Shinma

Thats all, folks.

...and that was the last NHL game I watch this year.

I have absolutely no interest in the rest of the playoffs.

Honestly at this point I don't even know who's left in it besides Philly.

One of Chicago, or SJ will be going to the finals. Thats pretty much all you need to know.

San Jose is going to the cup finals, and will beat any of those dusty teams left in the East.

Canucks will make up for the travesty of '09 and win in Chicago.. and win in 7.

Canucks will make up for the travesty of '09 and win in Chicago.. and win in 7.

LOL. You mean Vigneault has decided to yank Loseongo and start Raycroft from here on?

I'm enjoying the hell out of a really exciting post season and will follow it closely until the end.

It was fun posting in game threads with all of you this year. I anxiously await Lidstrom's decision and who they add along with Hudler. Have a good offseason.

Still alot of playoffs and I'll be in there till the end. Would still like to see the Canucks & Philly make it intesting and Montreal is still in there. They've done a remarkable job to this point. My bet is on Chicago / SJS and Pits / Boston in the conference finals, but I haven't given up yet on either Vancouver or Philly yet.

Thanks Shinma for another year of GDTs...I am shaving today and it is the end for me too..Pistons and Wings out, time for Tigers!!! as long as the Pens don't make it, I will be happy, oh wait, can't have the Blackhawks either..

So did the trip to Sweden take anything out of them?

I don't think so. The Game 7 in Phoenix was costlier than a trip to Sweden in October. Instead of being off from late Sunday afternoon until Thursday evening, they had to play Tuesday night and then again 2 nights later.

In the past 5 years, Detroit has the best cumulative regular season record in the NHL. San Jose is #2. SJ had home ice advantage and made shorter work of their 1st round opponent. The positive vibes from Team Canada's gold may have boosted Thornton-Marleau-Heatley. It's simply the Sharks' turn. One reason I'm hoping the Sharks win the Cup is because if they do, perhaps they'll have a letdown next year - otherwise they'll be even hungrier next year.

Thanks Shinma for another year of GDTs...I am shaving today and it is the end for me too..Pistons and Wings out, time for Tigers!!! as long as the Pens don't make it, I will be happy, oh wait, can't have the Blackhawks either..

Nice that the Tigers are still in it and are off to a decent start. I remember some past years in which by the time the Wings' season finished the Tigers were in deep holes like Baltimore and the White Sox already are this year.

Now living in the SF Bay Area, there is no way I can root for San Jose. The Sharks fans are insufferable in their hatred and belittling of Detroit as a city and the Red Wings as a team. F*ck them. I will hold my nose and cheer for the Blackhawks and even the Pens over the Sharks.

^^ Well, Sharks fans did pull a trick from Colorado and cheer when their own team iced the puck. They are morons, as most west coast and southern fans are regarding hockey.

I am rooting for the Original 6 teams to win the Cup this year. Can't stand the Sharks, hate Crosby so the other 4 teams need to win. Preferably Boston, Montreal, or Chicago, even though I do not like Chicago much at all.

...and that was the last NHL game I watch this year.

I have absolutely no interest in the rest of the playoffs.

Yes, ba,be,ba, be -- That's all folks!

:grin:

You're welcome...

I'm thinking about some changes for next year.

As for the NHL, the only thing that could salvage the rest of the season for me is Boston beating Chicago in the finals, thus proving the Hossa curse, and the Toewsmanbearpig curse.

You're welcome...

I'm thinking about some changes for next year.

As for the NHL, the only thing that could salvage the rest of the season for me is Boston beating Chicago in the finals, thus proving the Hossa curse, and the Toewsmanbearpig curse.

I have a feeling that's not going to happen since the Bruins lost both Sturm and Krejci....

See you next year, Shinma!

Yep, this is a great forum, spearheaded by Shinma. Maybe only a couple of dozen of us that post regularly, but all of us care about the Wings and the sport. I hope we still give the impression of being welcoming to new posters, I know like the fresh perspective additions bring.

The Wings looked like an older team that had been to the finals two straight years. Nothing wrong with that. But now we see where things go in the offseason.

1. How much do the pay Lidstrom (if he stays)?

2. Who will be the backup goalie? (ain't gonna be Osgood)

3. Who's going to be the next wave of scorers?

4. Who is retiiring?

5. How much do they have for free agency?

I'm rooting for the Habs -- O-6, anniversary year, plucky, Michigan-star led, and up against the hated Pens (as well as even worse ref-ing than the Wings faced). True, Montreal fans can be royal derrieres -- but at least they know their hockey (unlike the brainless surferdudes who filled the arena in northern california).

The Wings looked like an older team that had been to the finals two straight years. Nothing wrong with that. But now we see where things go in the offseason.

1. How much do the pay Lidstrom (if he stays)?

2. Who will be the backup goalie? (ain't gonna be Osgood)

3. Who's going to be the next wave of scorers?

4. Who is retiiring?

5. How much do they have for free agency?

imho, the Wings downfall this year (aside from a rookie goalie in the playoffs, whom I trust coming back), was their vulnerability to big power forwards like Thornton (and, perhaps Kane). The Lidstrom/Stuart/Rafalski/Kronwall model of D is to start the puck-possession approach, and they can still beat anyone who tries to play that game. For all the talk about McLellan implementing puck possession, the Shark's big strength was in winning battles in the corners and behind the nets. What the Wings need is a big hulking D-first, defender. any available?

I'm not a big hockey fan, but as disappointing as the playoffs were for the wings...they'll be back, it's just their nature.

I'm not that upset, i mean they won two last decade..so...go wings for next year.