MoTownTigers15

Austin Jackson

I have to say Austin jackson has out played my expectations for him i dont know about you guys. i know its early but the guy is 5 for 15 and thats what you want from him, showing good power and knows how to run the bases very well. what do you guys think?

jeezum you new or something

new threads have to have "official" or "appreciation" in the title, if not -- the first post has to be a lineup

this one just seems to be about Austin "insert nickname" Jackson

I didn't have any expectations one way or another --- but I am glad he is doing well...now if Sizemore can start swinging the stuck

Since Reggie Jackson digs Austin Jackson so much, and they've already got the same last name, how 'bout we just start referring to Austin as "Reggie Jr"?

Since Reggie Jackson digs Austin Jackson so much, and they've already got the same last name, how 'bout we just start referring to Austin as "Reggie Jr"?

With WBC's causing later season starts maybe one day we'll be able to call him Mr. December.

The strikeouts last night were rough, but I have also been impressed with Jackson. It's obviously far too early to judge him, but he looks like he's giving it his all and is getting good results.

Sizemore, on the other hand, I'm just not feeling good about long term. That lack of effort last night will stick in my head for awhile...

Sizemore, on the other hand, I'm just not feeling good about long term. That lack of effort last night will stick in my head for awhile...

I don't think it was much of a lack of effort, more of a lack of concentration which is more understandable for a rookie in his second MLB game. With that ball coming at him he felt he had to make a throw to the plate in order to save that run. He drops the ball and he immediately thought he lost the game. Walking over and picking up the ball was more of a "minds well make myself useful and pick this ball up as I just cost us a shot at this game". He noticed at the last second what happened and then tried to get the ball in.

Stupid play, but not necessarily due to lack of hustle.

Quick impressions: Long swing, questionable plate discipline at times, drives the ball well. Has had success with the fastball, will wait and see once the league gets a book on him, how he handles the offspeed stuff. Defensively, good range, avg. to slightly above avg. arm strength. Nice accuracy on the throw the other night to nab the guy at home.

Lots to like, some things to worry about, look forward to his progression.

AJ or just Austin Jackson for me... all the others I'm hearing for him sound too forced. I really dig watching this kid play. Hoping he parlays his hot start into a solid ROY campaign...

Impressed with the gap power he's shown, very unimpressed with his strike zone judgment/plate discipline

If you could combine Sizemore and Jackson into one player then I'd really be impressed

AJ makes me think of a player I can't stand, though.

Yeah there is that... damn. Guess it's just "Austin Jackson" then...

AJax

Yea, people can stop trying to make new ones and stop complaining about it. Nothing we can do now, AJax is his nickname

I know it is only 3 games, but if you told me preseason that he'd be sitting at 1.000 OPS at this point... I would have told you that you were crazy.

I know it is only 3 games, but if you told me preseason that he'd be sitting at 1.000 OPS at this point... I would have told you that you were crazy.

Well, to be fair, Royals ≈ AAA

And we all know Austin Jackson can hit AAA pitching. :happy:

Well, to be fair, Royals ≈ AAA

And we all know Austin Jackson can hit AAA pitching. :happy:

psh... he only hit .759 against AAA pitching last year!