froggyvk

2011 NFL Draft

So unless the Lions trade up again they don't have a pick for a while. I assume the 7th rounder will be BPA regardless of position. That being said, I'm happy with the draft. I hope that Houge plays well enough at WLB all season, he's supposedly pretty good in space? The d-line should should give him plenty of it so he won't have to worry about too many blockers...

2 things...

1) Assuming makes an *** out of you and me. ***-u-me

2) So fullback or punter???

xD

McElroy to the Jets. Did the family have helmets of every team? That Jets helmet popped up pretty quick.

McElroy to the Jets. Did the family have helmets of every team? That Jets helmet popped up pretty quick.

I was thinking the same thing, kind of crazy how quickly these familys get up helmets/hats for the whole family/etc/

Thought they'd probably go Mims or Culbreath there. Both high ceiling bigs that didn't play against top competition. Hopefully Culbreath comes in and doesn't suck.

Detroit likes players we have already looked at. Going from this list' date=' I expect our 7th round pick to be either:

OT David Mims (Virginia Union)

or

OT Johnny Culbreath (South Carolina State)[/quote']

heyo

This guy has a really high ceiling. Small school but dominated and has the body and measurables. Need tape. The Lions hit on Sammie they may here too.

Now, if he has the skills. . .

Culbreatth: "I've got good footwork. I understand leverage real good being a wrestler in high school. I've got my aggressiveness. I play the game like a bully. You've got to be a bully and push people around. That’s what I am on the field.”

Johnny Culbreath Q&A | National Football Post

Watching ESPN's coverage, the crawl at the bottom has a Nationwide poll, the Lions were voted best draft by a long ways, 31% of the vote say the Lions won the draft.

I find it interesting that according to NFL Fan Ballots on NFL.com, the only two teams that receiving an 'A' grade for round 1 were Detroit and New Orleans. Arizona taking Peterson got an A-.

http://challengegames.nfl.com/fanballot

Edited by stevie-y
included link

Lions selected South Carolina State T/G Johnny Culbreath with the No. 209 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

Culbreath was a relatively unheard of prospect, but he catapulted himself onto the NFL radar with a 4.92 forty at 6-foot-5, 322 pounds at the South Carolina Pro Day. Also a decent small-school prospect when 40-yard dash times aren't involved, Culbreath was the 2009 Lineman of the Year in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. He's an enormous, but certainly worthwhile developmental project.

Fantasy Football player news, injuries and analysis - Rotoworld.com

Does anyone else think that having free agency start after the draft this year will actually benefit the Lions?

It just allows potential free agents to see even more that this organization is moving in the right direction and will be good in the coming years. The Detroit Lions have been ALL the buzz this weekend.

Detroit likes players we have already looked at. Going from this list' date=' I expect our 7th round pick to be either:

OT David Mims (Virginia Union)

or

OT Johnny Culbreath (South Carolina State)[/quote']

Good call.

Does anyone else think that having free agency start after the draft this year will actually benefit the Lions?

It just allows potential free agents to see even more that this organization is moving in the right direction and will be good in the coming years. The Detroit Lions have been ALL the buzz this weekend.

If Im a FA LB or corner Im drooling for a chance to make plays behind that DL. Gonna be alot of hurried throws and bad decisions available to pounce on.

If Im a FA LB or corner Im drooling for a chance to make plays behind that DL. Gonna be alot of hurried throws and bad decisions available to pounce on.

I wonder if Calvin would take a little less on an extension if we signed Asomugha