MoTownTigers15

Austin Jackson

Can of Corn Jackson

(Super Sizemore and Toots Scherzer too)

I also called him Toots..but I call everybody toots..

I'm still going with Tito..

Edited by sportz4life

I don't usually like nicknames but AJax is OK. I've always liked Greek Mythology.

And dutch soccer...

In the field I've been calling him "Curt-I mean Austin Jackson."

Curtis Granderson, Version 2.

or CGV2 for short.

Sort of like R2D2.

I'd bet a million billion trillion fake Internet dollars that AJax is the one that'll stick.

you giving odds --- like a million to one?

TinCan Jackson

Is "I'm A Big Fan Of" Austin Jackson too contrived? I also like Austin "2010 ROY" Jackson.

Semi-tangent, but I think my favorite nickname of all time across genres has to be "Satchmo".

This kid can flat out play! He's going to be something special. Thanks to DD, as it was a very gutsy move moving Granderson, but I like what I see thus far from this kid!

ps - edwin jackson has been very blah!!

Jackson has an interesting skill set. He's on a pace for 220 hits and 230 strikeouts. I doubt that's ever been done before. His defense is outstanding.

I think he leads the league in K's so far, but somehow his timely hits, walks and plays in the outfield kind of overshadow the K's to the fact that when he does strikeout you aren't saying geez he struck out again...

Jackson has an interesting skill set. He's on a pace for 220 hits and 230 strikeouts. I doubt that's ever been done before. His defense is outstanding.

jackson's baseball IQ seems to be good enough that I'm hoping the K rate starts to fall when he starts seeing pitchers for the second and third time. A number of his K's are of the 'expected' variety - i.e. seeing Henandez's slider for the very first time. Those are situations he will never be in again.

Jackson has a great looking swing, when he makes contact it is usually solid. But I am afraid these strikeouts will catch up sooner rather than later. I am hoping that his plat discipline gets better as he collects more MLB ABs.

Normally I'm worried about strikeouts, but I'm not with Jackson because I'm not seeing any real holes in his swing yet. (Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of him, so take that with a grain of salt). Plus, he's seems willing to take a pitch and draw a walk. I think the Ks will go away with experience.