sportz4life

2010 Trade Deadline Possibilities

Cool just as a I say that

Jon Paul Morosi (who) is saying the Tigers may be in the lead with a package centered around Rick Porcello.

Porcello for 3 months of Cliff Lee and even if we get in the playoffs we have to get past the Yankees who are still better than us, sounds awesome

I like to think Dombrowski would make sure that Lee gets extended if he does this.

Jon Paul Morosi (who) is saying the Tigers may be in the lead with a package centered around Rick Porcello.

Porcello for 3 months of Cliff Lee and even if we get in the playoffs we have to get past the Yankees who are still better than us, sounds awesome

Is this a twitter? Where did you read this?

It was a message board post taken from some new york writers twitter, so quite possible they're just making something up because the Yankees didn't get him

at least I hope so

It was a message board post taken from some new york writers twitter, so quite possible they're just making something up because the Yankees didn't get him

at least I hope so

Oh, well, Morosi wrote this in his article:

The Tigers are reluctant to part with Porcello for a two- or three-month rental. It’s more plausible that they would move him for a pitcher who would be under control for multiple seasons beyond 2010.

So, hopefully that's the case. :ermm:

it's also possible they are mixing up his reports on Haren and Lee.

Cliff Lee

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the "Mariners are backing off" the Yankees' offer for Cliff Lee and that it doesn't look like the "Yankees are in it."

Shocking if true, since it seemed like a done deal all afternoon. The Mariners were believed to be receiving Jesus Montero, David Adams and Zach McAllister for Lee. Sherman says the Mariners were concerned about Adams' ankle and that another team has stepped up with a big offer.

MLB Radio just said:

Yankees not getting Lee as of now. Another team has entered the fray with an aggressive offer.

now saying that the Mariners have pulled the offer from the table, two favorites are Twins or Rangers. This from MLB Radio

Mariners/Yankee's deal has fallen apart and is off the table.

What would Lee want in a FA contract? DD has said that he's not sure if a team should carry 3 high priced players, meaning guys in Verlander/Cabrera's category. And I'd be especially reluctant to carry 3 if 2 of them were pitchers.

MLB Radio just said:

Yankees not getting Lee as of now. Another team has entered the fray with an aggressive offer.

now saying that the Mariners have pulled the offer from the table, two favorites are Twins or Rangers. This from MLB Radio

Mariners/Yankee's deal has fallen apart and is off the table.

As long as it's not the Tigers.

Go Texas!

Would anybody think that Lee would be the #1 over Verlander?

He would be the LeBron to Verlander's Wade.

MLB Radio said they are hearing Rangers may be the team.

This makes sense. Financially Lee fits their current budget/ownership issues. They would get a pick when Lee goes to NY next year and they have enough prospects to pull it off.

A painful fire. Skin melting and everything.

That makes me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for some reason.

That makes me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for some reason.

Cool movie.

From rotoworld.

Joel Sherman says he's hearing the "Rangers are working really hard" on Cliff Lee now.

A Lee trade would be a much bigger gamble for the Rangers than the Yankees, considering that they'd face far longer odds in re-signing him this winter and they'd be far from locks to reach the World Series even with an ace at the top of their rotation. If the Mariners had the chance to get Jesus Montero from the Yankees and didn't take it, they're likely to insist on Justin Smoak and more from Texas.

What would Lee want in a FA contract? DD has said that he's not sure if a team should carry 3 high priced players, meaning guys in Verlander/Cabrera's category. And I'd be especially reluctant to carry 3 if 2 of them were pitchers.

20MM for 5/7 years

My heart skipped a beat on that one. Not sure I could handle being a GM making those sort of decisions.