lionstigersand...

MSU '10-'11 Basketball

Some news on the non-conference schedule front:

The 'return home contest' (in our 4 game deal) from Texas is a go, and MSU received word that our match-up in the Jimmy V. Classic will be Syracuse (@MSG on Dec. 7th, I believe). These games in addition to another potential match-up with Gonzaga (in Spokane as I understand it), and our participation in the Maui Classic, which after a fairly soft '09 field (by Maui standards) returns in 2010 with MSU, UCONN, Oklahoma, Washington, Kentucky. Also sounds like ESPN will try and "engineer" a MSU/Duke game for their respective slots in the ACC/B10 Challenge - which would probably take place @Cameron.

Should all shape up to be another quality non-conference slate for the program and fans both...

Holy **** - that'd be ridiculous.

Basically we might have Texas, Syracuse, Gonzaga, Duke and the Maui Invitational (w/ that ridiculous field)? Wowzers - that is just an unbelievable schedule.

Edited by monkeynuts

Gonna be one hell of team.

I'll be in Maui then and I know I'll definitely fight to watch the Classic. By fighting, I mean going out the nights before and encouraging the GF to drive the drinks into herself... even if I plan on proposing. Hell, what's not to like about a Maui proposal during the Classic even if I'm a Purdue guy.

Edited by jonjd

Suttons Bay Wing, Dwaun Anderson verballed to MSU (2011) this afternoon. Young man has a little Mo Pete in him - hopefully this one works out as well as that one did.

Is the Zog gone? His fb profile (yeah yeah) says hes going to UCF next year.

And later:

Thanks. I enjoyed my time at MSU, but I'm graduating and have one more year to play, so I'm going down to UCF

I'm guessing (read: hoping) The Zeigler knew this was coming before his commitment to the chippewas.

Does this scholly go to someone like Austin Thornton now?

Is the Zog gone? His fb profile (yeah yeah) says hes going to UCF next year.

And later:

I'm guessing (read: hoping) The Zeigler knew this was coming before his commitment to the chippewas.

Does this scholly go to someone like Austin Thornton now?

Yeah I was gonna mention that but totally forgot. Wish nothing but the best for Herzog, a great young man from everything I've heard and read.

Scholarship will either go to Thornton or be shared between he and Kebler.

Incidentally, as Izzo confirmed today, there is another player that is looking at possibly transferring. The rumors have all centered on Korie Lucious or Chris Allen - but I'm pretty sure it's Lucious.

Edited by lionstigersand...

Yeah I was gonna mention that but totally forgot. Wish nothing but the best for Herzog, a great young man from everything I've heard and read.

Scholarship will either go to Thornton or be shared between he and Kebler.

Incidentally, as Izzo confirmed today, there is another player that is looking at possibly transferring. The rumors have all centered on Korie Lucious or Chris Allen - but I'm pretty sure it's Lucious.

I have to think it's Lucious as well. My train of thought is that he finally got exposure with Lucas' injury and now thinks that he has proven enough that he should run a team (which I would disagree with). He still has two years of elgibility left so that would make sense. Kid is also cocky as hell and thinks he's a lot better than he is.

Allen...I don't see that as even possible. One year left and he's a starter...makes no sense.

Lastly, looks like MSU @ Duke may be a done deal.

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Gonna be one hell of team.

I'll be in Maui then and I know I'll definitely fight to watch the Classic. By fighting, I mean going out the nights before and encouraging the GF to drive the drinks into herself... even if I plan on proposing. Hell, what's not to like about a Maui proposal during the Classic even if I'm a Purdue guy.

Just noticed this - good luck, brother.

Also, the lower bowl of the Izzone will be flipped, putting it opposite of television cameras so viewers will see a “sea of white” as Hollis described it, rather than the section of recruits and parents, which is currently visible.

I totally suggested this to Izzo years ago.......

Anyway, I just hope it looks like Cameron, and not Crisler. At Crisler, it looks good...until you get behind of the opponents bench, and you see a bunch of people in the middle of your student section cheering for the other team and wearing their colors. It looks kinda whack.

I guess its still better than not seeing them at all though. I like the change. Might give the izzone more of the props they really deserve (in my not so humble opinion :).

The State News : Hollis discusses Breslin Center seat adjustment at media briefing

Sounds as though the entire MSU roster will be back for the upcoming season. There were some rumors regarding a couple players, but everyone, as of this week, will be back in the fold for 2010-'11.

Sounds as though the entire MSU roster will be back for the upcoming season. There were some rumors regarding a couple players, but everyone, as of this week, will be back in the fold for 2010-'11.

I'll believe Chris Allen will be a Spartan, when he runs on the floor..

I'll believe Chris Allen will be a Spartan, when he runs on the floor..

Yeah, I guess on some show a few nights ago he said he was 100% coming back and ready to win a national championship. I'll take it.

Yeah, I guess on some show a few nights ago he said he was 100% coming back and ready to win a national championship. I'll take it.

It's not that I don't believe he is back now..but based upon his behavior, espcially from Jan 2010 on..I have reservations he can make it to Nov without screwing up academically or adhering to off court team rules.

Michigan State picked up its first 2012 commitment today, as Kenny Kaminski, a forward from Media, OH; selected the Spartans (over offers from: IU, OSU, UM, UW etc...). A very versatile (inside/outside) talent, Kaminski is 6'7", 190 entering his junior year, and is a player Izzo certainly had his eyes on from jump-street. Nice start to 2012.

geared more towards 2012, but Kenny Kaminski, 6-7 F out of Ohio chooses Sparty over tOSU, good get for Izzo.....I hate you Kenny

Chris Allen will not be returning to the basketball team. Would have been nice to have his defense on this team, but I would never argue with Izzo. Allen didn't live up to Izzo's requirements, so thats that.

Stand-up quote from Allen in the DetNews too.

Unfortunate for the young man and the team. His perimeter game (offensively and defensively) will be missed. Welcome to an an even bigger role Mr. Appling!

Wow - wasn't a surprise, but still very interesting.

That is really a fascinating quote from Allen...took it like a man. Izzo runs that program so damn well.