Deleterious

2010 Pistons Offseason Thread

Maybe I missed this along the way at some point but did the Pistons resign Big Ben? I assumed that they would but don't recall hearing anything about it.

Yep. 2 years at about $1.9 million each year.

Great, thanks! Good to see him in the red, white, and blue for at least one more year.

If we cant be a good team, we can at least be nostalgic

tayshaun: 14th

Ariza: 18th

Ha ha! Too bad sporty is banned. All we can do is make fun of the other Tayshaun-hater on this board...:happy:

Prince 2010-2011 salary: $11.148 million.

Ariza 2010-2011 salary: $6.3 million.

For the billionth time, I don't hate Prince. I hate his salary. Actually, I don't really like Prince either. But I could stomach him at $6 million per.

Prince 2010-2011 salary: $11.148 million.

Ariza 2010-2011 salary: $6.3 million.

For the billionth time, I don't hate Prince. I hate his salary. Actually, I don't really like Prince either. But I could stomach him at $6 million per.

The lady doth protest too much...

(you're the lady in this scenario)

The lady doth protest too much...

(you're the lady in this scenario)

I find it interesting you like Prince. He clearly has the psychical tools and skills to be a much bigger contributor. Yet his lack of drive/desire/whatever keeps him from doing so. He is content sitting back and being a 3rd or 4th option. Maybe all of your ranting and raving this summer about liking players who step up was Much Ado About Nothing.

I find it interesting you like Prince. He clearly has the psychical tools and skills to be a much bigger contributor. Yet his lack of drive/desire/whatever keeps him from doing so. He is content sitting back and being a 3rd or 4th option. Maybe all of your ranting and raving this summer about liking players who step up was Much Ado About Nothing.

Kudos on the shakespeare reference!

I think Prince is ok, not a great player. I just don't think he's as bad as you think he is, and I don't have a problem with the contract considering when it was signed they needed him to be a piece to the puzzle.

I just think he's better than Trevor Ariza.

Plus, it's something to give you **** about, which is always a good thing.

When did he get banned?

The moderators finally paid attention when he started calling people names.

The moderators finally paid attention when he started calling people names.

It's really a shame since he was so much smarter than us and had all these sources and gave us such great insight like Manny Harris being the next Jamal Crawford.

I thought a little like this when Tayshaun was younger but he is limited physically more than I think most people realize. He is a good spot up shooter but needs somebody else to set him up when shooting it. And his ball handling has always been overrated. It limits him on the fast break and dribble penetration...not too mention his lack of overall quickness that is also a factor. His two greatest strengths are his spot up shooting and his post game.

This isn't to say I think he is a bad player. He did more last year than I thought he would. He just is not even the third best player on a championship team.

Since this is the Piston offseason thread, you wonder what Denver is going to do with Carmelo and how this could impact the Pistons possibly unloading Rip and/or Tayshaun. Denver has got a nice expiring contract in Kenyon Martin and Chauncey and Rip were always real close friends...you have got to believe Chauncey would be pro Rip in Denver. If the Nuggets would trade Carmelo, it might open the door to bring in some of the players we need to get rid of.

Since this is the Piston offseason thread, you wonder what Denver is going to do with Carmelo and how this could impact the Pistons possibly unloading Rip and/or Tayshaun. Denver has got a nice expiring contract in Kenyon Martin and Chauncey and Rip were always real close friends...you have got to believe Chauncey would be pro Rip in Denver. If the Nuggets would trade Carmelo, it might open the door to bring in some of the players we need to get rid of.

It doesn't seem like Denver would try to recreate the magic of a now over the hill backcourt to replace Anthony as a draw or a centerpiece to build around. Who knows though.

It doesn't seem like Denver would try to recreate the magic of a now over the hill backcourt to replace Anthony as a draw or a centerpiece to build around. Who knows though.

Certainly not. The return for Anthony is going to be a huge part of the team. They are not likely to equal return but they will at least will get some pieces.

I think Denver rides it out with Anthony and hopes to contend this year and work out a sign and trade in the off season.

Certainly not. The return for Anthony is going to be a huge part of the team. They are not likely to equal return but they will at least will get some pieces.

Right, which is why I don't think they'd be interested in Rip, his contract or finding Billups a backcourt partner.

If Anthony does get moved, I expect Billups will be the next out the door.

Denver would probably go into rebuild mode and Billups can still bring back a little something. I think he is on the last year of his deal - or next year is a team option - so they might just let him expire for the cap space.

Top 15 NBA Expiring Contracts | Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers

Top 15 expiring contracts in the league. Basically, a list of guys the Pistons should probably be targeting for a Rip trade.

Can't see any of those teams taking Rip.

Phoenix for Richardson? Throw Jerebko in there or something? Still probably not.

NBA HD: How To Get Your Free Agents Half-Off | Hardwood Paroxysm

HP outlines the importance of signing players to extensions rather than letting them hit the free agent market. Specifically, how it saves the team a lot of money and gets them more value.

I'm posting it here instead of the NBA forum because the Pistons are dealing with this right now with Stuckey. Although his situation is slightly different because of the new CBA coming next summer. Dumars is most likely waiting on that before signing Stuckey in hopes of getting him cheaper after the new CBA kicks in.