MoTownTigers15

Austin Jackson

Swinging Strike % = Swinging strikes (i.e., no contact) / Total Strikes.

Contact % = (Foul + In Play Strikes) / (Foul + In Play Strikes + Swinging Strikes).

Make sense?

Makes sense, but doesn't (Foul + In Play Strikes + Swinging Strikes) = Total Strikes? If so, I would expect the two to add up to 100%.

The Fielding Bible has him as the #1 defensive CF in the game. No surprise there. I've stopped counting the # of times i've seen him, just at the games I've been to, make a catch where I think, even as the ball gets near him "No way can he get that"

Will he win a Gold Glove? Or will he be one of the annual "If this guy doesn't win a gold glove then stop giving them out" winners?

The Fielding Bible has him as the #1 defensive CF in the game. No surprise there. I've stopped counting the # of times i've seen him, just at the games I've been to, make a catch where I think, even as the ball gets near him "No way can he get that"

Will he win a Gold Glove? Or will he be one of the annual "If this guy doesn't win a gold glove then stop giving them out" winners?

not this year..doesn't come in on the ball well..and rookies are always at a disadvantage.

Next year, maybe

I think it's difficult for a rookie to come in and do what Jackson has done both offensively and defensively at an impact position and do it all year long. Feliz has had a very good season but it's less extraordinary for a rookie to excel as a reliever than as a center fielder. They have to give it to Jackson.

I think it's difficult for a rookie to come in and do what Jackson has done both offensively and defensively at an impact position and do it all year long. Feliz has had a very good season but it's less extraordinary for a rookie to excel as a reliever than as a center fielder. They have to give it to Jackson.

+1

I'd say there is a very good chance that he does not win a Gold Glove and the he is not Rookie of the Year. For the record, in a fair world, he should get both IMHO.

Feliz has had a very good season but it's less extraordinary for a rookie to excel as a reliever than as a center fielder. They have to give it to Jackson.

I agree. And for what it's worth, for a rookie, Feliz had a considerable amount of MLB experience coming into the season - 20 games, 31 IP last year. Jackson hit the ground running without the benefit of an MLB taste last year.