25. DAL - OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

26. NYJ - *DE Jared Crick, Nebraska

27. BAL - *CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida

28. GB - *CB Brandon Harris, Miami

29. MIN - DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson

30. SD - OT Joseph Barksdale, LSU

31. IND - *DT Jurrell Casey, USC

32. NO - OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

It's disgusting that New England has Oakland's first....

...and an extra 2nd too.

Crazy as it might seem, but I think that Oakland has more talent than NE right now. They don't have a better team, but if Campbell improves, they'll be a playoff team, in my opinion.

Its way to early to think the Lions will be drafting at #15.

I'm not a fan in trading up, either.

Hopefully a stud OT emerges so the Lions can draft him.

Or, more hopefully, Jason Fox emerges as a potential LT. Then the Lions can draft the pass rushing end they so desperately need.

Edited by Buddha

Peterson is old and we have ???? starting on the weakside...I would think we'd be looking to go OLB in the 1st round next year....

I have no idea what OLBs may be at the top of the draft next year, but I would think a top flight DE would be better value in the first round and would hope for a good OLB falling to us in the 2nd round with a lot of QBs potentially going in the 1st round

I have no idea what OLBs may be at the top of the draft next year, but I would think a top flight DE would be better value in the first round and would hope for a good OLB falling to us in the 2nd round with a lot of QBs potentially going in the 1st round

Depends on where we draft...if we're top 5 again a DE makes more sense. If we're between 5 and 15 that "elite" DE will be gone and it would make more sense to grab a shutdown CB or LB.

Crazy as it might seem, but I think that Oakland has more talent than NE right now. They don't have a better team, but if Campbell improves, they'll be a playoff team, in my opinion.

How does that work (outside of comparing composite 40-times you Al Davis clone you) :happy:

The Pats were a 10-win playoff team last year and added a crapload of talent via the draft, kept a lot of their players, and added a couple of vets in Damione Lewis (very underrated) and Tory Holt (very overrated--but a chance for a resurgence in N.E)

I really liked their draft in terms of quantity AND quality.

How does that work (outside of comparing composite 40-times you Al Davis clone you) :happy:

The Pats were a 10-win playoff team last year and added a crapload of talent via the draft, kept a lot of their players, and added a couple of vets in Damione Lewis (very underrated) and Tory Holt (very overrated--but a chance for a resurgence in N.E)

I really liked their draft in terms of quantity AND quality.

Not sure I'm still waiting for Fredie Barnes to be drafted..

Oakland doesn't have more talent than New England -- not even close, but I can't wait to read Cruzer's response.

Oakland doesn't have more talent than New England -- not even close, but I can't wait to read Cruzer's response.

For the record, I love what Oakland has done...last year I said they may have been just a mediocre QB away (and I think Campbell has the chance to be more than just mediocre)

However, his lack of elite arm strength isn't great with all of those burners and I think they made a mistake getting rid of Morrison--would've looked great in a hybrid 3-4 look.

Hey, more guys who have to watch more Andrew Luck tape.

Or maybe they dont feel he is leaving. Not many players leave after their RS So season even if they are rated highly(see Bradford last year).

Not realizing he's a draft eligible RS Soph is the only reason for someone to leave him out of the 1st round.

EDIT: That's a fair assessment JM. Although it seems stupid for a mocker to try and predict who will stay in school. If they are elgible they should be in a mock list.

Edited by Hongbit

Not realizing he's a draft eligible RS Soph is the only reason for someone to leave him out of the 1st round.

Agreed, the only excuse I could see at this point for not having him first round is either because they dont think he is eligible or they dont think he would leave.

I don't study the draft as much as some but there seems to be way too many players whose first name starts with J in that mock.

This made me laugh but is also quite a fair assessment