Lord Silverkat

it's "PizzaPuss'" fault

Blame the right person, BLAME "PIZZA PUSS"

Amazing how Pizza Puss hires Dombrowski to fire Garner & Smith, to take himself out of the limelight and deflect the blame.

Okay, just what has PizzaPuss accomplished since he bought the team.....?

hes pretty much made every baseball fan mad. maybe that was his goal for never making it in baseball?

I put this post in another one ealier but this thread is more appropriate.

Illitch isn't the problem. You can tell me anything you want, but answer this one for me. Why would Illitch run the Red Wings completely different then the Tigers?

The Wings were in the same boat as the Tigers when Illitch took over. The biggest difference is the Wings had Jimmy D compared to Randy Smith with the Tigers. Jimmy D is a master scout on talent but was a bad GM. Illitch didn't dump Jimmy D but instead changed his duties and along comes Bryan Murphy. The guy could make great trades but sucked as a motivator. Hence they never went far in the playoffs. Finally, Scotty Bowman comes in and the Wings go to the finals and win the Stanely Cup 2 years later. Now Scotty coaches and Ken Holland makes the trades with Jimmy D still in the background. The Wings are the best in Hockey.

Illitch took over the Wings in 83 and they won it in 97. That's a 14 year difference. The point I'm making is Illitch through trial and error finally achieve the ultimate prize with the Wings. If anybody believes that this is not his goal with the Tigers. Then I'll be amazed. I'll admit Illitch had more of a hands on when he took over the Tigers because baseball was his boy hood love, but I think he sees that error.

You can't seriously believe Ilitch is somehow intentionally keeping this team down. I admit he's made mistakes (Randy Smith), but he is trying to correct them. It makes no sense for him not to try to do his best to get this team to win, The more they win, the more people come to the games, the more he can pay on that loan for the stadium. I've said it before an I'll say it again there is a vicious circle that needs to be broken before this problem is fixed. Ilitch won't spend money until he starts drawing more at Comerica, he won't start drawing more at Comerica until they start winning and they won't start winning until Ilitch starts to spend more. I'm for one think Dombrowski will help him see the light and he'll eventually open up that wallet.

I've kind of been waiting for this thread, so here goes. Illitch is the owner and is ultimately at fault for the state of the orginization but IMO it has nothing to do with money, effort or intent. While he is the one who is in charge of putting in place the people to run the franchise, and thus far he has shown himself to be not very good at this aspect. But he has gotten a new stadium built and has a payroll of over 55 million which if it was spent right is plenty and if he thought it would pay divedends both on the field and to the bottom line he most definitely would. I think if anything let Randy Smith spend that much money is mistake, why should he waste good money by letting an incompetent GM spend it. I have full faith that once Illitch finds a GM that he can trust to spend money wisely he will spend plenty of money. I just hope that man is Dombrowski. I totally agree with emj and the Wings, Illitch has a track record it is a completely valid comparison.

Hey Emj :

I only have one comment ....

you may be absolutely right with what you say --

however, in the meantime, while Mr. Moneybags Illitch

practices a baseball team owner, we are expected to

pay and pay and pay and pay and pay year after year

for a team that's merely a minor league team in major league

clothing.

that simply isn't fair, or right -- and the fans are now show

their disdain by not attending the games.

what is wrong with this picture?

Jimmy D.'s first move was drafting Yzerman. Who is our Yzerman? Probably some junior in high school somewhere.