were to agree on a deal, the second prospect heading to the D'Backs would also be a pitcher, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter).

1:14am: The White Sox are on the verge of acquiring Jackson, report Rosenthal and Morosi. Chicago would send Hudson and another prospect to the D'Backs in the proposed deal.

What's funny about this trade is that it very well could make the D'Backs the "winner" in the three-way trade. Kennedy, Hudson, and another prospects for Scherzer and Schlereth?

Edited by EchO

Kenny's doing what he's always done... sending a prospect who probably won't amount to much for established players. Then everybody laughs at him.

Kenny's doing what he's always done... sending a prospect who probably won't amount to much for established players. Then everybody laughs at him.

I guess, but I would be hesitant to trade away a guy who is averaging 10.6 K/9 in the minors for Edwin Jackson who hasn't pitched particularly well since the first half of last season.

Yeah..he never makes bad trades..

Hudson is better than Jackson..NOW.

Remove April, May, June 2009 and look at EJ's career arc..he is a sub .500 pitcher with potential and a 4.75-5.00 ERA..in fact, he's Bonderman and Galaragga production, with better stuff.

Hudson is better than Jackson..NOW.

Remove APril, May, June and look at EJ's career arc..he is a sub .500 pitcher with potential and a 4.75-5.00 ERA..

Agreed, not to mention Hudson is only 23 (and he just turned 23 a few months ago). Last year he started in A and ended in AAA pitching well at every stop...I wouldn't trade him for Edwin Jackson, but thats just my opinion.

Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps. I think the Twins sold a bit low.

I think the only way to get anything done with the Nats is to overpay.

As a white sox fan, I am a little confused at Kenny's thinking if in fact he does trade Hudson for Jackson. While Hudson will most likely never be a top of the rotation guy, he is still young and has progressed very quickly. The only thing I can think is that Don Cooper thinks he can make Jackson a lot better.

I am pulling for a Hudson + prospect for Dunn. I think Dunn makes the sox a much better team.

Which is probably true...so why spend so much on a marginal reliever? I really don't think Capps is significantly better than Rauch (or any of their other late-innings guys).

Twins/Nationals Trade Analysis: Matt Capps for Wilson Ramos and Joe Testa | Call to the Pen

I was thinking the exact same thing...but somehow these moves always work for the Twinkies. I hope it blows up in their face.

name them.....

He's done a better job at GM than your boy DD. He has delivered a WS title and another division title. DD has delivered Joe Dumars "Just wait" anticipation.

name them.....

He's done a better job at GM than your boy DD. He has delivered a WS title and another division title. DD has delivered Joe Dumars "Just wait" anticipation.

I actually did some research on Kenny at the start of the year and really his worse trade was the Billy Koch deal. Depending on what happens with Peavy...I guess you might be able to add that to the list.

But really, he hasn't made that many bad trades...which I found surprising.

I was thinking the exact same thing...but somehow these moves always work for the Twinkies. I hope it blows up in their face.

Until the first round of the playoffs.

The Jackson interest by the Nats and Chi Sox has me puzzled. Looks like damaged goods to me.

His 5 starts before the 149 pitch no hitter - 36 innings with a 2.99 ERA

His 5 starts after the 149 pitch no hitter - 27 innings with a 7.24 ERA

The Jackson interest by the Nats and Chi Sox has me puzzled. Looks like damaged goods to me.

His 5 starts before the 149 pitch no hitter - 36 innings with a 2.99 ERA

His 5 starts after the 149 pitch no hitter - 27 innings with a 7.24 ERA

I suppose Hinch would have been pilloried if he had pulled him at 125 pitches that day, but it probably would have been the right call.

Weren't the Mariners asking for Ramos for Cliff Lee a month ago and the Twins said no to that?

I believe tey wanted Ramos, Aaron Hicks, and another big name prospect.

name them.....

Yup... that's the only way to judge a GM! There's no luck involved at all.

Do you think MIke Ilitch would rather the success that Kenny Williams had or the success that Dave Dombrowski's had?

The point is I don't get the mocking by certain people of Williams combined with the unnatural love for Dombrowski. They act like Williams is a fool and Dombrowski's Mother Theresa.

certain posters have biases. Williams has done a good job with Chicago. Dombrowski has done ok with Detroit after 2006. Some great moves and some terrible.