froggyvk

2011 NFL Draft

They won't draft a QB in the first round. I'll just go ahead and guarantee that. If fact, if anybody wants to bet anything on that, I'll take that bet. Right now, it's a two horse race between Prince and PP, and I've got PP well ahead right now. It would be close if they run comparable 40's, but I don't think that will happen. PP's size and speed combo hasn't entered the league as a CB since Rod Woodson.

I'd love to get Peterson. The limited times I've seen him, I've been really impressed. If we got him, do you think they'd use him as a returner at all. Him and Logan back there on kick returns would be a nice combo in my mind.

They won't draft a QB in the first round. I'll just go ahead and guarantee that. If fact, if anybody wants to bet anything on that, I'll take that bet. Right now, it's a two horse race between Prince and PP, and I've got PP well ahead right now. It would be close if they run comparable 40's, but I don't think that will happen. PP's size and speed combo hasn't entered the league as a CB since Rod Woodson.

You said PP....hehe...all joking aside, I have Prince a little higher right now. The combine will help sort out the athletics because both are very similar in that regard. I have heard that Peterson runs in the 4.3s, but I'll believe it when I see it, Prince has been clocked at 4.45. They're both great press man corners, which is what we need, and both have amazing size to go with their speed. I just like Prince in run support better, he's much more aggresive and I love football players (especially corners) who don't shy away from contact. Prince has a high ceiling I believe, he's only been playing corner for 3 years I believe.

I'd love anyone's impression of these players;

Mason Foster , LB , Washington

Jay Valai , S , Wisconsin

I don't see First round picks but perhaps later in the draft for the Lions.

The idea that Andrew Luck is the next coming of John Elway is also ludicrous.

And the idea that you know more about quarterbacks than NFL scouts is also ludicrous. This is supposedly what scouts are saying. We will know more when the season is done.

Does anyone have a monster left tackle in the top five or does he not exist this season? I have always heard the Lions can fix the left side of their line by drafting a left tackle and moving Backus to guard.

Anthony Castonzo

Nate Solder

Gabe Carimi

Edited by nd1377

Does anyone have a monster left tackle in the top five or does he not exist this season? I have always heard the Lions can fix the left side of their line by drafting a left tackle and moving Backus to guard.

Anthony Castonzo

Nate Solder

Gabe Carimi

I'm not sure there is one in the Top 5, none of these guys are projected as LT...strictly RT's !

might be a dumb question but what makes a right tackle different from the left besides the obvious?

might be a dumb question but what makes a right tackle different from the left besides the obvious?

Footwork, technique, hand punch, knee bend.... not bent at the waist, speed, balance, the better the pass blocker....the better the left tackle. A right tackle..for the most part is a more powerful drive blocker but can move to block a pass rusher. If He can't move well, they move Him to guard !

I'd love anyone's impression of these players;

Mason Foster , LB , Washington

Jay Valai , S , Wisconsin

I don't see First round picks but perhaps later in the draft for the Lions.

Pac10 fans may disagree on many things but I think we're all in agreement that Mason Foster is a baller. Total stud linebacker.

Take Rodney Hudson in the second round, he can come in and replace Peterman right away

How hard is it going to be to dump Peterman after signing him to a 5 year deal in 09?

How hard is it going to be to dump Peterman after signing him to a 5 year deal in 09?

I dont know but I cant stand to watch him start for another year

I dont know but I cant stand to watch him start for another year

He's playing injured, I believe its a bum foot.

Pac10 fans may disagree on many things but I think we're all in agreement that Mason Foster is a baller. Total stud linebacker.

I've only seen him twice and came to the same conclusion....He is certainly worth watching to see where his draft rating may be. He'd look good in Honolulu blue !

Take Rodney Hudson in the second round, he can come in and replace Peterman right away

Is Rodney Hudson big enough ? I'm not sure if the measurements Florida State lists is accurate.

Is Rodney Hudson big enough ? I'm not sure if the measurements Florida State lists is accurate.

He is a legit 6'2" if you ask me, his weight is listed between 277 and 290, Warchant has him at 288 (which I think they updated at start of season). Some say he is in the 290s now

However is really quick and has great balance. He is about to be a 3 time all-acc o-lineman and he had an argument to make it his freshman year as well. Here is one sites comments about this

2011 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Rodney Hudson, Florida St. | NFL Mocks | Covering the 2011 NFL Draft & Your #1 NFL Mock Draft Database

Thoughts:

Hudson has the intangibles to overcome his size concerns. He is a great leader and a hard worker and should improve every year. NFL teams that are looking for a more athletic interior lineman will be thrilled to select Hudson. The concerns about his size and strength are warranted but shouldn’t result in a major drop for Hudson come draft day.

Projected Round:

Right now Hudson is in the 2nd round range.

I also think Hudson may be able to play Center if needed.

Edited by Johnny Mac

He is a legit 6'2" if you ask me, his weight is listed between 277 and 290, Warchant has him at 288 (which I think they updated at start of season). Some say he is in the 290s now

However is really quick and has great balance. He is about to be a 3 time all-acc o-lineman and he had an argument to make it his freshman year as well. He is one sites comments about this

2011 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Rodney Hudson, Florida St. | NFL Mocks | Covering the 2011 NFL Draft & Your #1 NFL Mock Draft Database

I agree, center is probably where he'll end up ! Could be a good prospect!

The Lions aren't looking for more athletic types. They're looking for maulers. That's why they got Rob Sims.

The Lions aren't looking for more athletic types. They're looking for maulers. That's why they got Rob Sims.

That also may be true, FSU runs a zone blocking type system, he may be a better fit in a place like Denver or I think Washington now runs it. But I still think he is good enough to play in any system.

I hate to break the news, but the Lions are at an advantage in that their line should be intact for 2011, and there is no need to draft OL in a down year for the line. Which works out well for the Lions. The strength in this draft is with the defensive line and CB, and I also really like the WR depth as well. The Lions should be in great shape next year for their secondary. I don't know if they can fix the issues at LB, they might have to patch that up until a good long term solution is found. They have enough to make do. I expect we won't have Peterson next year.

Edited by cruzer1

And the idea that you know more about quarterbacks than NFL scouts is also ludicrous. This is supposedly what scouts are saying. We will know more when the season is done.

I've heard cowherd say that - and he's an idiot.

I haven't heard a scout say that. Did cowherd give a name or do it anonymously?

Yet, Raiola is purely athletic and Backus, although not overly athletic, certainly isn't a mauler......neither is Jason Fox , nor Gandy....they have a serious lack of depth on the OL and the problem is , there are too many holes to fill on this team and not enough talent.

Edited by Scottish caveman

However is really quick and has great balance. He is about to be a 3 time all-acc o-lineman and he had an argument to make it his freshman year as well. Here is one sites comments about this

Sounds like Dominic Raiola 2.0...not big enough but makes up for it with intangables. I like the kid out of BC (Claiborne?) as a later round prospect at OG, 4th or 5th rounder.