dlions

Shaun Rogers arrested at airport with gun

.Report: Ex-Lions Shaun Rogers arrested at airport with gun

The Detroit News

Former Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers, currently with the Browns, was arrested at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport with a gun, according to a report.

Television station WOIO in Cleveland says Rogers was arrested as he was about to board a flight. The gun was discovered in a bag. Rogers told officers he forgot the gun was in there, according to the report.

Rogers was a second-round pick of the Lions in 2001 and he spent his first seven NFL seasons with the team. He has been with the Browns since 2008.

From The Detroit News: Report: Ex-Lions Shaun Rogers arrested at airport with gun | detnews.com | The Detroit News

How did they find it as he was boarding? Why didn't they find it at the security check? This doesn't make sense.

No idea sagnam. I don't know if he was flying commercial or charter but I can only hope that it was charter and that the security check was right before boarding and not done with everyone else. I just don't know but thought I'd guess.

I can only hope that it was charter and that the security check was right before boarding and not done with everyone else.

For sure.

TMZ:

We're told a security officer working an X-ray machine saw the handgun in Rogers' carry-on bag and immediately called police.

Shaun's not too bright but we already knew that.

When are people going to learn. When you get rich and famous, you don't carry guns. You pay people to carry guns for you!

but guns are awesome...they make you cool and compensate for male inadequacies.

Actually, I'm a big 2nd amendment supporter but this is really dumb.

but guns are awesome...they make you cool and compensate for male inadequacies.

Actually, I'm a big 2nd amendment supporter but this is really dumb.

Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. It's the Godfather principle. The guy that is supporting/running everyone stays squeaky clean because if they go down the whole operation is finished.

Another reason why it is safer to pay one of your friends/entourage to drive you around. No chance of a DUI.

Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. It's the Godfather principle. The guy that is supporting/running everyone stays squeaky clean because if they go down the whole operation is finished.

Another reason why it is safer to pay one of your friends/entourage to drive you around. No chance of a DUI.

Um...it has everything to do with the 2nd amendment. That is the one that allows us common folk to have guns.

I support that right. Unlike the knee-jerks who would use this as evidence that the right should go away.

Rogers is just a big dope...who like you say, should have had his entourage sort all this out.

I don't know that this case is a 2nd Amendment issue. Nobody that I've heard is questioning his right to carry a gun. We're questioning his brain power in concealing the gun in his bag without a permit & trying to board a plane after 9/11. Oh, & we're questioning why he didn't just eat it.

Um...it has everything to do with the 2nd amendment. That is the one that allows us common folk to have guns.

I support that right. Unlike the knee-jerks who would use this as evidence that the right should go away.

Nope.

Good for the pov that there should be some kind of responsible attitude to gun ownership though. Forgetting where it is is pretty irresponsible imo.

Anyone who owns a gun should be responsible enough to know where it is AT ALL TIMES. There is no excuse.

I agree but this happens a minimum of 100 times in any given week in this country. The majority of them are LEO's or their family members.

#1 excuse "I didn't know it was in there."

I agree but this happens a minimum of 100 times in any given week in this country. The majority of them are LEO's or their family members.

#1 excuse "I didn't know it was in there."

That's true. I know of a case where that happened but they passed security without it's discovery.

lol...whoops.

No offense to you, but how is this funny? I am getting really sick and tired of this ****, and it's really starting to piss me off!

ESPN says he'll get up to five years ... or as little as probation. Jesus, why not just cut the drama and say he'll most likely just get probation?

Good for the pov that there should be some kind of responsible attitude to gun ownership though. Forgetting where it is is pretty irresponsible imo.

...and a lame excuse!

No offense to you, but how is this funny? I am getting really sick and tired of this ****, and it's really starting to piss me off!

ESPN says he'll get up to five years ... or as little as probation. Jesus, why not just cut the drama and say he'll most likely just get probation?

...and a lame excuse!

The guy gets paid millions and millions of dollars and he's too stupid to remember he forgot a gun (a pretty big deal) in his carry-on? Are you serious? It made me chuckle. It's just another example of how stupid some athletes are and it's pathetic.

the gun was loaded....at an airport....

throw the book at him and make him an example!

Of course Roger Goodell will welcome him back as he did Michael Vick because there is no crime too obscene if you are a "playmaker" who might put cheeks in seats.