Mr. Bigglesworth

MTS Tiger Game - Sat. August 21 vs. Indians (7:05 PM)

The seating poll has been completed, and Infield/Outfield Box areas were chosen as the preferred area.

Tickets will be $26 a ticket. Please PM me the following information if you plan on attending:

a) How many tickets you would like (non MTS members are welcome to attend), and

b) if you have a preference for infield or outfield upper box seats.

I'll probably bump this thread once a week for the next few weeks just to make sure everyone has had a change to see it and respond. Other than that, I plan on handling everything using PM from now on, so as to not to have active threads that only a few are interested in. That written, if you have a question / comment that you think should be put to the group, please feel free to post it here.

EDIT: If a moderator could correct the spelling in the title to 'Indians', I'd be obliged.

EDIT: If a moderator could correct the spelling in the title to 'Indians', I'd be obliged.

What, we're not going to see the Inidians after all? :cheeky:

I hope I can make it! I might have to go to a wedding. :cry:

BUMP

As of now, I have had only one poster PM indicating they would like to go to the game. If you have an interest in attending, please shoot me a PM, otherwise I will presume there isn't interest in a MTS group game. I'll keep bumping this thread for the next week and a half or so.

Might not hurt to see about getting this thread pinned for a short while? We are getting a lot of threads of late, which is understandable.

Bump.

I have 2 PMs so far, so a if you have an interest in attending, please let me know as soon as possible, otherwise I will presume there is inadequate interest to hold the event.

Also, if if it is possible for mods to pin this thread for the next week or so, I would be appreciative.

What will be the minimum number of people to make it an "event"? If it's not a full-blown event, a group could still go just because we want to go to a ballgame. Count me in either way.

What will be the minimum number of people to make it an "event"? If it's not a full-blown event, a group could still go just because we want to go to a ballgame. Count me in either way.

We need 15 tickets to qualify for group seating. Yourself and myself included, I have 6 tickets accounted for.

If I don't receive any more PMs, I had planned on asking those who have sent me a PM if they would like to go to the game in question as a small group as opposed to a MTS outing.

why did people vote for this date and price range if they didn't plan on going? That's kind of rude. I'm sure Biggs put some effort into coordinating this so far. If you are planning on attending please let him know.

(I can't commit because Saturdays are bad for me and I'm already going on the 20th)

Yet another bump. Please let Mr. Biggs know by the 16th if you can join us on 8/21,

sounds like a fun event. Wifey and I will definitely go regardless.

a bigger man perhaps, smarter....well....:wink:

Come on people, get out from behind those keyboards and meet some fellow Motown Morons in person. I can attest that I have made some life longs friends on the board, you can too.

Let's not be shy, I do not bite......well not often:cool: Well on second thought it is a night game, better check the Moon.

We are at 9 tickets. Need 6 more to qualify as a group...

Still at 9 tickets.

I don't think we will qualify as a group.

I will send out PMs to the interested parties to confirm everything and move forward. If anyone else has an interest in attending, shoot me a PM in the next day or two, otherwise I am liable to buy the tickets based on the current count.

why did people vote for this date and price range if they didn't plan on going? That's kind of rude. I'm sure Biggs put some effort into coordinating this so far. If you are planning on attending please let him know.

(I can't commit because Saturdays are bad for me and I'm already going on the 20th)

I agree it can be rude, but sometimes things come up to change people's circumstances. That's what's happened to me. I would love to go and I can easily afford a night at the ballpark, but my wife is very ill. While she should be OK by the time this game comes around, I can't take the chance on leaving her alone for an entire evening. So while I did vote and I do want to go, I have to set my priorities. Sorry if that's rude but she comes ahead of anything else.

Man, I would love to go to this. I'll be back in the Midwest by August. Hopefully St. Louis. But I don't know enough about my schedule so far to know for sure.

I agree it can be rude, but sometimes things come up to change people's circumstances. That's what's happened to me. I would love to go and I can easily afford a night at the ballpark, but my wife is very ill. While she should be OK by the time this game comes around, I can't take the chance on leaving her alone for an entire evening. So while I did vote and I do want to go, I have to set my priorities. Sorry if that's rude but she comes ahead of anything else.
Hope she's good as new, soon !!!

Man, I would love to go to this. I'll be back in the Midwest by August. Hopefully St. Louis. But I don't know enough about my schedule so far to know for sure.

Out of curiousity, when do you think you would know your schedule well enough to be able to commit one way or the other?

There really isn't any pressing reason why I need to purchase tickets now - I could probably hold off on buying tickets for a month or a month and a half from now and still have no problems getting a block of tickets together.

General question to the board - if I were to wait a bit on buying tickets, would any of you potentially change your mind about going? If so, please comment so I can gauge whether it makes sense to hold off on buying tickets for the time being. Thanks.

By all means take care of your wife. I doubt anyone would think it rude to do so, but if they did, well, their opinion on that topic isn't worth a hill of beans.

I hope all goes well for you and yours.

Out of curiousity, when do you think you would know your schedule well enough to be able to commit one way or the other?

There really isn't any pressing reason why I need to purchase tickets now - I could probably hold off on buying tickets for a month or a month and a half from now and still have no problems getting a block of tickets together.

General question to the board - if I were to wait a bit on buying tickets, would any of you potentially change your mind about going? If so, please comment so I can gauge whether it makes sense to hold off on buying tickets for the time being. Thanks.

More likely to be a month and a half...but don't wait around for me. I mean, I'm going back to school, and I could either be in Madison, Minneapolis, Urbana-Champaign or St. Louis depending on waitlist activity this summer. I've always wanted to make a trip out to Comerica to meet some of the people on this forum, but I don't even know where I will be living yet. That weekend is perfect if I were to do this, though, because it's a week before school starts at most schools. I may be on a road trip out that way anyways, too.

I just have too many intangibles right now to ask anyone to count on me. But I think more people might decide to come once it gets closer to the actual date.

It is still possible to get tickets for the MTS Tigers game.

I plan on purchasing tickets sometime over the next two weeks, so shoot me a PM if you haven't already and you have an interest.

We currently have 12 attendees and 15 are required to qualify as a group / have our name on the scoreboard.

I promise to not pick my nose and to wear almost clean underwears that day, so sign up already. No guarantees are given about not farting, though.