Alex

Casey Crosby?

I have missed out on what has happened here - Is he on the DL? and if so any projected return time?

Thanks mucho. Hopefully Mr. Crosby will be Pitching befor long...

Micro said he is throwing knee to knee which is really a modified bullpen session. I imagine he will be throwing full bullpens shortly..2-3 weeks until game action without any setbacks.

Nice, except that Henning wrote this so it's more fluff than informative. And I'd rather fly in a member from ABBA to assess Crosby than have Rand within 100 miles from him.

OT: ABBA reference...

A couple of nights ago on the Twins pregame (Dick Bremer is the longtime PBP guy, Bert Blyleven, Roy Smalley and local TV guy). They got to talking about how the Indians had fallen on hard times -- then one of them mentioned that the final indignity for Cleveland was that ABBA was about to be inducted into R&R HOF. It was pretty funny to hear the old hard rocker ballplayers going ballistic over that prospect.....

Local reports say Crosby is able to throw comfortably and with no pain in the low 90's.

I think Mark said in the podcast that he has regained his mid 90s velocity.

Could you summarize what was said?

Throwing bullpens again..

"Healthy & Strong"

If Mark had the news of today back in November he would have a much higher prospect ranking...

Quite a bit more than that...about 5-6 mins of discussion.

Throwing bullpens again..

"Healthy & Strong"

If Mark had the news of today back in November he would have a much higher prospect ranking...

Quite a bit more than that...about 5-6 mins of discussion.

Thank you.

That's the first time I've ever heard a podcast from those guys. I know Mark is here, obviously, but is Paul? I have to know before I start going on about how his fake-contentiousness really wore on me.

But it was great to hear about Crosby. I really hope that his woes are largely behind him. He's got a long way to go, but it'd be nice to have another guy on the Oliver level at some point, maybe next season.

That's the first time I've ever heard a podcast from those guys. I know Mark is here, obviously, but is Paul? I have to know before I start going on about how his fake-contentiousness really wore on me.

Yes, I'm pretty sure. I liked the podcast. I just wish I didn't have to sit through 11 minutes of weather dialog before we got to the baseball... But I plan to air that grievance directly to Micro, in addition to my diatribe about roster management and losing Dusty Ryan.

But it was great to hear about Crosby. I really hope that his woes are largely behind him. He's got a long way to go, but it'd be nice to have another guy on the Oliver level at some point, maybe next season.

You should've heard the one podcast where they yelled at each other about team finances for a good 20 minutes.

If Paul posts on here, I certainly haven't heard about it.

It is weird seeing a thread with Sportz in it.

What exactly happened to him? I don't post too frequently, but in my brief run-ins with him, he came off as quite...feisty.

Also, the Crosby news is great to hear, but I'm not gonna get too excited until he hits 125 IP this year.

He got a little too ... feisty ...

My theory is that he liked to post after downing a few rounds of courage, but obviously I can't prove that.

EDIT: Or he could have fallen into a habit of getting a bit too bold behind the cloak of being somewhat anonymous here. I know there are times when I can forget who my audience is.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Wouldn't a healthy Crosby be considered a big jump up from an Oliver?

Wouldn't a healthy Crosby be considered a big jump up from an Oliver?

This is what I was thinking as well... Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Crosby's upside was higher than Oliver's.

Any word on where Crosby might start the season?