froggyvk

2011 NFL Draft

He's the type of multi dimensional TE that will grade out very high. I think he's better than Jeremy Shockey ever was.

Oh, Rudolph. I agree. I like him. He's the only chance to get a starting TE in this class. I expect him to go in the first round despite his torn hamstring that'll keep him out for the season. But injuries didn't keep Pettigrew and Gresham out of the first round, and Rudolph is by far the best in this class. He should declare as a junior.

I think one of the top LB's I've seen this year is Martez Wilson out of Illinois....if his neck checks out okay and He comes out early, I'd love to see him with the Lions .

I think one of the top LB's I've seen this year is Martez Wilson out of Illinois....if his neck checks out okay and He comes out early, I'd love to see him with the Lions .

I remember when Michigan recruited this kid. He was very heavily recruited. I have never noticed him on the field for Illinois but I looked up his stats and measurables and he compares favorably to Akeem Ayers.

I'm really not one for evaluating college talent, but it seems that most mock drafts have the first LB not being selected till around the 20th pick. To me LB seems to be the biggest need. If the Lions remain top 10 it seems almost certain they will draft a CB, but I think an OT is a safer pick and we can move Backus inside.

I'm really not one for evaluating college talent, but it seems that most mock drafts have the first LB not being selected till around the 20th pick. To me LB seems to be the biggest need. If the Lions remain top 10 it seems almost certain they will draft a CB, but I think an OT is a safer pick and we can move Backus inside.

I agree with you, I suppose it's a little early for conjecture but I do like the way the Lion's have evaluated talent in the last few drafts !

Problem is, there isn't a LT better than Backus in this draft. There are plenty of LB's available, there is more than one round in a draft. Great CB's are hard to find, and don't last long.

I remember when Michigan recruited this kid. He was very heavily recruited. I have never noticed him on the field for Illinois but I looked up his stats and measurables and he compares favorably to Akeem Ayers.

He does compare, I like both players...Wilson's problem may be his neck injury that forced him to miss last year .

Problem is, there isn't a LT better than Backus in this draft. There are plenty of LB's available, there is more than one round in a draft. Great CB's are hard to find, and don't last long.

CB's are always riskier and more often than not never pan out. Bringing in Alphonso Smith in the off season really helped the position. I understand there is more rounds but the LB is extremely weak so I would rather replenish it with first round talent and use 2-4 talent to fill other positions of need that aren't as weak as LB like CB and OG.

There isn't an elite tackle like Okung in the draft but there are some good developmental tackles who might be worth taking outside of the top ten. Derek Sherrod is the hot name of late.

There isn't an elite tackle like Okung in the draft but there are some good developmental tackles who might be worth taking outside of the top ten. Derek Sherrod is the hot name of late.

Does anyone know how good or bad Jason Fox is? Will he get a chance to play next season?

Does anyone know how good or bad Jason Fox is? Will he get a chance to play next season?

Almost all I ever hear about Jason Fox is , He's injured somehow....It was reported last week He was working out at guard though !

Cornerback is not a first round need. I'd rather have Robert Quinn if there is no LB or S worth taking.

I don't care who we get, but they better be able to tackle. SO tired of seeing guys just throw themselves at the player with the ball, and hoping they fall down. WRAP UP!

If the Lions are picking in the Top 10 and Green is available at their selection, what players have to be gone before you pull the trigger?

McShay has the Lions picking at #7.

The players I'd consider before Green are:

Robert Quinn

Da'Quan Bowers

Patrick Peterson

Prince Amukamara

Todd McShay's mock is the absolute worst case scenario for Detroit. In McShay's mock, these players are gone: Bowers at #3, Peterson at #4, Prince at #5 and Quinn at #6. It could be moot, because in his mock Prince goes to Denver and Quinn goes to Cincinnati, and if the draft were held today they'd be picking behind the Lions. Detrout would have #5.

Great Blue North Draft Report

2011 NFL draft: Stanford Cardinal QB Andrew Luck tops Todd McShay's initial 2011 first-round projection - ESPN

That being said, McShay has the Lions taking Clayborn at #7. I don't like it. He's not the dominant type of DE I'd draft to put on our defensive line. Like I said, that would be Quinn or Bowers.

The way that mock pans out... I would take Green.

Curious to see what would need to happen for you to consider him. The Lions go BPA, and Green is it the way that draft falls.

Sideline Scouting - 2011 Big Board

Now, I wonder if the Mayhew/Schwartz regime would be weary of taking a WR, or if it would "remind" people of the Millen era and Rogers, Williams and Williams.

But if they continue with their draft strategy, then yes... Green should be the pick.

The Lions still don't have a bell cow back. I'd love to pick one up this draft, whether it may be Ingram or John Clay later in the 2nd or third.

The Lions still don't have a bell cow back. I'd love to pick one up this draft, whether it may be Ingram or John Clay later in the 2nd or third.

What type of back do you consider Jerome Felton?

What type of back do you consider Jerome Felton?

Not a bell cow. A bell cow is a runner I know I'm going to give him 20 carries, and is very likely to hit 100 yards every game. Not too many out there in the NFL right now, and the Lions really don't have one now. Best is a great change of pace, but doesn't have enough power to be an every day back.

Not a bell cow. A bell cow is a runner I know I'm going to give him 20 carries, and is very likely to hit 100 yards every game. Not too many out there in the NFL right now, and the Lions really don't have one now. Best is a great change of pace, but doesn't have enough power to be an every day back.

Don't you see John Clay as the second coming of Ron Dayne?

Cornerback is not a first round need. I'd rather have Robert Quinn if there is no LB or S worth taking.

Akeem Ayers is freaky linebacker. Not sure if he's projected as a 3-4 guy but he is REAL good.

Would you be happier with draft A or B

Draft A:

Rd 1: Ryan Mallett QB, Arkansas

Rd 2: Greg Jones OLB, Michigan St

Rd 3: DeMarcus Love OT, Arkansas

Draft B:

Rd 1: Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

Rd 2: Greg Jones OLB, Michigan St

Rd 3: Austin Pettis WR, Boise St

#1 Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

#2 Cam Newton QB, Auburn

#3 DeMarcus Love OT, Arkansas