froggyvk

2011 NFL Draft

I dont buy that the #2 QB cant take a team to the playoffs. Tom Brady was the #2 QB behind Drew Bledsoe.

It's very rare.

avril looks good now that he's getting one-on-one blocking all the time thanks to Suh.

I would be happy if the Lions upgraded at DE, but LB is more of a concern at the moment. I'm not going to break the bank (or the cap) to keep Avril.

I dont buy that the #2 QB cant take a team to the playoffs. Tom Brady was the #2 QB behind Drew Bledsoe.

As Cruzer said it is very rare. One of the reasons Green Bay has been good for so long was that Holgrem kept dealing Farve's backups for good players.

If someone is willing to deal an everydown starter (via a draft choice) for a player who may or may not play much, you've got to consider it. If a team believes Hill can be their #1 then this is the time to take advantage while he has a year left on his contract, because the next year he'll be gone.

avril looks good now that he's getting one-on-one blocking all the time thanks to Suh.

I would be happy if the Lions upgraded at DE, but LB is more of a concern at the moment. I'm not going to break the bank (or the cap) to keep Avril.

Exactly. There are a lot of decent players that are going to look good playing next to Suh and Williams. Avril is a decent player and I would not be upset to bring him back but I also would not rule out upgrading.

This is a strong draft for defensive ends. What it comes down to for me with that first round pick is weighing our options at more pressing needs against the defensive ends that are still on the board. Right now, I can say I would definitely take Ayers if he is there. If he is not there, I think things are very much up in the air.

I would deal Hill or Stanton for value. You can always get a decent backup QB out there.

As Cruzer said it is very rare. One of the reasons Green Bay has been good for so long was that Holgrem kept dealing Farve's backups for good players.

It certainly helps your chances when you have an iron man at QB, who never cedes his job to a #2.

Would be nice if we had the same situation here.

Two prospects who looked good in last night's Cactus Bowl game;

LiRonnie Davis , RB, Albany State 6-2e 250e

L.J. Castillo , WR, Delta State 6-3e 218e

Both showed speed and power, hope they do well and get an invitation to the combine !

It's very rare.

Rapesburger was the Steelers #3 QB and he went to the AFC championship his rookie year.

Vick was behind Kolb to start the year, Charlie Whitehurst won the game to send the Hawks to the playoffs. It happens more then you think.

Rapesburger was the Steelers #3 QB and he went to the AFC championship his rookie year.

Vick was behind Kolb to start the year, Charlie Whitehurst won the game to send the Hawks to the playoffs. It happens more then you think.

Both examples of the best QB on their teams, but pure backups like Earl Morrall, it's very rare.

Haven’t paid attention to Nick Fairley a lot this year. I have heard he’s a dirty player and he showed it last night. Anyways, my question is this… Mushburger compared him to Suh last night. Was that just overhyping a kid or is he really worthy of such high praise? Based on one game, my gut says he’s got bust written all over him. And that’s with him having a good game! I have no other reason behind this other then he just doesn’t have IT in my opinion. He looks like a tubby nerd with his helmet on and looks stupid. I’m not being sarcastic either he literally looks stupid with his helmet on.

Haven’t paid attention to Nick Fairley a lot this year. I have heard he’s a dirty player and he showed it last night. Anyways, my question is this… Mushburger compared him to Suh last night. Was that just overhyping a kid or is he really worthy of such high praise? Based on one game, my gut says he’s got bust written all over him. And that’s with him having a good game! I have no other reason behind this other then he just doesn’t have IT in my opinion. He looks like a tubby nerd with his helmet on and looks stupid. I’m not being sarcastic either he literally looks stupid with his helmet on.

It looked as if Oregon was screen blocking him all night. They would kind of touch him and then let him go.

Janoris Jenkins remaining at Florida

"It would have been real easy for Janoris to make an emotional choice and leave early," Muschamp said. "But with our contacts in the NFL, we were able to assist him in understanding his draft status and he made an educated decision that will be beneficial to him in the long term."

What could their NFL contacts have said that made coming back a good idea? No NFL, but a bigger contract?

What could their NFL contacts have said that made coming back a good idea? No NFL, but a bigger contract?

Translation, "It would have been real easy for Janoris to make an educated choice and leave early, but with our contacts in the NFL, we were able to BS him about his draft status and he could make the decision I wanted."

in all seriousness, they probably told him that with his shoulder issue, he was going to fall after not being able to work out for prospective employers pre-draft. not enough anyways. If he comes back, gets healthy etc., he shoudl be a sure fire first rounder and he'll get millions in guaranteed money that way, as opposed to being a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

in all seriousness, they probably told him that with his shoulder issue, he was going to fall after not being able to work out for prospective employers pre-draft. not enough anyways. If he comes back, gets healthy etc., he shoudl be a sure fire first rounder and he'll get millions in guaranteed money that way, as opposed to being a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Was he gonna fall that far?

I thought he would stay in the first round.

The fans have no say in the matter. Spammer!

Actually, cruzer, the signatures on that petition will be sent with a letter to Goodell and the owners encouraging them to get a deal down. In this case, fans definitely have a say in the matter as a strong outcry and huge responses for this petition are no doubt going to be noticed by league officials.

You dont think Goddell knows that fans want a deal done? I dont think getting signatures of fans and sending it to the league offices is going to make a difference.

Actually, cruzer, the signatures on that petition will be sent with a letter to Goodell and the owners encouraging them to get a deal down. In this case, fans definitely have a say in the matter as a strong outcry and huge responses for this petition are no doubt going to be noticed by league officials.

Completely ignored. Straight into the garbage can. They do not care what you think or want.